Passed Burning the village... Ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think it would be much better to actually gift a city to team mates, allies, or even enemies during a diplomatic negotiation instead of destroying a particular city. Waste not, want not. In the present system you can technically do that, but you have to waste a colony ship to do this. Maybe it would be better to have a city transfer system with a small waiting period of 24-48 hours, and dependent on both parties having the relevant city slots to make the transfer.

DeletedUser18132

Besides, abandoning your own cities on the the DO NOT SUGGEST list, so this technically should be closed...

DeletedUser8396

noooo...we arent abandoning them...we are giving ghosts a home....

help the cause

DeletedUser

Or IS it? Give the cities to those in need! Lol I have a NEW idea, copyright -.-, give up a city to someone else! Although I think that would have many abusive problems :/ so scratch that.. Still copyrighted lol..

DeletedUser

Why do we need to sacrifice CP???? Getting rid of cities is so you can open slots not to get the next slot opened late than usual. Also what if I destroy my 2nd or 3rd city? Will my CP be in negative values (because slot number 3 opens at cultural level 3)??? Overall please don't do this CP cost. Maybe resources or favor?

DeletedUser

Resources is kinda pointless, unless you have a large amount where you would need to draw resources from your other cities.

DeletedUser

Lol people do it all the time Kanga! Some greedy big companies burn down their building/s for insurance money.

DeletedUser

lol.

Just because people do it, doesn't mean we should encourage or allow it here. :D

DeletedUser22650

I think it would be much better to actually gift a city to team mates, allies, or even enemies during a diplomatic negotiation instead of destroying a particular city. Waste not, want not. In the present system you can technically do that, but you have to waste a colony ship to do this. Maybe it would be better to have a city transfer system with a small waiting period of 24-48 hours, and dependent on both parties having the relevant city slots to make the transfer.

now thats an idea i could get down with :D you should write that one up, i cant rep you because you talk to much sense ive obviously hit you before ;)

DeletedUser

now thats an idea i could get down with :D you should write that one up, i cant rep you because you talk to much sense ive obviously hit you before ;)

I just may do that, I will get one thread up for this in a few days. :)

DeletedUser

I still think there is a need for this because I have one city that is way out of my area I took to hit a world wonder, and it worked. Now World Wonders are basically over in Pi since TEIN (aka Incubi) has finished the first 4 WW. I like to dump the city. Nobody that are my enemies are attempting to CS it, and nobody who is in my alliance or ally are in that area either. I need to just dump it.

DeletedUser

Thoughts and considerations

General John Sullivan was a firm believer in the scorched earth policy. While getting bp until the city is taken over might benefit the individual, allowing the enemy to get a base in the FEBA could greatly detriment the entire alliance.

The only pitfall to making it free would be the rapid takeover of all inactive cities, to be turned into resource farms and suicide barracks to be dumped at leisure. So it definitely needs some kind of limit. Instead of CP or Resources, perhaps a time limit could be placed on it. Like a maximum of 1 per 24 or 48 hours modified by world speed.

Gifting a city - huge potential for abuse. I said that in another thread that I played Evony, but didnt enjoy it. That's because I played the game with a team to make money. By selling cities and heroes. I'd like to play this one for leisure. There is already enough grief in the forums against those who can pay to play. This would exacerbate that a thousand fold. (and I really don't want to go back to 12 hour shifts for a month or two to make a paltry 3k.) Limiting it to Alliance members wouldn't work - too easy to get around. Putting a time limit on the gift would just up the asking price.

Edited to add the following:

On a different tangent - adding an option to move the city could be viable. Whatever the price - CP or gold. That would make wars more fluid, and allow the defeated enemy to retire from the field. Downside: all the new players getting farmed, so perhaps a limit could be the distance travled, or even a loss of building levels tied to distance from core to the rim. (allowing a player to get into an ocean at roughly the same level as already established.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gifting a city - huge potential for abuse. I said that in another thread that I played Evony, but didnt enjoy it. That's because I played the game with a team to make money. By selling cities and heroes. I'd like to play this one for leisure. There is already enough grief in the forums against those who can pay to play. This would exacerbate that a thousand fold. (and I really don't want to go back to 12 hour shifts for a month or two to make a paltry 3k.) Limiting it to Alliance members wouldn't work - too easy to get around. Putting a time limit on the gift would just up the asking price.

How exactly could gifting a city contain abuse that isn't somehow already problematic in game?

DeletedUser

I like it, in Civilization you can raze cities if their control no longer is beneficial - why not here too?

DeletedUser

I think it is a good idea but it should not cost you anything to destroy the city you already built. And in addition for burning and abandoning your city you gain the ability to conquer or Colonize a new building because you gave one up.

Just burn it to the ground and walk away. Give it a burning time limit say 24 hours that would give other players 24 hours to launch a CS to the burning town and try to salvation it from the fire. The longer the town is burning to the ground during the 24 hour burning period the city buildings would have suffered great losses but some of the buildings and levels maintain integrity.

I like the idea especially if you add what I mentioned to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.