Cutting units building times..

Aicy

Strategos
one thing i have always liked about grepolis is the fact that it is the only browser game where you cant buy your way to the top unlike most games that are similar but the 2.0 makes it so you can pretty much buy your way to the top which i dont like even though i use premiums

Play some other browser games. ;)

DeletedUser14385

Play some other browser games. ;)

ive tried many...mostly for a few weeks even though i hated them, just to give them a "fair chance", until i discovered grep anyway

Ac04 said:
I've used this argument before, about this topic... Premium is there to give people an advantage, if they didn't gain an advantage, they wouldn't use it. Cutting unit times doesn't mean that you can cut the time down infinitely, it is down to a certain percentage of the original time. Now, it doesn't allow you to create nukes more quickly, if you don't have the resources available to do so, so it's really only as efficient as you a player are.

troops are what go out getting you resources so the recruitment reduction means more troops leading to more raids leading to more res leading to more troops....and so on, imo once the snowball effect kicks in then anyone not using this may aswell not bother :(

....i use premium and have no problem with parting with a bit of cash to play a game, theres more expensive ones out there by a long way but i do worry that this will take all the competition out of the game, and with it the fun

DeletedUser

one thing i have always liked about grepolis is the fact that it is the only browser game where you cant buy your way to the top unlike most games that are similar but the 2.0 makes it so you can pretty much buy your way to the top which i dont like even though i use premiums

It may seem that you can buy your way to the top but you really can't. Yes the premium cuts the build times but it doesn't give you any extra resources for it(Except for merchant). Using it gets you to the top quicker but you can get to the top without premium aswell.

When giving the game premium they have to make sure it keeps the game in balance whilst only giving small benifits to help with account management and things like that, otherwise grumpy kids who don't come first throw up a fuss and say it isn't fair the game is bias towards premium users which the game is not.

At the end of the day inno games give the premium features to make money and they need it to be apealing otherwise people arn't going to spend money on it. Every game I have played has premium features to benifit players and make the designers money and in some games I have been on before the premium is alot more in favour of the premium user whereas you can buy resources and pay to finish buildings and troops.

troops are what go out getting you resources so the recruitment reduction means more troops leading to more raids leading to more res leading to more troops....and so on, imo once the snowball effect kicks in then anyone not using this may aswell not bother :(

....i use premium and have no problem with parting with a bit of cash to play a game, theres more expensive ones out there by a long way but i do worry that this will take all the competition out of the game, and with it the fun

No troops don't get the resources in 2.0 they just conquer the farming villages which makes no difference because you still farm the same resources as everyone else I am guessing that is why it is only in 2.0 not anything below that.

Anyway if you think it is unfair that players with premium can do this there is a simple way around it, just use sponsor pay (as I do) Most of the offers are completely free and reward you for giving them some of your time.:pro:

-Durm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14385

It may seem that you can buy your way to the top but you really can't. Yes the premium cuts the build times but it doesn't give you any extra resources for it(Except for merchant). Using it gets you to the top quicker but you can get to the top without premium aswell.

When giving the game premium they have to make sure it keeps the game in balance whilst only giving small benifits to help with account management and things like that, otherwise grumpy kids who don't come first throw up a fuss and say it isn't fair the game is bias towards premium users which the game is not.

At the end of the day inno games give the premium features to make money and they need it to be apealing otherwise people arn't going to spend money on it. Every game I have played has premium features to benifit players and make the designers money and in some games I have been on before the premium is alot more in favour of the premium user whereas you can buy resources and pay to finish buildings and troops.

No troops don't get the resources in 2.0 they just conquer the farming villages which makes no difference because you still farm the same resources as everyone else I am guessing that is why it is only in 2.0 not anything below that.

Anyway if you think it is unfair that players with premium can do this there is a simple way around it, just use sponsor pay (as I do) Most of the offers are completely free and reward you for giving them some of your time.:pro:

-Durm.

silly rabbit :) they get res from raiding ppls cities, even ghost towns, with this ability you can empty every warehouse for miles around

DeletedUser

Look at me I do not use premium but still am able to get to the top! :D

DeletedUser

in BP ranks mean nothing. in tau i was #150 in BP and top 25 all the months after BP.

When conquest kicks in, 50% of the players will be rimmed. that's where you will rise based on skill.

DeletedUser

Who cares, I am not point wore and still can get to good position when other use gold to cut there building time!

DeletedUser

the devs know Premium is the only way you can stay at the top (don't bother fighting that fact look on any of the old worlds the top 5 or so in abp and points will have used gold) and they like it that way, because it means people need to buy gold to get up top and to stay so people buy gold to do that, meaning the get more money. meaning this game has met the point of the game

DeletedUser

the devs know Premium is the only way you can stay at the top (don't bother fighting that fact look on any of the old worlds the top 5 or so in abp and points will have used gold) and they like it that way, because it means people need to buy gold to get up top and to stay so people buy gold to do that, meaning the get more money. meaning this game has met the point of the game

I like challenge! =)
I know that I will not be at 1 place, that's to much even for me but
with good strategy and Alliance help you can win anyone!

DeletedUser

Where the heck did Age of Enlightenment come from with over 2000 points???