Daizan Come Forth!

DeletedUser9465

Huge... for one, it wasn't possible there to gold up any troops. Less gold spammers and simmers in 1.20. And of course, there were no wonders in 1.20... just fight.

DeletedUser29152

so was it the best team at the end or a time period won? based on points?

DeletedUser9465

This was the main issue for 1.20.... there was no end scenario. That's why they came up with 2.0.

DeletedUser22650

i loved the empires rising and falling, and the sheer size of the earlier servers

DeletedUser29152

The end scenario of the alliance with the most points sounds the smartest...

DeletedUser

1.0 players fought on a more level playing field. Sure 2.0 players can cover their inexperience with mastercard and skew stats with so many ways to buy an advantage. Its like buying multiple queens in chess and saying "Im such an awesome player!" In reality, you're the idiot that spent $50 a month to play a free game :D

I remember Daizan from Bell. Pink Death added some color to the world, but fizzled out very quickly. His posts were entertaining and the forum died soon after he left as well.

DeletedUser14283

Floooooooo <3 :D

I miss old 1.20 days ;( I quit grepo after Xi changed into 2.0

Hey girl!!! <3

Long time no speak :( we need to catch up on skype at some point :)

SGT you covered that perfectly m'dear ;) The difference is 2.0 makes you open your wallet/purse more. If i remember correctly gold was premiums only, the rest was a waiting game. Now, players succeed by pushing a lot of cash into their accounts. So even if people say it evens the playing field I don't think it does. It just widens the gap between those who can afford it and those who can't... but I think that is a debate for a different thread :p

DeletedUser22650

treach dont mind what we debate in his thread, he re vanished anyway so i adopted his thread and i dont mind either, nice to have something being debated after all :D

DeletedUser25249

i loved the empires rising and falling, and the sheer size of the earlier servers

Indeed the size of servers were great back then, the top 1000 were all very active unlike today when you have 200 if lucky after the server has settled.

DeletedUser14283

Yeah really long time :( and sure I get u on skype :)

Brilliant :)

Also, I think it would be good for Inno to leave a world open long enough so that it actually gets filled. I remember having a city in O15 and O5. Now that is a full world for a fight, not only having oceans filled to say O35. That way worlds have more of a bang! :D

DeletedUser

I have come across some fantastic 1.0 players and some terrible 1.0 players. Same goes for 2.0 some really good players and some really bad ones. Honestly it doesn't matter imo which gen you started playing in, I have seen many 2.0 players handle "beast" from 1.0 with ease. IMO people who say old players are better are just being nostalgic and arrogant, many of the the top attackers now on a decent amount of servers didnt start playing until 2.0.

DeletedUser22650

I have come across some fantastic 1.0 players and some terrible 1.0 players. Same goes for 2.0 some really good players and some really bad ones. Honestly it doesn't matter imo which gen you started playing in, I have seen many 2.0 players handle "beast" from 1.0 with ease. IMO people who say old players are better are just being nostalgic and arrogant, many of the the top attackers now on a decent amount of servers didnt start playing until 2.0.

ye but my point is with troop cuts and free harpies (free for gold) those 2.0 players get no credit, just called gold abusers so i feel sorry for them as theres just no glory for them to earn, regardless of if they can play

DeletedUser

ye but my point is with troop cuts and free harpies (free for gold) those 2.0 players get no credit, just called gold abusers so i feel sorry for them as theres just no glory for them to earn, regardless of if they can play

yes because 1.0 players are so honourable, they never use gold or them retched harpies.

DeletedUser

yes because 1.0 players are so honourable, they never use gold or them retched harpies.
Obviously if they get the chance they do, so do you tyrone... So does everyone who uses gold. You can't grow at a effective rate without gold nowadays. Playing without it means you will be outplayed or you have no life and can afford to do it.
Compared to the good times where you couldn't gold down troops, you couldn't buy bp back then and staying at the top actually meant something about your skill not about how much you spend...