Christian Soldiers

DeletedUser

I an looking for 30 good men or women for an alliance that honors Jesus Christ. That's all. How you honor Christ is between you and God. I will not judge you personally, but will make decisions that are best for the alliance- as, I think, would be expected. I do not care if you are Pentecostal, Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox or other. I do not care what your race or gender is- I myself am about 40% (37.5, or 3/16) Jewish (and I worship a Jewish carpenter). I want us to be a good example to each other and other Grepolis players. Our friends and allies can expect fairness and justice. Our pacts (10 pact limit) can expect loyalty- though we will still put the alliance first. I will also look for players to grow their cities in an aggressive manor. We will not be wimpy, as Jesus was no wimp. He was a carpenter by trade who sat down, braided a cord of whips, and then knocked over, as scholars say, over a mile worth of tables belonging to the crooked merchants and moneychangers and said "God's house should be a place of prayer, not a den of thieves". He was not afraid to call select people foxes, hypocrites, birds of prey or broods of vipers. Besides, practically speaking this is a WAR GAME, and it's only a game, so it's not personal. If the results of strong competition makes someone angry then that, to me, is what the Bible calls "taking offense". Tell me you are a Jesus freak, and you're in!

FYI- "Zeus" is another word for "Deus", or "God", and he is part of the Sky Father Tradition- where the head of mythic pantheons are seen by some scholars as having similarities to God.
Athena is is the "power" of wisdom- we will pretend (for that's what this game is, anyway, pretending) she is the Lady Wisdom in Proverbs.
Hades is actually a word used in the Bible for a place that the dead go- We will pretend that God has put Hades, the place, into your profile.
Poseidon- We will pretend that big P is the Leviathan of Job that God tamed, and now serves Him.
Hera- Zeus' or God's wife? If you believe God has a wife, as some do, go for it! We are not going to have theological debates. We are going to have fun- joy is the strength of the LORD.

Honestly, the most important part of this alliance will be to develop Godly relationships, fellowship and companionship. So, yes, we will pray for each other and help with personal struggles, which we all have, if desired. We will also love each other as brothers and sisters of Christ. Let's go, you priests and priestesses of Melchizedek!

DeletedUser17088

you might want to look for 29, as 30 would make the members too big for the alliance cap ;)

Good luck with your alliance! nothing wrong with faith!

DeletedUser

I was joking about the satanist thing, but I believe there is a rule against names with religious connotations?

DeletedUser

Yeah, you can join if you're a satanist, just respect the rights of others who probably have opposing viewpoints, and I also believe that people have the right to stand up for what they believe in (whether satanist or Christian). I'm not going to pick and choose and judge, for instance, if you are a good enough Christian, or whatever. God allows differences and choice- even if we think they are bad choices. (At least satanists believe in God- sort of.)

Is it just the name that can't have religious connotations? Besides, what does Christian mean anymore? The root word of "Christian" (and Christmas) is "Christ", but people will say that they are "Christian" if they simply believe in God, or belong to some mostly Christian nation. Some will simply say they are Christian, they guess, as opposed to Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or some other. I guess we can't have any religious connotations because that MIGHT offend someone? (This is what the Bible calls "taking offense" when no offense is intended.) Are people really that sensitive? Still, in 2011? I mean we are a mostly white nation with a black president for crying out loud! Doesn't anything ever change? People MIGHT be offended by any viewpoint, whatsoever- due to eccentricities or idiosyncrasies. (Eggs are not round, they are oval, you dolt! Your lack of intelligence offends me!) Are we disallowed, then, from expressing any kind of conjecture at all? Are we not also worried about offending "religious" people (including Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, spiritists/animists, pagans, druids, wycca, others and, yes, satanists), or do they count for less? I feel a little offended if that's true. I mean, there are those (probably a minority) that disagree with my faith enough to actually take offense, but that does mean I'm bad or evil? I admit, there is a (infintesimal LOL) chance that I am wrong, but I sincerely believe in my faith and sincerely believe that what I am doing is right and good for most who I come in contact with. But yet, it's not good enough for public exposure and discussion? (I would HOPE we would be able to discuss anything civilly, and if we can't is it really my personal problem that the common word "Christian" offends someone?) I honestly think that it is a violation of free speech, and the right to worship as we please, even in public (or are we going to burn down churches because they, and their steeples, can be seen in public?). It's not like I'm yelling "fire" in a theater or something. Besides, putting the information out there allows people to make informed choices. Isn't that a good thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah, you can join if you're a satanist, just respect the rights of others who probably have opposing viewpoints, and I also believe that people have the right to stand up for what they believe in (whether satanist or Christian). I'm not going to pick and choose and judge, for instance, if you are a good enough Christian, or whatever. God allows differences and choice- even if we think they are bad choices. (At least satanists believe in God- sort of.)

Is it just the name that can't have religious connotations? Besides, what does Christian mean anymore? The root word of "Christian" (and Christmas) is "Christ", but people will say that they are "Christian" if they simply believe in God, or belong to some mostly Christian nation. Some will simply say they are Christian, they guess, as opposed to Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or some other. I guess we can't have any religious connotations because that MIGHT offend someone? (This is what the Bible calls "taking offense" when no offense is intended.) Are people really that sensitive? Still, in 2011? I mean we are a mostly white nation with a black president for crying out loud! Doesn't anything ever change? People MIGHT be offended by any viewpoint, whatsoever- due to eccentricities or idiosyncrasies. (Eggs are not round, they are oval, you dolt! Your lack of intelligence offends me!) Are we disallowed, then, from expressing any kind of conjecture at all? Are we not also worried about offending "religious" people (including Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, spiritists/animists, pagans, druids, wycca, others and, yes, satanists), or do they count for less? I feel a little offended if that's true. I mean, there are those (probably a minority) that disagree with my faith enough to actually take offense, but that does mean I'm bad or evil? I admit, there is a (infintesimal LOL) chance that I am wrong, but I sincerely believe in my faith and sincerely believe that what I am doing is right and good for most who I come in contact with. But yet, it's not good enough for public exposure and discussion? (I would HOPE we would be able to discuss anything civilly, and if we can't is it really my personal problem that the common word "Christian" offends someone?) I honestly think that is a violation of free speech, and the right to worship as we please, even in public. It's not like I'm yelling "fire" in a theater or something. Besides, putting the information out there allows people to make informed choices. Isn't that a good thing?

I am not personally offended, but I just thought it was on of the rules. You are an intelligent person, but this is not a place to preach the gospel. The sick thing about today is the bias within our country. The other day, at a talent show in school, a girl chose to preach the gospel as a talent. Everyone clapped and cheered, though it was a public forum. The question is, would they have the same reaction to a girl who preached the Torah, or any other holy text. I just believe that an alliance in a videogame that only allows people with religious beliefs, whether monotheistic, polytheistic, or whatever there maybe, is thoroughly innapropriate.

DeletedUser4013

There is nothing in the Forum or Game rules which prohibits an alliance based upon a religious belief. To be a Christian in the broadest sense of the word is to respect others and treat them as you would want to be treated. As long as nothing extreme is posted in this thread, it can continue. But let's keep this on topic and about the recruitment of players for this alliance.

DeletedUser5061

Tyrion is right and good luck with the alliance.

What I am curious if I were to join this alliance, would I be allowed to worship Hera and Zeus in my cities?

Off-Topic: if so how does jesus feel about things like that and are the greek gods acknowledged in the bible I know moses is.

expand my knowledge really

DeletedUser19569

as far as I know the greek gods are not acknowledged in the Bible..they are mentioned as pagan gods...etc..

@dnitch
i am a christian and might join..have to see i am on many other worlds..you should come up with another name though..
examples Sons of Thunder..John was called the Son of Thunder
Chariots of Fire
a good original one..Genesis..The Beginning..
Brotherhood of Christ...idk just some ideas..=)

DeletedUser

Tyrion is right and good luck with the alliance.

What I am curious if I were to join this alliance, would I be allowed to worship Hera and Zeus in my cities?

Off-Topic: if so how does jesus feel about things like that and are the greek gods acknowledged in the bible I know moses is.

expand my knowledge really

This is what I said in my original post;
"FYI- "Zeus" is another word for "Deus", or "God", and he is part of the Sky Father Tradition- where the head of mythic pantheons are seen by some scholars as having similarities to God.
Athena is is the "power" of wisdom- we will pretend (for that's what this game is, anyway, pretending) she is the Lady Wisdom in Proverbs.
Hades is actually a word used in the Bible for a place that the dead go- We will pretend that God has put Hades, the place, into your profile.
Poseidon- We will pretend that big P is the Leviathan of Job that God tamed, and now serves Him.
Hera- Zeus' or God's wife? If you believe God has a wife, as some do, go for it! We are not going to have theological debates. We are going to have fun- joy is the strength of the LORD."

So, since Zeus is the Greek work for God, yes he is technically in the Bible. Hades is mentioned in the Bible, and I always thought it interesting that that particular word for a place of death was used. Athena's profile of wisdom is definitely personified in Proverbs 6-8 in the Bible, perhaps as a compare and contrast to Egypt's version of her- Neith. However, I never actually claimed that they are in the Bible. The Bible says that we need to live in the World, but not be part of it. I certainly think we can play in Psi World not be of this imaginary world.

The most clear thing the Bible says is not to worship these "gods". As far as that goes I doubt that ANY Grepolis players have ever actually worshiped one of these, oh... I don't know.... picture of Zeus (or other "god") or the generic statue in front of the temple (which DOES strongly resemble the Temple to God in the "acropolis", or Temple Mount, in Jerusalem), although, I guess, there could always be an exception or two...

DeletedUser

You dont want my oppinion on such religious or political matters =P Im am a punk- obviously,(also enjoy blues btw) Im a lil out of the punk ordinary in some ways, i pride myself on being educated on these matters, i could give you my oppinions but they would most likely be offensive =P

DeletedUser

Atheist =P

"My life aint part of a book, becuase im holding the pen"

I know, you're right, YOU (and just who ARE you, by the way- seems a bit presumptuous) hold the pen. Are you "writing" down your own personal belief system as you go? As people have said to me when I graciously share the Gospel (free advice, bro!), "I don't want to follow YOUR religion". But it's not- the newest parts of the Bible are 2,000 years old. I have nothing to do with that! (I'm only 42!) However, in your case, since you hold the pen, it IS your religion, or belief system, or philosophy, or mojo, or whatever it's called these days. Have you been to the bottom of the ocean, center of the Earth, the planet Jupiter, the Sun, the next solar system over, the center of the galaxy, any of the hundreds of galaxies- you know, anywhere God might be, that you can base your life as if He definitively does not exist? Or is this just something you, personally, "penned"?

And then, you go further and "pen" that I am worthy of some kind of vague mockery, because, apparently, what you "pen" is so superior to my faith of billions of people over thousands of years. Even now 2 out of 5 people in this 7 billion person world identify themselves as Christian- and scholars say about 25 billion people have been born on this planet. Are we several billions wrong and worthy of mockery because you "pen" it?

DeletedUser

So your saying that since he is atheist...he is mocking you?

No, he's saying I'm confined by a "Book", but he's not because he has a "pen". It's not that he is an atheist, it's what he said. I thought that was obvious. Can we please have a intelligent conversation instead of a game of "gotcha"?

DeletedUser

I am not personally offended, but I just thought it was on of the rules. You are an intelligent person, but this is not a place to preach the gospel. The sick thing about today is the bias within our country. The other day, at a talent show in school, a girl chose to preach the gospel as a talent. Everyone clapped and cheered, though it was a public forum. The question is, would they have the same reaction to a girl who preached the Torah, or any other holy text. I just believe that an alliance in a videogame that only allows people with religious beliefs, whether monotheistic, polytheistic, or whatever there maybe, is thoroughly innapropriate.

Dude, I live in America. It is a d-e-m-o-c-r-a-c-y. Seriously, what's wrong with preaching the Gospel? Tell me I can't preach, as a personal choice, mind you, I will call you a fascist trying to control my speech unconstitutionally.

Oh, and as I've said, nobody's being excluded- even YOU can join, but your panties are probably too worked up in a wad for that!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

^^ double post ?

hahaha oh dai

and DNitch why is it that wen i read ur posts i get this sour flashback of paladinknight? lol

but good luck on ur alliance :D lets see whose lasts longer :p Christian Soldiers or my Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Elite Spartan Wolf Squadron

DeletedUser4013

Guys...as I said in my earlier post there is nothing wrong with the basis of this alliance, however, the recent posts have gone way off-topic and walked the fine line between debating G-d vs Science and flaming. Keep this thread about member recruitment, and leave your gripes about religion at the door.

DNitch, try to keep from espousing the Gospel. Not everyone appreciates proselytization. Also, keep from being baited into those debates.

Oliaxel, put an end to your baiting. We know you're not joining this alliance as you're joining Fo Shizzle, so just leave this thread alone.