Passed City profiles

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • No.

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael II

Phrourach
Tyroncs - that would be great if you see a city pass thru many players hands. It would be great if they added a date/events to it as well so you see the time span of the city involved. It would be good if you could see the alliances too.

Something like -

Athens
founded by Alfred / Ye Owd Kingdom / 23rd March 2010
Conquered by Bobby / Greek Clan / 9th june 2010
Conquered by Charlie / The Slingers Union / 12th Oct 2010
Regained by Bobby / Greek Clan / 5th dec 2010
Conquered by Charlie / The Slingers Union / 21st Jan 2011

You could even throw in a few more additions like - sacked, farmed or whatever you want. I think it will add to the charm as you put it. Nice idea in first place. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would like this idea more if the profile passed hands to each new owner of the city, displaying conquer stats and alliance changes of the city. And there could be a customizable part like you mentioned, by the owner.

Rael II

Phrourach
I agree bianh. Though the victors can't erase the previous entries and it should automatically say conquerer/alliance/date.

DeletedUser

Okay,here are the pics:

1.Imagine Cair Paravel as one of your towns,and he's not the main one.
This is how the town profile button could look like:

tpbutton.png

So,above the town name you see a button that says TP(town profile)

By opening it,you'll get the normal editing window(profile for that town).

Now,the button "return to main profile"is located in every profile your towns have.This button returns you to a players main town and its profile.:)

retru.png

I think I have it all now.:D
Hope these pics arent too big.If anything is still murky,please post questions here.

DeletedUser

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but it would be a very unused feature. I would say that 10% of all towns actually have a profile, and that percentage might be generous.

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but it would be a very unused feature. I would say that 10% of all towns actually have a profile, and that percentage might be generous.

I would say more... atleast 60% of those that knew it existed (so excluding 175 point inactives)

DeletedUser

You're right.But its not something complicated to go with,and I believe there would be those who would use it.:)
Its not something that has to be used,its just a small thing.:)

DeletedUser13489

yea i like this idea and i wanted do do something whit my cities like make storyes about them

DeletedUser

This is an interesting idea. My only concern is how many players would have any interest in actually bothering to use this feature and whether it's worthwhile to implement. Nevertheless, idea moved to development.

DeletedUser

Sorry to necro this topic, but have to say I love the idea of city profiles.

+1 for this idea

DeletedUser

like it, like it, like it. great idea. not to hard to program.

DeletedUser

I like it can create history and even if not everyone is going to use it why restrict those that do

Status
Not open for further replies.