Feedback on 8 day beginners protection

Do you like long BP periods?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I like it because it gives me some time to build myself up, because I consider myself more of a casual player than a 6-8 hours a day grepomaster.

6-8 hours a day is casual :p I think Long BP would be better as it could keep people interested for longer, and possibly keep more players in the game which needs to happen.

DeletedUser23516

6-8 hours a day is casual :p I think Long BP would be better as it could keep people interested for longer, and possibly keep more players in the game which needs to happen.

6-8 hours is very casual early in the game.

Another point I forgot to mention is it gives new players time to get a grasp of the game through quests.

DeletedUser17088

Personally I think the longer BP in the faster world means you use a lot more gold in order to be fully competitive when you "come out" - but then I suspect the Grepo administrators have worked this out and this is why we are getting these longer periods.

you should be fine :D i remember how much of a simtastic player you are.

I would have thought more time to spend gold and sim away would be ideal for you ;)

DeletedUser

Personally i would like it a bit shorter on this speed maybe 6 days. I do like the idea of bigger armies and conquest straight off the bat but i am impatient and like to attack people so shorter is better for me :)

Think some of the previous comments are very valid though as it does promote awareness of what you are building and make you think more so as a community people could benefit from longer bp. Pros and cons all round really.

DeletedUser

i hate the quest guys saying "attack another player" and that i can't for the next 8 days

DeletedUser

gouenji that quest is also bad...richard can we have a button to cancel it cause it will be there till friday disturbing....

DeletedUser16512

i love the long BP time this gives me extra resources to send to my villages so when the time comes i can build my troops up even faster :)

DeletedUser2863

Also means i can get the 7th in plenty of time - maybe even the 8th before bp ends

DeletedUser

The 8 days of BP isn't so bad. Sometimes I wish I could just attack someone and wish those quests can go away but overall the 8 days gives you a little more extra time to build up. I still prefer the old grep over this one.

DeletedUser

The 8 days of BP isn't so bad. Sometimes I wish I could just attack someone and wish those quests can go away but overall the 8 days gives you a little more extra time to build up. I still prefer the old grep over this one.

You can attack ghost city for that quest,works.

I like 8 day BP, gives active but less experience players more time to figure staff out, and veterans if their alliances (if they are members of alliance) to train them and teach them few tricks they could use, and what to build and what are their priorities. If there was less time vets would actually crack less experienced players easier.

So overall I like 8 day BP, after which there will be far more good enemies much stronger and there for more fun but even more BPs to get
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like it everyone wants to get ready for bp end asap and it will be cool.

DeletedUser

i just want bp to be over now :D

i guess 8 days builds a lot of anticipation...

DeletedUser38161

The 8 days for a speed 2 was a bit much for me, i think 5-6 is just about perfect for a speed 2. The reason i think 5-6 is enough is that coming out of BP with conquest research done and an army to support it yourself seems a bit crazy to me, there should be a decision that the player has to make as regards rushing for conquest but missing out on the initial BP or building up his army at the expense of slower expansion.

If this was a revolt speed 2 world with this BP i probably would have given it a miss to be honest, long bp results in horrific morale punishment :(

In my opinion 4-5 is about right for speed 3, again i think you could go longer with no morale but no more than 6 would be necessary. That being said speed 3's are crazy fun so id probably play anyway :)

DeletedUser

if that long on a speed 3 heaven would have come down....

Its somehow long anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37948

well protection is over and today is great fun :) i think the fact there are some good armies has brought a new and fun change to what is expected after protection ends.
for me the longer protection is great lets have it on every world :)

DeletedUser24285

I am not so sure - could be a "gold whore's" charter - it allows someone with gold to burn, to come out of BP, conquest ready and with a 2000 pt advantage (I can see a good example of this but I don't want to name).

I would really welcome other's views on this -is my view being colored by just one example?

DeletedUser

Not the biggest fan of 8 days. Yes it gives you tons of time to build and make plans, but just not a fan. I think 5 days is just right.

DeletedUser

look at this world for an example first player 5 cities...what if this were speed 3 he would be at 15 cities...

it now gets a too much from me

DeletedUser23986

look at this world for an example first player 5 cities...what if this were speed 3 he would be at 15 cities...

it now gets a too much from me

exactly, not a great idea. i believe 4-5 days are enough!