Feedback on 8 day beginners protection

Do you like long BP periods?

• Total voters

Richard

Strategos
Hey chaps,

As you've seen, I tried something a little different with BP on this world, giving 8 days BP instead of the usual shorter periods. I will most likely go bigger if it is favoured on medium and faster worlds. So I wanted some opinions on it pre and post beginners protection ending.

• Do you like it? If so, why? (or why not)
  • Should I have gone longer (10 days)
  • Would you play a speed 2 world with this length of BP again? If not, why not?
  • Would you play a speed 3 world with a long BP period?

Thanks! Your opinions mean a lot :)

Richard

DeletedUser27700

I do not play this world, but in Helorus the 7 day BP was amazing.
We had 50 or so people conquest ready right away, and almost everyone took the time to build a full army to fight with.

I hope this is a growing trend

DeletedUser

I do like it. It gives you more time to build your city and plan out how you're going to do this. Also it means that the end of BP will be more fun because there will be huge armies :D
I also think it stops new players from quitting early as they get more days to get hooked on this game :D
I would play this again, for speed 3 it would probably be too long though.

DeletedUser12571

I think it's just right for this speed, but a longer period would be needed for speed 1, and a shorter period for speed 3. Although that may have been obvious.

DeletedUser5061

it's different and fresh, i think smart alliances and players will benefit from it, the not so bright not so much. Can't wait to see the point whore that gets a second city while still in BP.

DeletedUser

it's different and fresh, i think smart alliances and players will benefit from it, the not so bright not so much. Can't wait to see the point whore that gets a second city while still in BP.

yeah bet its a ghost he grabs lol

i like it aswell i think 10 days would be too long though.
aswell as the attack a player quest that needs to be done.
it also gives far to long its a challange to get Cs ready in 8 days but 10 is just far to easy lol especially for theese gold whoores lol

DeletedUser

That isn't necessarily a bad thing tbh.

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Quests#Warfare

You can see what the quests are that come after that one and complete them before they're given to you. Then as soon as you do get given them (i.e. when you attack another player and clear those quests) you'll be done. :)

My main issue with this is that it does rather make the rewards from that entire section of the tutorial a bit useless... It is great when you first get out of a short BP to get the units that they give... Those 5 horsemen make a difference that early on. However, when you're out of BP and have huge armies, they are pretty useless. Who cares about 10 slingers here and there.

DeletedUser25249

Im liking the extra time, lets noobs like me get my armies ready for action without worrying about some grepoburglar coming and eating me.
The quests i find a little irritating as it's nabbed all my farm space a few times already.

:)

DeletedUser

I like it because it gives me some time to build myself up, because I consider myself more of a casual player than a 6-8 hours a day grepomaster.

DeletedUser17088

i think its good, i have no pressure to be uber active in a busy life

I know i will be well suited to fight and defend myself, maybe even conquer.

DeletedUser14707

I think its a little to long.
Once beginner protection is gone, a wich i think is an important aspect of the game is farming. To keep your city, bp, army, research going i think you need farming. This cant be done now. (except for bp). I really do like this game, and so do i like the attacking i always find bp a bit boring. I understand 5 days are needed but 8..

Anyway like always you can also take your advantage with this.

DeletedUser24285

It rather depends upon the speed of the world. I would go for longer BP in slower worlds, shorter BP in faster worlds. Where you have a long BP in a fast world - well yes you are conquest ready at the end of it but those ahead of you are much stronger and can take you out before you can get going - plus you are an attractive 4k city.

Personally I think the longer BP in the faster world means you use a lot more gold in order to be fully competitive when you "come out" - but then I suspect the Grepo administrators have worked this out and this is why we are getting these longer periods.

But, people often disagree with me and I would be happy to read a reasoned rebuttal of what i have written here.

Richard

Strategos
Personally I think the longer BP in the faster world means you use a lot more gold in order to be fully competitive when you "come out" - but then I suspect the Grepo administrators have worked this out and this is why we are getting these longer periods.

On the contrary. Beginners protection is one of the settings I control, and I can honestly say that thought has never crossed my mind :).

DeletedUser38652

On the contrary. Beginners protection is one of the settings I control, and I can honestly say that thought has never crossed my mind :).

Maybe you should try different speeds with 8 days beginner protection. Like the next could be a speed 4 with 8 beginner..

The result would been around something like this:

- 5k reached
- Conquest ready
- 2 city
- Around 400+ troops
- LS and bire's +20

DeletedUser37948

i think its good. i also think it will make things more balanced between gold users and non gold users. diferant settings also are fun to try so im pleased to be experiancing these settings.
only time will tell how effective this longer protection period will be so after its finnished i will have a more informed opinion for now its a thumbs up from me :)

DeletedUser5554

I'm not in this but I can see advantages and draw backs.

A major advantage is for the busy man such as myself who would be able to log in less hours and still be ready to fight. A disadvantage to that is it can offset someone elses work. It also slows down the ability to be able to farm inactives and force players into inactivity which can be good for a few thousand resources a day and abp. In a two speed world I think anywhere from 5-7 days is okay for bp. I'm more of a kill them and kill them quick kind of player. With all the quests and changes to buildings I think reaching to conquest has been made easier. Over all though adding a day never killed anyone and I think this is an alright update. I'd vote to see it from time to time just not every time. :)

Hey Richard I have a question though. If we're increasing the BP for some worlds do you think we can have a world with no BP at all? I want to see how that would play out. :D

i think its good. i also think it will make things more balanced between gold users and non gold users. diferant settings also are fun to try so im pleased to be experiancing these settings.
only time will tell how effective this longer protection period will be so after its finnished i will have a more informed opinion for now its a thumbs up from me :)

I don't think the biggest difference will be made between gold users and not. They still have tons of time saving advantages and better resource production. Basically they'll be more set to kill you on day 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23516

I like the longer BP. With the troops received from the quests and the added time to build up armies and cities, it should make the end of BP much more fun and challenging.