Daizan Come Forth!

DeletedUser

ye but my point is with troop cuts and free harpies (free for gold) those 2.0 players get no credit, just called gold abusers so i feel sorry for them as theres just no glory for them to earn, regardless of if they can play
Well that is just other players being arrogant, regardless of gold spending habits it still takes a good amount of skill to be a top attacker. Gold alone will not make a player a top attacker, it will help of course, but you still need skill. Now to be a top ranked player gold can be a bigger factor as you can sim and be the #1 player in points on a server. Just run city festivals and olympic games, but their bp will reflect that they are a simmer in that case.

DeletedUser34939

Well that is just other players being arrogant, regardless of gold spending habits it still takes a good amount of skill to be a top attacker.

I think we are way too loose with the word "skill." Grepolis only requires the proper application of a few very easily mastered techniques which 90% of the top 200-300 players on most servers posses. After that it's just a question of whether they can be bothered to use them appropriately and the volume of time they spend online doing so.

That said gold really can make a huge difference especially when used in massive quantities to accelerate troop production (in terms of it's effect on abp). Swali is the only player I've ever known that was able to compete with top gold users without spending any himself but swali is an enigma.

DeletedUser22650

Well that is just other players being arrogant, regardless of gold spending habits it still takes a good amount of skill to be a top attacker. Gold alone will not make a player a top attacker, it will help of course, but you still need skill. Now to be a top ranked player gold can be a bigger factor as you can sim and be the #1 player in points on a server. Just run city festivals and olympic games, but their bp will reflect that they are a simmer in that case.

currently theres a bunch of recruitment speed buffs you can get from the tree that make 1 second ships and troops, theres double bp buffs available too, dont tell me that doesnt warp the abp ranks beyond recognition :p

DeletedUser29152

Exactly I made a cs in obe second and a catapult nuke in 2hours (gathering resources) and could do it again easily

DeletedUser

all that whining about gold just shows how little you 1.0 players actually know about the game. You have to spend on premium, no way around it. Reducing troops production time only matters when server is young. Later down the road all heavy gold abusers drop out because nobody can afford to spend big cash on a fading browser game on a daily basis. Double bp buffs mess up the rankings, but they've been part of every event since summer, maybe longer. You could have full WH of them by now without spending gold.

DeletedUser22708

Double bp buffs mess up the rankings, but they've been part of every event since summer, maybe longer. You could have full WH of them by now without spending gold.

Agreed, this was my inventory after the event with the recipes
inventory_zpsa5efe915.jpg

DeletedUser

Exactly I made a cs in obe second and a catapult nuke in 2hours (gathering resources) and could do it again easily
haha am I the only one who noticed the "catapult nuke", I really hope you didnt actually make a catapult nuke. If so that is quite funny. Sure all the buffs slant the rankings a bit, but everyone has access to them. Yes the gold spenders can get more of them, I am just saying you can be up there with the top attackers without spending much gold. I have been in the top 30 attackers and inside the top 10 on a couple while spending very minimal gold. All I have ever spent gold on is the captain and the admin as they are pretty rough to play without once you reach a certain number of cities.

I dont think Tyrone spends alot of gold and he is inside the top 10 attackers on pretty much every server he plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9465

And who exactly was complaining about the premium features? I think the point was that in 1.20 you had to work harder in game to earn BPs, not in RL to earn money in order to be able to use them in game to buy BPs. That is, BPs meant more in 1.20 than in 2.0.

DeletedUser24285

Friends - really, this is not a difficult game in terms of technical skill, unless of course like Robbyn - you have managed to crack the AT sequence

DeletedUser29152

haha am I the only one who noticed the "catapult nuke", I really hope you didnt actually make a catapult nuke. If so that is quite funny.
Yeah it helped me take down a lvl 25 wall XD

DeletedUser22650

but plz tell us you had some slingers in with it is what bend means

all that whining about gold just shows how little you 1.0 players actually know about the game. You have to spend on premium, no way around it. Reducing troops production time only matters when server is young. Later down the road all heavy gold abusers drop out because nobody can afford to spend big cash on a fading browser game on a daily basis. Double bp buffs mess up the rankings, but they've been part of every event since summer, maybe longer. You could have full WH of them by now without spending gold.

i can start at the off on any server and compete for bp ranks in any system there is so not whining just stating facts, it means less now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

First of all, lets face facts.

Inno games is not some charity company that create free online games, its business company It aims for money and benefit, and that,like it or not,is their top priority goal and their legal right.
What inno tried to do, is expanding the popularity base of the game, making it reachable for all ages no matter what was your situation. So now its not only available for people with lots of free time on their hand, its also available to people who work or study at university or school.
In order to achieve all of that, gold factor had an increasing influence with each update.
But when this " gold " factor become really annoying ? its when those people with huge free time start taking huge advantage of that factor that was originally created to balance the activity level.
Now I am not saying inno are not enjoying all that ridiculously amount of money spent on what suppose to be " free " online game but
unlike what some of you think, 1.0 players aren't exactly better then 2.0 players. Its just stats at 1.0 were clearer, when stats indicates that x or y is a top player it means he really is. But now ? stats are useless, u can no longer identify whether a top player is actually good or bad, 1.0 player had more clicks to do that's for sure.
But each player that say 1.0 players are better, its like saying people that used computer in 1990's are better then people of today that use laptops :D
But hey ! thats life as well ;)
Things involve to be easier not harder, so no more scouting a player offline - grepointel will do it for you - no more need to kill everything around - one nice hit with double BP on will do the trick - no more waiting for your LS nuke to finish - you can gold it in 2 hours -

now IMO a player who use more then 5k gold per year on this game means two simple things:
1. you have lots of money that you don't even know how to use it, I recommend a yacht in the Caribbean
2. you have a lack of skill and using gold to lower the gap with the " beats ", I recommend reading guides and start the search for a new online game.

P.S. If you are one of those cythera players had 3x9K cities and 10K BP before BP ends, I think you have a serious problem and I recommend medical assistance.

I bough 8k gold in my entire grepo experience, if your really a good player all you need is captain and administrator of the premium features and that's it, your ready to break records ;)

DeletedUser22650

not reading all that but i get the jist from the top 2 lines, nobody is saying inno shouldnt earn money i wouldnt play without my 5 advisors, we're saying they should find a way to earn without warping the rankings....in fact we werent even saying that we were saying the ranks meant more before when they were played for on a much fairer system

DeletedUser

First of all, lets face facts.

Inno games is not some charity company that create free online games, its business company It aims for money and benefit, and that,like it or not,is their top priority goal and their legal right.
What inno tried to do, is expanding the popularity base of the game, making it reachable for all ages no matter what was your situation. So now its not only available for people with lots of free time on their hand, its also available to people who work or study at university or school.
In order to achieve all of that, gold factor had an increasing influence with each update.
But when this " gold " factor become really annoying ? its when those people with huge free time start taking huge advantage of that factor that was originally created to balance the activity level.
Now I am not saying inno are not enjoying all that ridiculously amount of money spent on what suppose to be " free " online game but
unlike what some of you think, 1.0 players aren't exactly better then 2.0 players. Its just stats at 1.0 were clearer, when stats indicates that x or y is a top player it means he really is. But now ? stats are useless, u can no longer identify whether a top player is actually good or bad, 1.0 player had more clicks to do that's for sure.
But each player that say 1.0 players are better, its like saying people that used computer in 1990's are better then people of today that use laptops :D
But hey ! thats life as well ;)
Things involve to be easier not harder, so no more scouting a player offline - grepointel will do it for you - no more need to kill everything around - one nice hit with double BP on will do the trick - no more waiting for your LS nuke to finish - you can gold it in 2 hours -

now IMO a player who use more then 5k gold per year on this game means two simple things:
1. you have lots of money that you don't even know how to use it, I recommend a yacht in the Caribbean
2. you have a lack of skill and using gold to lower the gap with the " beats ", I recommend reading guides and start the search for a new online game.

P.S. If you are one of those cythera players had 3x9K cities and 10K BP before BP ends, I think you have a serious problem and I recommend medical assistance.

I bough 8k gold in my entire grepo experience, if your really a good player all you need is captain and administrator of the premium features and that's it, your ready to break records ;)
The point of micro transactions in free to play games is that you can play without them but they are of huge benefit to you if you use them.

DeletedUser22708

It used to be easier to compete with gold abusers in the rankings, but when BP ended in Cythera I was disgusted with the amount of people having so much bp due to spending gold on those events. I've been a top attacker in a couple of worlds without spending gold except for the premiums. I understand where dux and the other 1.0 players are coming from, gold was not much of a factor back then, not even so much in 2.0, 3.0 is another story. I think it's quite sad to see how far people are willing to go to be in the top rankings, be it bp or city points and how much gold people are willing to spend. Admiral Naji explains it quite well. But if inno continues the way they're doing now then i predict this game won't last another year.
Don't know if this makes sense, hadn't had my cup of coffee yet :)

DeletedUser22650

hate to agree with you digi but it makes total sense :D 1 day out of bp im ranked 1314, thats a pretty pathetic amount of players playing and this is a bigger server than caly was, the barely populated maps have to be a sign of decreasing popularity or poor management of the player base, either way its not pretty

DeletedUser20415

If I was top ranking and any goldie wants my place please PM me
if you want to pay for it, I would prefer that I get the money :D

DeletedUser29152

but plz tell us you had some slingers in with it is what bend means

Oh yeah I already had a few hundred slingers and chariots but the upgrade allowed me to build 60 catapults fast to accompany my army