Cutting units building times..

DeletedUser

So I started playing in PSI and recruiting slings to conquer some farms I see that their production time can now be cut in half with gold just like buildings..

This will be a nice advantage for attackers to use since they will be able to recruit more units in shorter time and send along with the CS to insure you clear the city the second time after the 12 hour period is over and the faster your able to send the CS the less time the enemy has to stock support...

Although if your a defender and don't use Premium you will be in the disadvantage since you will not be able to build up your defenses as fast as your aggressor builds back his offense and will have it harder to fend off the CS attack...

The same if your a defender that uses premy and faces an attacker that doesn't you will be able to have defenses ready faster than he will have his offense back up knocking at your door once more...

I can't wait to see if it is the same for naval units as CS's take forever to build even with spells like call of the ocean a couple clicks and you can have a CS in 30 minutes..

What do you guys think? Do you plan on using it to have troops faster?

DeletedUser

From some reason I cannot get free gold anymore, so I am not going to do that for a while.

DeletedUser

From some reason I cannot get free gold anymore, so I am not going to do that for a while.

Then hope once the conquest days start you don't face a good attacker with premium to spare on cutting down recruiting times..

Aicy

Strategos
It is extremely beneficial and I dislike it because personally I think it is too beneficial.

DeletedUser

It is extremely beneficial and I dislike it because personally I think it is too beneficial.

Exactly players that do not use premy will be at a disadvantage, I use premy so I am not complaining just giving the forums something to talk about :p

DeletedUser

I won't use it as it's too expensive for units that you will lose.
I used it for my CSs,

Aicy

Strategos
Exactly players that do not use premy will be at a disadvantage, I use premy so I am not complaining just giving the forums something to talk about :p

I use it too and am starting to feel like I'm cheating by doing so.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos

Hey, didn't Dai have the same reason and that's why he doesn't want to join any new worlds?

@Skully - Use call of the ocean, it's cheaper :D

DeletedUser5

The entire gold system is too beneficial :D

You're basing this compared to Tribalwars, I'm sure. The concept of premium is very different between the two games.

I've used this argument before, about this topic... Premium is there to give people an advantage, if they didn't gain an advantage, they wouldn't use it. Cutting unit times doesn't mean that you can cut the time down infinitely, it is down to a certain percentage of the original time. Now, it doesn't allow you to create nukes more quickly, if you don't have the resources available to do so, so it's really only as efficient as you a player are.

DeletedUser

The problem is though, that Innogames owes me 400 gold that i have not recieved...

DeletedUser

You're basing this compared to Tribalwars, I'm sure. The concept of premium is very different between the two games.

I've used this argument before, about this topic... Premium is there to give people an advantage, if they didn't gain an advantage, they wouldn't use it. Cutting unit times doesn't mean that you can cut the time down infinitely, it is down to a certain percentage of the original time. Now, it doesn't allow you to create nukes more quickly, if you don't have the resources available to do so, so it's really only as efficient as you a player are.

TBH that makes no sense whatsoever...and it has nothing to do with TW or any other browser game :D

*Hypothetically* I have 10k of each resource and queue 300 swords, it takes me 10 hours...my neighbor has 10k each resource, queues 300 swords but uses gold to cut the time down to 5 hours...what does that have to do with being an efficient player? My point still stands though, the entire gold system is too beneficial and gives too great of an advantage. More props to you though, you work here (and attempt to justify the games faults) and promote Grepo!! (highfive)

DeletedUser

TBH that makes no sense whatsoever...and it has nothing to do with TW or any other browser game :D

*Hypothetically* I have 10k of each resource and queue 300 swords, it takes me 10 hours...my neighbor has 10k each resource, queues 300 swords but uses gold to cut the time down to 5 hours...what does that have to do with being an efficient player? My point still stands though, the entire gold system is too beneficial and gives too great of an advantage. More props to you though, you work here (and attempt to justify the games faults) and promote Grepo!! (highfive)

JP is right here. It shows no skill whatsoever as a player. Dosen't show how efficient the player is either. It just means the more of a daddys boy/girl you are or the better job you have, the better you can fair at the game. It's meant to be a free game, and yeah premium is there to give advantages, such as easier account access/navigation, easier links to troop builds/times etc. I've seen premium on a lot of games, other than TW. And it's purpose is not to change the style and tactics of the game. It's only design and purpose is to make a players life easier without effecting gameplay.

I don't believe in the pay to play system and never will. It's wrong for a so called free browser game. I'm not flaming you what-so-ever Ac04, you're just doing your job. This is a free thread and i'd like to back-up my friend and make my thoughts known :)

DeletedUser

one thing i have always liked about grepolis is the fact that it is the only browser game where you cant buy your way to the top unlike most games that are similar but the 2.0 makes it so you can pretty much buy your way to the top which i dont like even though i use premiums