Inactive Topic chat notification

DeletedUser

well hello! this is another of my ideas.

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

my idea is that there be a small icon next to the chat link on the left, letting you know if there is anyone on chat.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'

yes

Reason:

the idea to have the chat window pop up seems to be going nowhere so an indicatior will work great.:)

Details:

pretty much covered in proposal.

Visual Aids:
none.

Balance:

not much of a problem, just add in an indicatior.

Abuse Prevention:

not possible

Summary:

it will promote use of the chat feature.

DeletedUser18132

Why don't you just go into chat to see if anyone is there?

DeletedUser18132

We have to log in? :heh: But fine, I could do with this one.

DeletedUser

well, no-one so far has said no, so look like this will go well!

DeletedUser

I've recently posted a bug report on the chat timestamps, and the lack of a notification does seem to be another flaw.

Once you are "logged in" or active in the chat, then there is a notification that new text has been posted. The problem here is, that any actions that open another window, or change map location, closes your chat session, which means you no longer receive notifications. Others see "player has left the chat".

I believe the lack of a notifier following the same system as other activity, is indeed a bug. I fully support this proposal if it's not.

DeletedUser

i dont see a problem with this . . . but if u ask me the entire chat system needs an upgrade :p

moved to minor

DeletedUser

Its a good idea, Am fed up of people sending me a PM to tell me to come on chat.

I agree with phoenixavier they need to have a serious look at how to improve the chat.

I would also like to see an option for chat be shared with pact alliances, another way of cutting down on the number of PM's and waiting time for replys

DeletedUser

I think this is a good idea. But if you go with the Resizable Chat idea-you won't need it. Just enter the chat, resize it and move it over under your troops listing on the right hand side. I agree about the chat system needing a complete overhaul. We had an open chat at Evony and it worked well as people really got to know each other and it seemed to create an atmosphere of loyalty to the Alliance - which seems to be missing in Grepolis. People jump around from one Alliance to another and seem to have no loyalty to any of them.

DeletedUser

Current chat system isn't very good and isn't used very much so it should be completely changed however inno are probably very busy so that wont happen :p I like you idea (Y)

DeletedUser

Agreed. Chat would be used much more if there was a notification that someone was in it.

DeletedUser

chat should be constant fixed area on the screen with alliance and world channel options. IMO, a major improvement to the game.

DeletedUser

would it be a good idea if when you can accept who you wanted to chat with from the begin of the world when you first start. Like island chat to see if you can start all on one island and expand from there

DeletedUser

this would be pointless in my alliance.no one ever uses chat.Other than that,good idea.

DeletedUser19043

I agree.
I always used to go on chat and talk for hours but now I don't as there's no-one on but that's only cause I don't know if anyone's on.

DeletedUser

I like to use the chat channel it is far quicker than sending PM's. But.... there is to my mind a serious flaw that puts people off using it.

That flaw is the delete history button. If the chat is busy the darned button for deleting history disappears off the bottom of the chat panal to easily. Scrolling down with your curser to try and click it is a right pain in the rear. You scroll down and before you can move your mouse across those 3 inches to where the delete history button is it disappears off the bottom of the panal.

So you end up spending like several minutes trying to delete the history repeating the scroll down and trying to catch the darned button before it disappears again and again and again.

Could the source coders for the game not place this delete history button in a more accessable perminant place like at the top bar instead ?

Also I would really like to see other suggestions placed here by other people and make the panal expandable or at least twice the its current size.

Az