Passed Claim Flag

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Maybe even have the same popup as the "Are you sure you want to attack your alliance partner?" message, but instead "Are you sure you want to attack this claimed city?"

But...babysteps! I'd be happy with anything pertaining to this idea!

DeletedUser

1. There should be a cap on the number of claims that a player can have at once. For larger players, the cap should be more of course. I can see how the simplicity of this claiming system can be abused by 3-city players who think that they rule the ocean...

That depends, there have been times in a game where I've been 150-200k and had 15-20 extra slots, whether it be due to transferring internals or capturing enemy cities and passing it on to allies. Giving away cities on wonder islands can also have this effect. If there is to be a cap, have it so that the alliance leaders set the limit based on members activity, skill, and how co-operative they are.

Your other point I agree with, and it is worth adding to the OP, in my opinion.

DeletedUser

yes from me :) it would be nice if the founders/leaders could adjust the claim time duration. some alliances for example have a 72-hour claim limit, in some other places it is 5 days.

also, this would need to include pact claims. but make it an option, since I know some alliances sometimes pact just to avoid going into each other's ocean, not always to work together.

DeletedUser

1. There should be a cap on the number of claims that a player can have at once. For larger players, the cap should be more of course. I can see how the simplicity of this claiming system can be abused by 3-city players who think that they rule the ocean...
Can make a cap depending on how many cities the player has. Similar to the 2.0 farming system, where you can only conquer more farming villages if you have enough troops.
Like say for example if you have 5 cities you can only claim 2 cities within 5 days, or whatever time period.

DeletedUser

This idea is now up for a vote. The poll will be open for 2 weeks. This poll will close on June 20th. It is also a public poll.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

First voter! *dances*

A yes from me...How did I not see this idea when it was made?

Anyway...Great job...you are receiving rep ...ummm, now.

DeletedUser

I am so negative today. sorry but I just think this helps folks out that lack the ability to organise properly. a well run alliance doesn't need this. the kind of alliance that does might get some marginal benefit from it. also, I think it might damage internal forum comms as claims are a popular topic.

DeletedUser

I am so negative today. sorry but I just think this helps folks out that lack the ability to organise properly. a well run alliance doesn't need this. the kind of alliance that does might get some marginal benefit from it. also, I think it might damage internal forum comms as claims are a popular topic.

Well it DOES help people who lack the ability to organize, thats part of its purpose. If you weren't good at organizing wouldn't you want this?

DeletedUser

well, you would need some way for the leaders of you alliance to authorize the claim, and an expiration date on the claim, and you would also need the ability to instantly claim. Maybe, you have to have within 5 CP of the CL needed to conquer the cities that you claimed? There are a lot of things that need to be explained before this idea can be implemented.

DeletedUser

On the contrary, this will give the more organized alliances a simpler means of managing claims to avoid potential clashes, even the statistically random ones that happen every blue moon.

well, you would need some way for the leaders of you alliance to authorize the claim, and an expiration date on the claim, and you would also need the ability to instantly claim. Maybe, you have to have within 5 CP of the CL needed to conquer the cities that you claimed? There are a lot of things that need to be explained before this idea can be implemented.

That is true, you would need a leader giving the thumbs up for it, but an expiration date can be set based on other circumstances, or the reliability and qualities of a player as well. People who lack CP who try to make claims now tend to get on my bad side, this idea wont necessarily have an effect either way on this problem.

DeletedUser

this idea has passed and will be sent to the devs :)

sorry for the delay :p

Status
Not open for further replies.