Dom Ring EN148

Clas17

Hipparchus
Hi,
I wanted to point out the insanely big dom circle for EN148.
First of all this is a fast end world (3 months) and I am comparing it EN143 (4 months from start til endgame).
The circle in 148 is including a lot of islands with 1-2 cities. Dom city count in EN148 (currently 6046 - 100 more than yesterday due to players founding the large number of anchors). If you include all the anchors, it is probably even a bigger number than EN143 (6530).

@Baudin Toolan is this how the dom circle should look like for a smaller world?

The dom ring graph of 2 worlds:
(for top 10 alliances, tried my best to show all the dom islands - might have a small mistake here and there)
143domcircle.png148 dom circle.png

Quick statistics:

EN143: Top 10 alliances in terms of points : 9672 cities, 173,730,720 points

EN148: Top 10 alliances in terms of points : 7681 cities*, 77,925,653 points
*alliance cap is 60 in EN148 in comparison to 40 in EN143

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yes it's possible for a domination circle to be much larger or smaller from world to world. The game checks for significant player presence when it begins calculating the valid area for domination so if the core of the world is less dense on a given world it means the circle will be expanded until it hits the predetermined amount of cities. In the case of Lemnos it could be that there were less cities in the core due to how much faster this world's endgame was than other worlds.

Clas17

Hipparchus
So the algorythm does not account for world size/ nr of players and city count but has a predetermined dom count?
The case of Lemnos is pretty easy. In terms of player size and player numbers it is 80% of Falkonera, if not less. Anyways the dom circle is bigger and maybe the dom city count is larger as well if all anchors are included.

Edit:
Also the point I am trying to make here is that there are tons of cities outside of dom ring in EN143 (same as with Dokos, but probably other worlds as well) , which is not at all the case for EN148. Therefore all completely inactive, unimportant rim islands with many anchors, ghosts and 1k cities are included in the dom area. That doesnt make sense for me, nor has that ever been in the case in previous worlds.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yes per the wiki the system will sweep the entire world from the center out, checking for substantial player presence and marking the valid islands. The system stops once it reaches a predetermined percentage of player presence. So if the core of the world isn't as densely populated the dom ring will be larger.

Clas17

Hipparchus
So if the core of the world isn't as densely populated the dom ring will be larger.
that is true assuming that there is the same total cities in the world. My point when comparing the two worlds is that Lemnos is about 80% of Falkonera. Lets not look at how the ring looks like and lets look at the total number of dom cities. I am trying to say that the number of valid dom cities are almost the same (taking into account the huge number of anchors due to the dom circle being bigger than usual), whereas the size of the 2 worlds does not explain this.
Would appreciate it if you can check this with the responsible programmers' team.

Edit: I dont know the numbers now but lets assume EN143 started with 6460 dom cities whereas EN148 started with 5950 cities. That is still 92% whereas the world size is of EN148 is 80% of EN143 if not less

gknasel

Hoplite
Yes it's possible for a domination circle to be much larger or smaller from world to world. The game checks for significant player presence when it begins calculating the valid area for domination so if the core of the world is less dense on a given world it means the circle will be expanded until it hits the predetermined amount of cities. In the case of Lemnos it could be that there were less cities in the core due to how much faster this world's endgame was than other worlds.
Just curious and just a thought, why not make it 90% of the map? That should open up the outside of the map as an option and would make it more interesting. Today as soon as one group really establishes a center core there isn't really much option to challenge for later starting groups. I might make worlds larger and more profitable to make the dom ciricles include the edge alliances.

Clas17

Hipparchus
Just curious and just a thought, why not make it 90% of the map? That should open up the outside of the map as an option and would make it more interesting. Today as soon as one group really establishes a center core there isn't really much option to challenge for later starting groups. I might make worlds larger and more profitable to make the dom ciricles include the edge alliances.
because the idea is for the strongest alliance to win by sieging the cities close to the center of the world. Boosting and founding in the rim should not be rewarded.

gknasel

Hoplite
because the idea is for the strongest alliance to win by sieging the cities close to the center of the world. Boosting and founding in the rim should not be rewarded.
It also makes it so that if you don't join the world in the first week you are most likely not going to succeed. Boosting is crap but making it possible for a RIM alliance to reasonably challenge the core alliances wouldn't take away from the strongest alliance winning. If anything today's model rewards players who start strong and then to turtle up.