Easter 2016 Feedback Thread

DeletedUser35069

This was a really really shady move.

Funny thing was I figured the second update would be to remove the pointless 1 cat that uses up 15 fp off the 100 fp prize figured it was probably a holding spot for a hero. Turns out someone somewhere actually thinks that's a good idea giving on cat as a top prize.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winchup

Phrourach
My feedback for this event:

Just when I thought things were looking up in terms of the events after the Valentines one (I thought it was much more balanced that events in the past), this one comes out with sneaky ways of trying to get more gold out of people, and then to throw myths into the balance after people have already paid for the substantial rewards, maybe in an attempt to urge more people to spend their gold on the event.

Well, a big clap of hands for listening to the Inno bank accounts instead of the people filling them.

So I'll explain what happened. Originally our server was supposed to have myth units in the shard store but due to an error we didn't. So that got fixed this morning. It was sprung on us very suddenly and I only had an hour to notify people of the update. I'm just as upset about this as you guys are. Sorry for making you all think we weren't gonna have myths.

So to clear things up, if this event was suppose to have myths from the start, why did the Video which Innogames released in announcements show Slingers, Horsemen and Chariots in the shard store, and no Myth units?

DeletedUser

I think inno should compensate those players who used shards to buy inferior units before they added the myth units...like that will happen..

And it is not a dig at you BT...you were probably as much in the dark about this as we were...but reading the previous posts about the video of the event...and that no myths were shown in this. It just shows what fools inno take us for.
They knew players would go for the other units on offer....then they add myths to the event..so we can spend more money to try and get enough shards to have the myth units.. stinks .

DeletedUser41523

So why did the wiki show normal units and not myths then?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
It all comes back to us not knowing about the bug. We do the wiki, we make the announcements, and we talk to you guys on the forum. When we don't know or are wrong about something it affects a lot of sources of information. That said if you guys know other people ingame who are upset with the change to the event or are happy with the change please send them here to this thread to give their feedback. The more feedback we have the better. Saying 5 people are upset on the forum holds less weight then saying 20 or more. I do appreciate everyone who has commented so far and has been mindful of the forum rules in their feedback. Thanks guys :)

DeletedUser51423

It's just kind of insulting. Players were singing the praises of inno for actually listening to them, and then all of a sudden it's like oh no, we don't actually care what you think.

It takes no skill to pull out your wallet to buy some myths.. but really one cat as a top prize? how completely useless is that?

Less and less people are playing the game, and i understand that perhaps that inno needs to compensate for that, but why not instead of fixing the immediate problem of them losing money, they tackle the actual problem of why people are leaving or not starting to play at all? No one wants to play a game where the only skill or intelligence needed is to be able to type your credit card number in.

DeletedUser

hahahaha! i am finally convinced that the Inno staff arent mindless idiots but comic geniuses. "BY MISTAKE" they give the en servers exactly what they want... just to yank their dreams out from under them! its such a perfect bug im laughing

It all comes back to us not knowing about the bug. We do the wiki, we make the announcements, and we talk to you guys on the forum. When we don't know or are wrong about something it affects a lot of sources of information. That said if you guys know other people ingame who are upset with the change to the event or are happy with the change please send them here to this thread to give their feedback. The more feedback we have the better. Saying 5 people are upset on the forum holds less weight then saying 20 or more. I do appreciate everyone who has commented so far and has been mindful of the forum rules in their feedback. Thanks guys :)

two things here..

the disconnect between the people that dictate developments/events and the mods that communicate with the community is insane. it appears that the mods are here just to keep the peace and deflect the concerns of the players or are set up to do it unwittingly while the developers and bean counters arent troubled with the quality of their product. For example how long has the grepolis community been flogging that dead horse end game that was forced on all of us? to be fair the en mods seem a little better than the us mods but the lackluster response to player concerns and issues seems roughly the same.

finally this alleged bug hasnt been "fixed" on the us servers. how is it that its the intended event on us servers but a mistake on en?

DeletedUser35069

Pretty sure we got a community manager somewhere here that should be dealing with concerns about this. Everything is being diverted towards BT and at least he is communicating with us and offering explanations even if they do sound unbelievable but obviously passed down to him from somewhere. Did our manager quit or is he too busy to deal with customers these days?

DeletedUser17088

feedback

lose the myths and the insta favour tokens (nothing better than an attack been reduced to dust by a player constantly buying favour and shredding your attacks # sarcasm), they kill the game. this event was perfect for helike until the myths were introduced. I feel sorry for those playing it now as what could have been a normal good settings world release is marred by power creep

*edit*

for those not familiar with 'power creep'

'the process in which newly-added-content can be played along with the old-content, but with the new content being far more powerful/useful in every sense. This process leaves old-content completely worthless'

In this instance, Myths being available and very accessible through money rather than time and patience. thus rendering the choice to get regular units a stupid one

Grepolis is one of the few games that hasnt suffered from 'Power creep' which is impressive considering its age, now sadly its in a catagory of 'occasional but severely game unbalancing power creep'

DeletedUser37468

I managed to get a few chariot and horse gizmo's before they vanished...personally I absolutely deteste the myths, NEVER use them unless by random gizmo award if nothing else grabs my attention...so seeing the chariots, horses and slingers it was a really nice touch

So I am one of the many who are disappointed that the myths are back.....not just cos I hate them and do not generally use them in game anyway...but the bright spark who thinks he can take my city today but cannot due to peace time, has thrown hundreds of the chuffin' things at me all night and this morning (and that was after my wall was going up and down faster that a tart's underwear and throwing thousands of ls at me too)

So...please "whoever changed it"...please change it back to horses, chariots and slingers so that I can get my revenge on the idiot who kept me up all flamin' night :(

Thank you kindly

Winchup

Phrourach
If I may make some suggestions if Inno are set on having Myths in these events, Cerberus and Hydras should be available as well as the attack myths. I thought that they were a good reward in the last event and made it much more even in terms of attack and defense during the event.

My second suggestion is the people who selected the first rewards before the event started should get half of the shards they spend as compensation. Not the full amount as they did still get slingers/horses/chariots, but something back as they have really lost out here.

DeletedUser37468

I generally do not use gold on this game...but I confess that I did use gold yesterday specifically cos of the chariots and horses and I had 2 or 3 of each horse, chariot & slinger gizmo's....(all of which were used in newly taken cities)....I am not going to demand anything back or stamp my foot or swear never to play again....but it was a real disappointment when things were changed over as it was a refreshing change not to have the myths for once and as I have already said, I am one of the few who never uses myths on a regular basis so having "normal" units was a breath of fresh air

Anyone doubting the fact that gold was used by me, it can be verified in the system cos in Abdera I came out in 3rd place with almost 480 shard points and you cannot get that high without using it.

DeletedUser32469

More feedback.

I apologize for the mild profanity in my earlier post, though it accurately described my level of agitation. More constructively: we all understand the fact that gold users make the game available for everyone, so that's not an issue. But what is, is the arbitrary use of gold incentives without consideration of its effect on the game. After all, what holidays there are in a given time frame is a pure accident that has nothing to do with the stage a server is at. The effect of these intrusions is always distorting to normal strategy, but it's MUCH worse when it's inserted into a world where everyone has one or two cities with a minimal number of troops, as in Helike. If there must be events, I have two suggestions: make the presence and timing of events a feature of the world, having nothing to do with external holidays, and make sure that the rewards are balanced between offense and defense; e.g. that you can buy enough archers and chars to defend against Manti's for the same price as the latter. And in the spirit of one of the earlier contributors, let me urge your marketers to think out of the box how to make the game more attractive to the online gaming community, rather than how to exploit the lust for power of those who are already hooked on it. After all, income from the game is #of players x income per player, so concentrating on just the second variable is short sighted.

DeletedUser44167

Cant "I Know Games" come up with a better way to make this game profitable than Instant Buy and having and Event every other month?

I mean in one of those TV Episodes they said they was thinking about having a HOUR long meeting about some feature
A whole hour
Least they was thinking about Grepolis
Id bet most (read ALL) of those who was supposed to show up forgot about that too

Even a Forum Moderator is expected to put in 10 hours per week
And probably do not even get paid for that

DeletedUser21784

Funny thing is, the revolt worlds I am playing on 2 US servers still have not got any flying myths in the shard shop. These worlds (us-Baris and us-Helorus) have not been affected by the "event update". Would like to know if that was intended - or if they just forgot to implement the myths there :p

DeletedUser

Funny thing is, the revolt worlds I am playing on 2 US servers still have not got any flying myths in the shard shop. These worlds (us-Baris and us-Helorus) have not been affected by the "event update". Would like to know if that was intended - or if they just forgot to implement the myths there :p

Says here that some servers were supposed to not have myths, perhaps the US server was not supposed to have them, but I don't know.

DeletedUser32469

I'm curious why the community goals are set so very much higher (6.18 times as much as Carphi, for instance) in Helike. Was this deliberate to avoid affecting the early stages of the game?

DeletedUser31385

I'm curious why the community goals are set so very much higher (6.18 times as much as Carphi, for instance) in Helike. Was this deliberate to avoid affecting the early stages of the game?

I think it has to do with the number of players. There are a lot more people in Helike than in Carphi. I'm not sure though.

DeletedUser

Come on Inno I thought you guys were doing well Not adding myth units I was happy, You could not just spend money and have manti/harpy nukes for the next couple of weeks but yet again you have disappointed me not only because you decided to put myth units back in for what ever reason I guess you guys wasn't making enough money but the whole concept of this event is frankly tackless and boring , no thought put into the event lets just put random pots in and make people shoot at them or just copy event ideas that have happend in the past