Elite Force- New Recruiting Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

HIHIpeople, rygarr have you ever heard about the decentralisation?

James hit the spot on this one saying:

I'm not saying it wasn't EF who did it, I'm just saying maybe one of UF's ocean commanders was in contact with the guy.

You guys sound like samurays not knowing that the age of powder has come. Dreaming about your nice and cosy small alliances. The key is in having good local commanders able to run the local issues almost independently.

Perhaps i am wrong saying that your feudal alliances are dinosaurs. New age of the alliances will come, more flexible and able to adapt to the local environment.

So which alliances are the Feudal alliances? and which are the new age?

Did you know good local leadership is hard to come by that is why UF and TE merged it is also why the merge with UF+TE failed in the end. Good local leadership is even harder to retain. Anyone can send invitations to the masses and yes people will join but, few will help anyone..

No seriously can you list out of the top 12 which alliances are "new age and which are dinosaurs"? this could really help everyone understand what you are trying to say.

DeletedUser

i tried they said i cant. so they took the daiquiri from me and gave me a jagerbomb

J.n.c 1993

Strategos

Did you know good local leadership is hard to come by that is why UF and TE merged it is also why the merge with UF+TE failed in the end. Good local leadership is even harder to retain. Anyone can send invitations to the masses and yes people will join but, few will help anyone..

No seriously can you list out of the top 12 which alliances are "new age and which are dinosaurs"? this could really help everyone understand what you are trying to say.

UF didn't have bad leadership, there leaders were leaving the game or had much less time for the game due to RL hence the reason why there offered to merge and I accepted as a good friend would do.

However managing an alliance with nearly 200 players is easier said than done. It's not the fact it was bad leadership. In some places there were inactives or slackers in strategic spots not doing anything, or there were disloyal members giving away vital info to the enemy. In TE we have capable leadership which has made it this far, I'm not just talking about me, I'm talking about the council, the ocean commanders & Generals especially the guys fighting BA & KoDR, they are giving them a good fight.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Okay, then how about "lack of leadership"?

Who UF or TE?

TE doesn't have a "lack of leadership" I just explained that we have capable leaders.

And I explained the reason for UF's leadership as well, it wasn't bad or lack of leadership, it was them quitting/or real life was to busy for them.

Edit: Since when did you become a mod? :p

DeletedUser

*ahem* UF lacked leadership, which prompted their merge with TE.

Of course, still lacking local leadership, the merger did little to improve their situation. Hence the "unmerge" that followed.

And I joined the mod team about a week or two back, but I only mod the Tau forums. Here in Eta just think of me as one of the boys ;)

EDIT: Just want to point out that having the leaders leave/quit very much indicates a lack of leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*ahem* UF lacked leadership,
EDIT: Just want to point out that having the leaders leave/quit very much indicates a lack of leadership.

political views. nothing to do with reality.
**yawn** maybe this thread will help the insomniacs sleep.

DeletedUser

I was referring to the previous posts. Partially, the other subjects as well, 12 alliance discussions in particularly. The issue of MRA comes back again and again.
Predominant view considers MRA as dishonourable strategy of growth leaving colonisation as a one and the only source of growth. Interestingly enough the opinion is common among the most experience players (samurais) belonging to the largest alliances.
I don’t want to waste my time to discuss the motives even though they quiet clear for me. All or nearly all big alliances today went through the MRA stage whilst growing.
Over 100 members’ alliances are being considered difficult to manage. Some set the efficiency roof even lower at 50. I say, it is possible to manage efficiently alliance far larger than that as long as the alliance will be able to create network of the efficient local commanders. The commanders have to be able to take literally any decision apart of those in diplomacy without asking central command for approval. This way the central command can be focus on long term targets and conducting sophisticated missions/tasks interfering in local matters.
Reviewing current top 12 alliances seems like nearly all of them could improve its current performance. Surprisingly the problem applies also to the alliances having less than 50 members.
TE was a perfect example of very challenging merge. Not only by the management problems but also by the mere numbers of the ocean under control. Didn’t worked out, sure the problem is on UF side rather than TE. Now the challenge is on KE. I wish Adamberr got now chance to manage it, and I wish him success. Also the UoW could improve on internal management otherwise we (the KA) would not be able to significantly slow down their progress in o77. The CR is perhaps only one exception here. Still I am sure CR will have to face the dilemma sometime in the future. How to secure further grow, what strategy to choose? Believe the latest war against the KE/KA has started because of fear of being circulated. I don’t have enough knowledge to go down the top 12 alliances list and give reliable feedback.
I can enlist the most important politics typical for the alliances I call dinosaurs:
- Colonisation being 100% or close to 100% of their growth strategy. Believe proper balance between colonisation and recruitment in order to keep the alliance healthy.
- Setting too high recruitment roof. In result only thug or SimCity players can join. Thug player is no active in forum and follows alliance strategy only if suits his targets. Focus only on conquering cities regardless the banner he’s under. Those players can easily change the alliance or simply quit once there is nothing more to conquer around.
- Lack of the rotation on ocean commander positions. Players are getting lazy therefore constant competition element has to stimulate their activity. There has to be a clear understanding of that between the local commanders.
- Centralisation, is the reason most of the alliances do not feel comfortably to go over 50 member’s is their leadership wants to control too all players activities. It is literally impossible if the leader wants to keep normal life in real.
Hope that helps.

DeletedUser

political views. nothing to do with reality.
**yawn** maybe this thread will help the insomniacs sleep.

Here's some reality for you. If a leader quits and nobody steps up to fill in his place, there is an absence and thus a lack of leadership.

This isn't political, it's math. 1 - 1 = 0.

I don't really see how that is difficult to understand.

DeletedUser

lol
actually, sometimes 1-1 = -745,000

some will understand that
some won't
anyone who has lost an amazing and dedicated leader will understand it

DeletedUser

I can enlist the most important politics typical for the alliances I call dinosaurs:
- Colonisation being 100% or close to 100% of their growth strategy. Believe proper balance between colonisation and recruitment in order to keep the alliance healthy.

If you lose a player you should replace that player. if you don't recruit as an alliance you'll just fade away.

Preferring to conquest is debatable but, is a quick way to grow current members.

Some alliances do not want to grow but would rather control their area from invaders.

- Setting too high recruitment roof. In result only thug or SimCity players can join. Thug player is no active in forum and follows alliance strategy only if suits his targets. Focus only on conquering cities regardless the banner he’s under. Those players can easily change the alliance or simply quit once there is nothing more to conquer around.

Not sure I agree with this. Many "thug" and sim players stay in there alliances 4-6 months same as any other alliance. In fact loyalty is often high with those two groups unlike Simi-active players who are not very loyal at all .

I did not fully understanding who you are calling a "Thug" players I read it and the fighters.

- Lack of the rotation on ocean commander positions. Players are getting lazy therefore constant competition element has to stimulate their activity. There has to be a clear understanding of that between the local commanders.

I believe assigning local commanders is overrated based on my experiences in many browser games. I also believe natural leaders will always lead in their area and rally the troops despite a title given to them.

- Centralisation, is the reason most of the alliances do not feel comfortably to go over 50 member’s is their leadership wants to control too all players activities. It is literally impossible if the leader wants to keep normal life in real.

not really most alliances control their membership so that every members feels needed. When members feel like part of a team they normally enjoy the game more because they know all the alliance members on a personal basis. In large alliances It starts to become work to read the chat and the forums so they often become ignored. This leads to lack of understanding the current events boredom soon follows.

Hope that helps.

Not really you just described every alliance that controls an ocean in one way or anther as a dinosaurs

Sounds like you lack open mindedness to me. Everything you wrote seemed like you where comparing black to white and ignoring all the shades of gray.

This new age alliance stuff your taking about sounds old news. The Elite and Union of Warlords have been doing it since before you started world eta. They are both good alliances that have both been tested.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I think this thread has gone off topic :p Elite Force isn't around anymore, so might as well lock this thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.