Calling all Vets

DeletedUser14437

Just trying to see who was around last time I played (2011-2012) and still plays now. Just joined Epidamnos under a new account name: Let's see if any of y'all are still around (even if you're on an alternate account now).

DeletedUser41523

Just trying to see who was around last time I played (2011-2012) and still plays now. Just joined Epidamnos under a new account name: Let's see if any of y'all are still around (even if you're on an alternate account now).

Theta, Omicron, Ithica under the Nodcrush account.

DeletedUser16512

dont know the alliance i was with Daizan but think i only got upto 4 or 5 citys there and left game as i only wanted to see what the game was like, then joined up with Daizan a couple of server later and started to play for real

DeletedUser24785

Daizan played many servers, mainly as RAGE ALLIANCE, Lamia stands out as they lost to a fantastic alliance called The Barbarians, founded and led by an awesome player, can't remember his name though.

But TB had some great players then , many new to the game and formed long standing friendships, although many no longer play.
Daizan did go too the Hero servers , but it think that all died a death at some stage.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
@timothy dewey About that even discussion is odd. As I remember Grepolis gained award of game of the year in 2012 and never afterwards, so it explains everything by itself. It definitely was way much better in the past than now, when game can be radically changed by all these tools, gold tradings, so frequent events and so on.

@VonL That's the alliance where I reached best results during my 7+ years being here and that's the alliance which raised me and taught all about this game. So I really miss those times and good old team mates.

DeletedUser55362

Do you feel the game as a whole was better back then, i do. For me i feel although i'm not against gold use, the events are far too many / often and most of the tactical side and the hours spent playing can easily be countered if you spend money. Just my view would like other vets view on this.

Depends when you started playing the game.

When i started playing the gold users had one "big" advantage in-game: Olympic Games. (Playing without the 5 advisors seems silly...)
And there was no such thing as events, furthermore "more events" means more advantage to the gold diggers, maybe I'm miss reading what you are saying (not my native language, sorry in advance)

I would pay to have a world with the settings of alpha (gold speaking), and without events, just higher speed then this one (i take around 72h, at least, to "remake" a full city army xiiii that's to longggg).

Nothing against people that abuse gold, its in the rules to use it so... (I'm guilty sometimes as well)

@timothy dewey About that even discussion is odd. As I remember Grepolis gained award of game of the year in 2012 and never afterwards, so it explains everything by itself. It definitely was way much better in the past than now, when game can be radically changed by all these tools, gold tradings, so frequent events and so on.

Amen, never forget where this game was created... If you know what I mean.