Can We Scrap This End Game Now?

DeletedUser41523

So outside of getting an extra 50 favor and getting to mass mail Adele to OWS and OSG as a joke...this end game isn't good (it sucks) and is still pretty easy to abuse even with the new "fixes".

For those that don't know, we were constantly favor farming our allies while they shipped resources to us and crown sharing is still available. So the "fixes" really just end up being easy to get around and more of an inconvenience for finishing the wonders than a fix that makes the wonders competitive. All it did was make us wait longer for the results and changed no dynamic to the game.

Can we all just admit this end game idea was a good idea when there was more than a few relevant alliances in a world and no player caps were on a world but is terrible in practice as the conditions that made this a good idea faded away thus resulting in a bad end game?

This is easily a top 2 problem in Grepolis. Can we just scrap this end game, return to there being no end game, and not try to implement an end game until one is properly beta tested? I'd honestly rather return to the original premise of Grep until a proper end game is built.

DeletedUser41523

Oh and i'd be willing to give up the 50 favor and crown for this to happen to.

partizanpfc

Chiliarch
Well first time I can agree with u kitten, I am not too experienced player, played grepo while ago, and made comeback recently in lato ( just 10-15 days ) and nagidos ( short time, I got sick of no fights there and quit ) and olous ( played this world till end ) and first time saw WW era and hows that going... so I can say, with end of the game like this all fights seems kinda pointless ? since everyone going to hug at the end... I m not saying that for Olous, that happened in nagidos as well, and I guess that already happened many times before in other worlds... and why people hug, reason is simple, sharing crown... I mean sharing crown wtf???

Maybe to prolong time needed for WW era, from 6 months to 1 year ? so we will have much more fights before WW era comes and kill the game... since time for WW will be longer, that also can help to newbies or other players to join few weeks or even months after world started and to play normally ? now if u dont join in first 7 days of world start you are too late... also to cut 250 m pts requirement for WW era, its not needed...

Also I would like to see more worlds with high alliance cap, grepolis before was game with big alliances, now most new worlds are small caps... and I guess small cap is one of the reasons why alliances hug and have 6 sisters and academys, which is kinda annoying... one big ally would be much more fun...

also more worlds with decent unit speed and slower world speed should help for more fights...

Grepo is war game... I fall in love with grepo as war game, but lately I see everything, just not fights... I feel like grepo became game for people who play it for years to rim newbies and eat internals, hug for win and get a crown... new world repeat the same... like doing a homework... all fun is kinda killed...

long story short, cut sharing crown thing, prolong time needed for WW era, and give us more worlds with settings that going to force people to fight and not to hug...

DeletedUser41523

To be honest this game is pretty different from when I started. And I find a lot of issues they have like the end game and noobs protection weren't exactly issues prior to them tampering with their own product.

I think the original premise of the game works best. Which was either create an alliance or help build an alliance that turns into an empire. There was probably more pacting, but at least it made some sense since it was like dealing with another nation. It was easy to get immersed in it all. There wasn't an end game. So people weren't backstabbing people to get crowns...instead they usually backstabbed people in more realistic and understandable ways. Like the #1 team pacted the #3 team and the #3 team wanted to move up. Maybe a team was forcibly absorbed and revolted against their new alliance when the opportunity came. This is where the fun in the game came from. Especially if you were a leader.

A two speed moved much slower and I mean MUCH slower in the start up. A lot of people learned that the hard way on the classic world when they realized the farming speed for troop farming was significantly slower. Now I get it, that sounds like it sucks, but hear me out. It took a lot longer to reach conq. I mean at least 2.5 weeks instead of 3-7 days on your standard speed 2 world. This is a lot of time for people to learn the game and not get rimmed and rage quit. Which as we saw in old school servers, actually retained a lot of people as a result. So its a trade off, slower starting game before balancing out to normal in the midgame, but a lot more players to play with. Which makes for more alliances (even on high cap) that are legit players in the world politics.

DeletedUser54537

It is hard for a dev to create a new endgame, this is probably why they are reluctant to change.

A possible fix for WW would be ending crown sharing, to do so we just have to implement that once an alliance wins a crown they keep it, the team that originally won has it, players who join the alliance later do not benefit and take the crown.
You could also do so favour farming only happens if you get at least 50BP (like hercules), this would only exist during WW time).

DeletedUser41523

Right nobody has had a good idea about a new end game since it was promised 4 years ago. But rather than just string people along, make an announcement with the exact words: "Hey, we messed up, we're owning up to that, lets get rid of this end game altogether until we can find a good one rather than make you all suffer through something you've all hated for 6 years."

Crown sharing would help but it wouldn't be enough. The main problems I have with WW are that nobody wants to do something grindy. It completely throws off the war element and by the time its done and someone wins, nobody really cares enough to fight. I usually throw out all war records after WW since its just conquering popped founds and inactives. Nobody really takes interest after WW. And to top it off, the wonder buffs are terrible. The Lighthouse is so useless that ironically its a great strategy to build the Lighthouse because nobody wants it so its easy to take a lead with minimal management as you all probably are still aware of.

DeletedUser10295

The endgame is absolutely terrible. This WW BS has got to go. We had 150+ players waiting to get crowns and some A-hole sabotaged our team effort and deleted the alliance after the first round. Safeguards must be put in place by Inno to prevent this crap. Perhaps after WW phase starts alliances cannot be deleted? I dont know -but I was cheated out of my crown as were many. This endgame with WW is craptastic,

To the person who dissolved Quad:
Show yourself - Come to the forums, step out of the shadows and let us know who you are. It was someone with founders rights--its a short list.

You should be banned.

Coxwana

Phrourach
The endgame is absolutely terrible. This WW BS has got to go. We had 150+ players waiting to get crowns and some A-hole sabotaged our team effort and deleted the alliance after the first round. Safeguards must be put in place by Inno to prevent this crap. Perhaps after WW phase starts alliances cannot be deleted? I dont know -but I was cheated out of my crown as were many. This endgame with WW is craptastic,

Show yourself - Come to the forums, step out of the shadows and let us know who you are. It was someone with founders rights--its a short list.

You should be banned.

I agree. Truly despicable excuse for a human.

DeletedUser10295

I think Inno should get 200+ support tickets from all the players that were part of our effort and demand our money back.

DeletedUser53081

Forget it Guys the former founder was obviously a cheat - he needs to know he will not prosper. The most important thing is not to quite grep. We cannot let him get away with this!

DeletedUser41523

I keep seeing talk of other ideas and safe guards. I've yet to see a good idea on how to end things and honestly, Inno has yet to produce one. Remember when we got promised a new one four years ago?

Plain and simple: This sucks. Clearly there are no good ideas otherwise WW would have been replaced by now. Inno has been trying for four years without any results. So Inno should cut its losses. Delete this end game. Go back to the original premise. I'll gladly give up the 50 favor advantage and crown I have for it.

This end game didn't do anything than give us 50 favor and come full circle to give the entire world some laughs at each other's expense. The most exciting part about the end game has been people leaving the wonders and Quad getting disbanded. Nothing else has been fun about it and nobody feels any differently on other worlds. Lets keep it simple and get rid of it and admit end games are terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53503

You should be banned.

Look i'm not going to argue it's a sh*t situation for you guys, but most of your players have been giving OSG leaders A LOT of crap for not preparing properly and basically putting all blame on leaders so i think it is quite comical you guys are the ones with founders who disband. Karma is a weird thing huh. Don't get me wrong, sucks for you, but after all the insults our leaders have receiven I cannot help but feel some joy.

As you guys told us: shouldn't have put players you can't trust on important spots right??

DeletedUser54192

I think Inno should get 200+ support tickets from all the players that were part of our effort and demand our money back.
As annoying and upsetting for you as this may be, there are a couple of points I'd like to make:
- While the design of the WW stage is Inno's fault, they did not choose to dissolve Quad. It is not directly their fault - it is the fault of whoever dissolved Quad (presumably horsevong, as he was a leader, and has now ghosted).
- I seem to remember all the Quadripartite players saying it was the fault of OSG/OWS that we lost our world wonders to the actions of players with no morals. OSG and OWS players undoubtedly put lots of effort into this game, and I am sure some spent money on it, and our gameplay was ruined by Lolislayer, Hunab Ku, and whichever Quadripartite players/leaders were involved in inviting them to your team. Yet when we complained about these events here and on Skype, you all laughed at us and said it was our fault rather than the fault of the defectors and those who invited them.

I do agree that it was a despicable action by the player that dissolved Quad, but you cannot play it both ways, by laughing and blaming us when our gameplay is ruined by a lack of morality from players, and then blame Innogames when your team gets screwed by a similarly immoral player.

I do wish that Inno would just scrap WWs until it can come up with a more suitable end-game. It's probably the driving factor behind most of the major backstabbings and coalition-formings on any server.

DeletedUser54537

I keep seeing talk of other ideas and safe guards. I've yet to see a good idea on how to end things and honestly, Inno has yet to produce one. Remember when we got promised a new one four years ago?

Plain and simple: This sucks. Clearly there are no good ideas otherwise WW would have been replaced by now. Inno has been trying for four years without any results. So Inno should cut its losses. Delete this end game. Go back to the original premise. I'll gladly give up the 50 favor advantage and crown I have for it.

This end game didn't do anything than give us 50 favor and come full circle to give the entire world some laughs at each other's expense. The most exciting part about the end game has been people leaving the wonders and Quad getting disbanded. Nothing else has been fun about it and nobody feels any differently on other worlds. Lets keep it simple and get rid of it and admit end games are terrible.

I had an idea about Labors of Hercules, please give feedback

DeletedUser20914

i like how quad didnt see that coming

i have been warning them and everyone, and yet my plans still worked

who have the last laugh now winners ?!

muhahahahahahahahahahahaha,

DeletedUser54871

Well at least some of us took the crown....where is yours Ghost the Great? HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahHhaahahahahahaHhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

DeletedUser20914

i took the corwn when u was a toddler

lol, and i messed all your hard work

so i win

DeletedUser54871

You won , yes....white sheet to be a real ghost......weak boy...

DeletedUser20914

look what i made to your alliance while i am a ghost

still think i am weak? lol

i won on another level, obviously noobs like u cant apprehend, and isnt warchuck a warghost now as well ?

looool