Confirmed Error - Can't login

DeletedUser

This was from a different time, please use the other thread below.

DeletedUser

Thanks

There is a thread already about this and they're are trying to fix it and they'd appreciate it if you'd be patient and not make more threads.

Thanks for smacking my wrist, I actually found the other thread after creating mine.

P

DeletedUser

can we get a timeframe on this?

Currently just waiting for the developers to fix it. We are told they are working on it as we speak, but right now it is office hours in Germany, so I would assume they have all the resources they need to fix it.

Right now it would appear to be a global issue as we have reports of NL and Swedish servers being affected.

DeletedUser

little late for me unfortunately :( good luck guys

edit: just got into chi seems fully functioning :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know it would be nice to actually get some feedback as to what is actually going on with all these problems that have been occurring.

Personally I think it is absolutely disgraceful the way that the powers that be have handled these problems... or not handled them as the case has been. Things happen, hardware fails, network providers have problems, bugs occur, virus's cause issues, human error, hacker's, etc, etc... things happen and in many cases it could not have been prevented, and in other cases it should have been. If you are providing a game, especially when you are receiving payment for that service, there is a responsibility that you have to the people who use your service. You may not be able to prevent such disruptions but you can certainly provide feedback as to their nature. Problems associated with not being able to login have been occurring for well over a week which means there is no excuse for not keeping players informed.

Given the lack of any reason what-so-ever for the problems makes me think that the developers/administrators stuffed up and they don't have the integrity to own up to their mistakes. Of course I could be wrong... but if it was something like a hardware failure, I personally can't think of any reason why they wouldn't simply say so.

The other thing that has been totally ignored is the compensation side of things. Grepolis is a time-critical strategy game. Not being able to login reliably can mean the difference between a player gaining a city and being rimmed. Given that it hasn't even been mentioned, the only conclusion that I can draw is that the people in charge simply don't give a damn.

If I am incorrect in what I have said, then please point me to the posts that show otherwise, and I would be more than willing to retract my statements and apologise.

Otherwise, it would be great to get an official response.

DeletedUser

You know it would be nice to actually get some feedback as to what is actually going on with all these problems that have been occurring.

Personally I think it is absolutely disgraceful the way that the powers that be have handled these problems... or not handled them as the case has been. Things happen, hardware fails, network providers have problems, bugs occur, virus's cause issues, human error, hacker's, etc, etc... things happen and in many cases it could not have been prevented, and in other cases it should have been. If you are providing a game, especially when you are receiving payment for that service, there is a responsibility that you have to the people who use your service. You may not be able to prevent such disruptions but you can certainly provide feedback as to their nature. Problems associated with not being able to login have been occurring for well over a week which means there is no excuse for not keeping players informed.

Given the lack of any reason what-so-ever for the problems makes me think that the developers/administrators stuffed up and they don't have the integrity to own up to their mistakes. Of course I could be wrong... but if it was something like a hardware failure, I personally can't think of any reason why they wouldn't simply say so.

The other thing that has been totally ignored is the compensation side of things. Grepolis is a time-critical strategy game. Not being able to login reliably can mean the difference between a player gaining a city and being rimmed. Given that it hasn't even been mentioned, the only conclusion that I can draw is that the people in charge simply don't give a damn.

If I am incorrect in what I have said, then please point me to the posts that show otherwise, and I would be more than willing to retract my statements and apologise.

I agree. Especially that bit about it being a time critical game. Because the servers are down i may lose a claim on a city. Perhaps grepolis would like to reward me with a 7000 point city if i have?

DeletedUser

I think that I regreded because I voted for you guys.

Today`s a second day that I can`t log in to my account. That`s a shame :(

DeletedUser

I appreciate your concerns on this, I really do. We have been unfortunate in the past month with unplanned downtime affecting servers. As far as I know we have been providing a reasonable explanation as to the downtime. If you have been keeping abreast with the latest issues, some users were unable to play the game due to a particular ISP having technical issues. I cannot see how that could be seen to be poorly handled. Our technicians at Innogames in Hamburg diagnosed the problem and directed users on where to go to help solve it, this is as much as they can do in a situation where users are afflicted by an external source. As for the issues this morning, we are yet to receive an explanation from the developers as to what exactly caused the downtimes, other than technical issues with the servers (please note it is an issue that affected the majority of language versions of Grepolis).

In terms of compensation I would like to remind you that in the terms and conditions which you signed up to when you created an account with Grepolis:

http://legal.innogames.de/?type=agb&game=grepo&market_id=en said:
Article 5 Defects Warranty

- The user is aware of the fact that the games offered by InnoGames - as with any software - can never be completely free from defects. Thus a defect in the game shall only be assumed in the case of serious and ongoing interruption.
- InnoGames hereby warrants an annual average of 97% availability for the game however. This shall exclude regular games maintenance which can only be carried out offline, force majeure or unavailability due to external manipulation.

To the best of my knowledge we are still within the promised 97% availability.

DeletedUser

As far as I know we have been providing a reasonable explanation as to the downtime.

These are the three announcement threads indicating downtime.

http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=24542
http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=24265
http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=24053

The problem with Virgin Media indeed was a reasonable explanation and was handled well. What about the other problems? There are no explanations here.

In terms of compensation I would like to remind you that in the terms and conditions which you signed up to when you created an account with Grepolis:

I have never read them... as have over 90% of ALL Grepolis players. But I'm glad that you pointed them out.

97% availability... that sounds high... wait... that's roughly 260 hours a year downtime (given the game runs 24hours/day)... so given the downtime we had of about 4 hours I think... that's 65 days every year of such a downtime is considered acceptable by innogames???? Quite honestly, if that is what is considered okay by the developers then I suppose there's not much more to say, given how far below that is of what I would consider acceptable.

But thanks for responding to my post.