Discworld

DeletedUser

Seriously. They are the most light, funny, entertaining books I have ever read. :)

DeletedUser

Have you read all the ones with Granny Weatherwax? Those are good too! ^ ^

Such as

Masquerade, Lords and Ladies, Equal Rites, Sourcery

DeletedUser8303

Have you read all the ones with Granny Weatherwax? Those are good too! ^ ^

Such as

Masquerade, Lords and Ladies, Equal Rites, Sourcery

I like them, but i'm a Sir Samuel fan. Guards Guards and Night Watch are my favourites.

DeletedUser

oh nice, new game but also an discworldthread :)

i wrote them all (i must confess: all of them at the moment in german available, means, last is the book with making money, cause i read them in german - my english is not so good to understand all the hints and that would be a pity)

do not know whom is really my favchar.. the whole guardbooks are rather cool, but also is death - who do not like this fantastic death?

i think the chars from the book i read are in this moment mostly my favs *g*

but its a difference between his old and first books and the newer ones.. i think the change from the mostly fantasy stereotype mix and match and make a really good and funny book with it happend as the city books came up and then, with moving pictures i think - a little bit more reallityreference.. and the second change to a little bit more seriously came for me with night watch

as a fan (i have them all *g*) i think they are all great :) some more than others.. the readers i addictet to pratchett and discworld i suggested to begin with the guards :)

DeletedUser

The thought of a DEATH OF RATS makes me chuckle
I've read all T.P's books over and over and find something new to laugh at each time
Did anyone know that the town of Wincanton has named streets afer Ankh Morpork streets (Peach Pie St, & Tracle Mine Rd)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

read all tp's books cept the new one and the last continent
they rock
and did you know ank morpork has a twin city (cant remember the name)

DeletedUser

lol terry pratchet has some weeiirrdd books. ive read a couple of them they are pretty entertaining but also fairly silly if i remember right. I think (i might be wrong though) he also wrote a series, one book about death, one about time and one about something else? maybe im thinking of the wrong author.

DeletedUser

Hopefully he'll write a new one about Rincewind and the Luggage, the last one about Australia I didn't like much, but the characters are great

DeletedUser

But The last continent wasn't about australia it was about a place that was just a bit austrailien

DeletedUser

What I love best is how Death keeps going after him, and Rincewind manages to get out in time. I am very sorry that such a great author has to go through what he is going through.

DeletedUser

What he is going through is supposed to be worse than cancer as it kills 100% of victims. Poor him.
I think deaths given up on rincewind.

DeletedUser

They are excellent ~ I've read all of them - can recommend of them - the last one wasn't quite up to his usual standard but it was alright.