DAFT PT I Ben Hur....Like Sands Through the Hourglass saga

DeletedUser

Roll up, Roll up, come and see the latest side show attraction

PSh.JPG

Be amazed, as uNmEek attempt the death defying stunt of moralistic indignation. Gasp as they walk the fine line between integrity and hypocrisy. If you are squeemish, you may want to close your eyes

tennistennistennistennis.jpg

Let's review our story thus far

Once upon a time a pact of convenience was formed. Two great gargantuan alliances of the elite joined forces to rid Zeta of some annoyances

111852_fliegenklatsche_big.jpg

What was only known to the inner circle of both alliances was this....

DAFT and uNmEek had an unspoken rule that each of us would take out a side of the server and then battle each other...

Shocked.jpg

That's right folks I was shocked too.

Now this gets me to thinking..... Mmmmm, it would seem that the outward events to the eventuality of this war were contrived . That there was a high degree of play acting or mock indignation.

That war was inevitable is a forgone conclusion. So..... why not just come out and say "it's on" and let the war begin. One reason, and one reason only.......there would be no sand for the hourglass......there would be no Ben Hur

WHY WAR.....WHY NOW?

This is where the tale gets twisted.... where morality starts to morph. You see, many in DAFT believe the moral question goes back to uNmEek covertly planting internal spies in a fellow friendly alliance.

espionage.jpg

judas-ralph-reed-coins.jpg

HERE IS WHERE A PLAN STARTS TO TAKE SHAPE

Imagine if.....you know the war will start.......and knowing your popularity and integrity on this server has always been on nose, you try to sway opinion in your favour.

12174-Disgusted-Man-With-Clothespin-Over-His-Nose-Trying-To-Avoid-Breathing-In-A-Bad-Smell-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

We have the evidence previously posted in this forum
"As far as I know we never violated the pact and treaty about border between our lands...So if you are trying to find reason to justify why you had turn your back on your loyal friend DCS then don't..Maybe it is better to say that you just don't need us anymore as we served your purpose and now farewell trusted and loyal allies."

And this.....
"You guys encroached our border and stacked cities along our predetermined line, obviously that wasn't a breech, but if you saw what we saw, then you would have felt like it was a strategic move to position yourself against us. Something I didn't find altogether "friendly."

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT

This war was started on the pretext of this.....

[2:23:25 PM] lordshler: I think we need to tell UnMeek that their players in 35 are not safe regardless of pact... can't have those big shiny cities sitting in our heart
[2:23:41 PM] lordshler: those guys need to come up with a plan to vacate or get crushed
[2:25:12 PM] peter mcdermott: well the master plan is to kill them all ]
[2:26:04 PM] lordshler: anyone that is not flying our banner is a target as far as I am concerned
[2:27:07 PM] lordshler: frankly... we attack the players in 35 and what is UnMeek going to do about it? Complain

Which funnily enough sounds eerily similar to JJ's previous post about territory. This hypocrisy from UnMeek is further illustrated by this comment from one of the DAFT famed fighters.....

"Why was uNmEek recruiting players in what is supposed to be our ocean?"

THE REAL ISSUE HERE IS THAT ATTEMPTING TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE THROUGH ESPIONAGE IS A PRETTY LOW MORAL POINT FOR ANY ALLIANCE.......AND, FURTHER TO THE POINT, REFLECTS AN INHERENT UNDERCONFIDENCE IN BEING ABLE TO ACHIEVE VICTORY THOUGH HONOURABLE MEANS. AFTER ALL, WHY WOULD YOU NEED AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE YOUR FIGHTERS ARE A SUPERIOR FORCE AND VICTORY IS ASSURED?

afraid1.jpg

MORE WISDOM FROM DAFT LEADERSHIP......
"It is not lost upon any of us that this seems like a setup and was planned around the time we broke off the luv affair with BSP."

You talk of morality, and how low DAFT has stooped, painting a lovely pastel of the shining honour of uNmEek, and bleating about how DAFT cannot be trusted. To me it just smacks of hypocrisy.....

aria09031920090319014551.jpg

Your actions are quite clear..... we know you set us up. Your strategy is not too hard to work out

spy_vs_spy_1.jpg

divideandconquer.jpg

OH THE HUMANITY........OR SHOULD I SAY HYPOCRISY.......AFTER SOME OF THE ACTS UNMEEK HAS PULLED, I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE THE MORAL FIBRE TO QUESTION ANYTHING DAFT DOES......SHAME UNMEEK.......SHAME

Bankable%20Hypocrisy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's good I like it, maybe calm down on all the changes of colour and lettering it confuses me :p

In terms of content I disagree, but through reading yours and metalcore's PnPs people can make up their own minds.

On the issue of spying however, you may wish to send a memo around telling your members not to leak us information... Oh and please stop editing our conversations :p

DeletedUser

Thanks for the critique, I think colour tends to break it up a bit, I was aiming for the dramatic, in keeping with the title and all. Your review was done before my final edit, I didn't realise the font size was so small.

Of course, in both Pnp's we disagree with the content, but your review is fair and balanced.

Note to self..... put memo out to all members to stop leaking like sieves :p

Finally.....it seems editing and conversations is one of uNmEek's finer points..... and oh yeah, espionage, which is how this war started, and how PnP's about shame were created ;)

DeletedUser11468

Nice,

We let you out of the dungeon for 1 hour of yard time and you came up with this? I wonder if we lock you up longer, what other stuff you'll come up with.

Oh yeah, we don't feel you are insane enough Anduril. So we'll lock you up for 10 years and plaster your cell with naked photos of jj for 10 years to induce more insanety out of you.

DeletedUser

Much easier to read now I'm actually awake and the final edit is done, I look forward to the next part :D

So we'll lock you up for 10 years and plaster your cell with naked photos of jj for 10 years to induce more insanety out of you.

your bedroom by any chance? :p

DeletedUser

Nice,

We let you out of the dungeon for 1 hour of yard time and you came up with this? I wonder if we lock you up longer, what other stuff you'll come up with.

Oh yeah, we don't feel you are insane enough Anduril. So we'll lock you up for 10 years and plaster your cell with naked photos of jj for 10 years to induce more insanety out of you.

AMO, I protest, I am insane enough already, you must believe me. The room, I have no prob with, I enjoy extended periods of solitary confinement. After all, I'm anti social anyway, and thoroughly enjoy my own company.

The pics of JJ are not on. I will not be subjected to that. No one should be subjected to that. In fact, I believe that practice has been outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

In the spirit of negotiation and compromise, I would be willing to let you waterboard me. I believe that would be more humane and less traumatic.:pro:

DeletedUser11468

you can be excempt from it if you listen to Mad Rappa's music.

DeletedUser

Ok, but only on the grounds that it be used to make me more insane than I already am, we might as well put Mad's insane ditties to good use ;)

DeletedUser10962

Nice PnP +rep, I don't agree so much with the content but that's my opinion it's well constructed and I appreciate that.

Thought it was slightly heavy on pics not on info but thats my view, well worth a read I think :D

DeletedUser

Nice PnP +rep.

However, you say the they are immoral for having spies. What allaince doesn't ahve spies in other alliances gaining information on the enemy? Are we all immoral? It is a tactic used to gain the advantage over an opposing team. Do you claim yourself to also be immoral by your standards or do you choose not to gain any advantage over an enemy which is disproved by your writing of a PnP unless its purpose is to gabber on uselessly.

DeletedUser

Nice PnP +rep.

However, you say the they are immoral for having spies. What allaince doesn't ahve spies in other alliances gaining information on the enemy? Are we all immoral? It is a tactic used to gain the advantage over an opposing team. Do you claim yourself to also be immoral by your standards or do you choose not to gain any advantage over an enemy which is disproved by your writing of a PnP unless its purpose is to gabber on uselessly.

We weren't enemies then, we were actually allies... so is it okay to have a spy in an allies alliance? maybe you should read a bit clearer before you rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10984

We weren't enemies then, we were actually allies... so is it okay to have a spy in an allies alliance? maybe you should read a bit clearer before you rant.
I wouldn't approve of spies in a allied alliance but I have found it a normal practice. And it makes it so much easier for the person to spy as they are giving the info to a said "friendly" alliance.

DeletedUser

Nice PnP +rep.

The purpose of my pnp was a response to the DAFT shame pnp from metalcore. The point of it was that unmeek are just as immoral as everybody else, so therefore they are not really in a position to judge anyone else.

Spying on friends is immoral. I can't comment on whether DAFT is immoral or not, and nowhere in the pnp did I suggest we weren't.

Maybe the subtleties of the pnp were lost on you Inciatus, I guess it is not everyone has the ability to read between the lines. Thank you, come again.

DeletedUser

uNmEek are now your enemy. Even allied groups can be considered an enemy. The eventual goal is to take control of the world. In order to do so you must survive. Anything that isn't you is an enemy even if they appear as freinds.

Since you suggest that you are not immoral you therefore suggest that you don not have any spies in another alliance (read up whcih explains ally is enemy). From this you suggest that you do not employ tactics used to help win wars.

DeletedUser

uNmEek are now your enemy. Even allied groups can be considered an enemy. The eventual goal is to take control of the world. In order to do so you must survive. Anything that isn't you is an enemy even if they appear as freinds.

Since you suggest that you are not immoral you therefore suggest that you don not have any spies in another alliance (read up whcih explains ally is enemy). From this you suggest that you do not employ tactics used to help win wars.

No we (DAFT) do not have any spies placed in ANY alliance on the server. It seems that we are doing just fine! Sure having a spy in an enemy alliance MAY help you win a war, But it will not win the war for you.

By the way, just so you know this forum has an automatic spell checker.. I am thinking you should be using that a bit more.

DeletedUser

I didn't knwo there was a spell checker, and that answered my question.

I wish Epsilon Forums were this entertaining

DeletedUser

Mmmmm I think I might have to slow it down a bit, m a y b e if I type slower you will understand....... At no point have I said that DAFT is either moral, or immoral. DAFT was accused by uNmEek of being immoral, I merely pointed out that I believed uNmEek were immoral in their actions towards their allies at the time. All is fair in love and war, but we cannot have one side being the pot calling the kettle black.

Take some time out, go and meditate, play around with that concept, see if you can comprehend it and make it work for you. Thank you, come again.

DeletedUser

Why do you feel it immoral? I can only find because you were freinds at the time. What defines a friend. And isn't a freind an enemy in disguise?