Finally Upgraded?

DeletedUser

So, as everyone knows, we got a message saying the hero world will soon open, and that we can vote on whether or not to upgrade our world to 2.0. I have no idea where we can make that vote, but I'm hoping that we get upgraded. Finally, something to play for! This will revive Beta! So everyone, (if they can find the place to vote at) please vote for the upgrade!!!!

Do you think its good to upgrade? If we do, how will it affect the current alliances and their position in the world?

DeletedUser

First off, the vote should be coming through the ingame mail sometime soon. (no one has actually mentioned when yet, besides sometime this week)
Second, vote for which you prefer, as each has advantages and disadvantages, and some of said advantages can seem like a disadvantage to others, and vice versa.
Third, one of three scenarios will likely happen:
a) The DragonHeads disband and pandemonium (and war) breaks out.
b) Each DH alliance (I believe there are 3 currently?) will build 2 world wonders, making it impossible for the game to end without taking down one of the alliances of the coalition, or the coalition being broken up
c) DS or some other alliance somehow manages to build 4 world wonders (I say somehow because it will be nearly impossible for most to do so.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First off, the vote should be coming through the ingame mail sometime soon. (no one has actually mentioned when yet, besides sometime this week)
Second, vote for which you prefer, as each has advantages and disadvantages, and some of said advantages can seem like a disadvantage to others, and vice versa.
Third, one of three scenarios will likely happen:
a) The DragonHeads disband and pandemonium (and war) breaks out.
b) Each DH alliance (I believe there are 3 currently?) will build 2 world wonders, making it impossible for the game to end without taking down one of the alliances of the coalition, or the coalition being broken up
c) DS or some other alliance somehow manages to build 4 world wonders (I say somehow because it will be nearly impossible for most to do so.)
Exactly Theo. It will created something for Beta players to fight for besides just "such alliance makes us mad lets conquer them" or "lets fight along side the DH".

DeletedUser13405

Exactly Theo. It will created something for Beta players to fight for besides just "such alliance makes us mad lets conquer them" or "lets fight along side the DH".

And whats that? A sim-city special world wonder? No thanks. I voted "No Way" and have asked the rest of Controlled Burn to do the same.

DeletedUser22133

Originally Posted by torithedragon
It doesn't matter how many points you have! if you don't want it you dont want it! edited!

It DOES matter.

Players with, for example 50 cities or more, are players who've already proven themselves that they are active in the game. Activity is a must for this game to keep it alive! Players with, for example 1 city, HAVE to proof themselves if they are active or not.

Why is it, that proven players have the same kind of vote as players who are new on this world? Big players already spent many hours and money into game. I think they must have a bigger vote in this matter...

I'm also playing on a Dutch server in the world of epsilon. A couple of weeks ago, we also had this vote. After the vote, innogames said that the majority of all players voted for 2.0. A nice saying of innogames but how could we check this??? No, we couldn't... We just had to believe innogames..
The only thing I knew is that all the large and active players there, didn't wanted the update.

Now, al couple of weeks later. The 2.0 update resulted in:

- A lot of big players stopped playing.
- More and more people get inactive.
- The focus is not on making war anymore but on sending resources to
worldwonders. If I wanted that, I started playing simcity!
- Managing 162 cities on the Dutch server was no problem on the 1.26
version, but now with 2.0 it costs me more time then ever!
- 2.0 is full of bugs
- 2.0 is slow
- 2.0 is all about gold. Without it, it's difficult to play 2.0.
- When you want to play 2.0 on your phone, it's very unclear.

A week ago, me and some Dutch grepolisfriends came to this server. Just to get the feeling back of the old and trusted 1.26 version. The version in which we spent so many hours of playing.
Now, I'm managing only one city here but we are more active on this server then the Dutch one. That says enough........

My vote; NO to 2.0!

DeletedUser22133

So, as everyone knows, we got a message saying the hero world will soon open, and that we can vote on whether or not to upgrade our world to 2.0. I have no idea where we can make that vote, but I'm hoping that we get upgraded. Finally, something to play for! This will revive Beta! So everyone, (if they can find the place to vote at) please vote for the upgrade!!!!

Do you think its good to upgrade? If we do, how will it affect the current alliances and their position in the world?

Hello,

A question; you say; something to play for? What do you mean by that?

DeletedUser22133

You think?

This is my reaction at a similar story:

Originally Posted by BaneBR
About this if you have a good offencive alliance like mine this will be a good opportunity to attack, if they are building wonders they will spend a lot of time and resources for that and for you build 1 wonder take a lot of time and i think you need 4 wonders to win the world, right?
So i say... let they build the wonder losing cities they won´t have strength to finish, if you keep attacking the alliance is over before they reach closer to finish the first wonder.

Karel Wakzalver;
Yes, in theory. But every alliance is going to make his worldwonders deep into there one territory. Problem is; your kolonisationship can't reach it.

Another thing is; at the dutch server we see that some alliances stopped with making offensive troops and are purelly busy with making defensetroops. Conclusion; all the cities on a "worldwonder" island will be full with defensetroops which makes it double so hard to conquer one..

A couple of days ago, we sent a spy to one of those cities..... we weren't happy:

50000 sword
50000 bow
50000 hoplite
5000 chariot
500 pegasi

The wall was lvl 25...

DeletedUser

I voted no... If I wanted to play 2.0 - I'd sign up on one of those worlds :)

However, I suspect the noobs who vote will say "yes"... shame your points or city numbers don't have a say in the count... then I suspect the result would be far more.. err.. interesting

DeletedUser

i would like the 2.0 features , to manage daily grepolife it would be better.

Who remember City of God around 500/500 ?

DeletedUser

Do you know if the update will reset our units and Gods?

PS: Sheul, I do remember about City of God

DeletedUser

Do you know if the update will reset our units and Gods?

PS: Sheul, I do remember about City of God

I doubt it will reset... and now that I know you're still active, that's the least of your worries :)

Maybe I should take a city for every time you sent a mass mail to Phenomen to say you were under attack ??? Oh wait... I'd have to give away all my cities to make room... and then some.

Be seeing ya soon :)

DeletedUser

I hope in the end after this vote, i hope there is atleast 1 pleaseeeee 1.26v world. Like seriously, i wanna play the classic?

DeletedUser

I voted no... If I wanted to play 2.0 - I'd sign up on one of those worlds :)

However, I suspect the noobs who vote will say "yes"... shame your points or city numbers don't have a say in the count... then I suspect the result would be far more.. err.. interesting

I agree with you Hericles and voted NO too. I played on Sigma and hated it. I play this world more hours than I want to and the thought of having to play more with the fear of a city conquer during dream time would cause me to stop playing all together. Those who play on Beta do so because they are used to it and enjoy the game as it is. I wish Innogames would allow a feature for cities to be demolished after conquer. That would spark excitement in Beta. What's the sense in attacking if you can't hold another city?

Lugosi

Strategos
I want the features not the new graphics otherwise 1.26x will be lost completely which I don't think would benefit grepolis' popularity amongst customers although this method will give us an end to the world instead of a horizon less one. I have grown, tired and bored of this game now for the last few months or so. 2.0 will spark things up IMO, it may lead players to quit but oh well. For my alliances situation it can only strengthen and help us along so I voted yes because beta needs a shake up.

DeletedUser22133

I want the features not the new graphics otherwise 1.26x will be lost completely which I don't think would benefit grepolis' popularity amongst customers although this method will give us an end to the world instead of a horizon less one. I have grown, tired and bored of this game now for the last few months or so. 2.0 will spark things up IMO, it may lead players to quit but oh well. For my alliances situation it can only strengthen and help us along so I voted yes because beta needs a shake up.

2.0 will not spark things up. Players are becoming more and more inactive because the focus will change. In stead of war, the focus will be on sending resources. Managing your cities will cost more time and leaves less space for war.

If you want simcity, vote for 2.0.

DeletedUser

Can we make a petition or something? I do want world wonders, but not neccessarily different graphics and new gods.

Lugosi

Strategos
2.0 will not spark things up. Players are becoming more and more inactive because the focus will change. In stead of war, the focus will be on sending resources. Managing your cities will cost more time and leaves less space for war.

If you want simcity, vote for 2.0.

Well it really will o.0

That doesn't make sense . . Players are becoming more inactive because of a change they didn't even know was on the horizon til two days ago err :heh:. In Beta the wars are not exactly thriving and as in most alliances across Grepolis, not all players can fight so sending resources for the world wonders will always be possible; its not like alliances can't multi-task. err how will it? :rolleyes:

2.0 is hardly simcity, its just 1.26x with additions and a simpler way to farm and actually provides an end to the game and that for me turns me towards wanting 2.0. I like 1.26x and have enjoyed it beyond my experiences in 2.0 but 1.26x has no end and if you've been playing since the beginning like I, you would be wanting or have least thought of wanting an end to Grepolis. Nearly all games have an end - even Monopoly if you have the time. Although as stated earlier I wish to keep the graphics of 1.26x because thats what makes it 1.26x and surely it would be better for inno to have to versions of a game out plus it is more compatible on my phone than 2.0.

They should make the hero worlds 1.26x - that would kick the grumpy reluctant players into action and winning their world ;)

DeletedUser13405

As far as I know, its all or none with respect to 2.0 Can't pick and choose features.

And from what I know, TW has been going on 8 years now. I don't see why Beta world (the most populous of the old worlds) can't at least run for another year or two in 1.26.

I have no desire to try and build a world wonder.

DeletedUser

Just a quick question, Karel Walkzalver, but who are you? You make some valid points. However, if you just came to beta, you have no idea how active and into the game we are! We are the second oldest server, and still one of the most actively played.

DeletedUser22133

Hello shimmert,

I'm Karel Wakzalver. Playing Grepolis for 14 months now at the Dutch server. At the world op epsilon i'm managing 162 cities now.

The reason why me and some Dutch friends came here was purelly because of 2.0. We lost our fun in the game and tried to get it back on English 1.26 server.

Your right; I know nothing about beta. But what I do know is that with the 2.0 update, activity WILL drop. It happened on every 1.26 world which was upgraded to 2.0.

A lot of players here, have just like me, put a lot of time and money into the game. We are customers, paying for a product. Now, Innogames wants to change the product which we are not paying for. Due to a "democratic vote" we can say wat we want BUT we can't check if this is going fair. At the Dutch server it went exactly the same!

Wat I want to say is that the vote is unfair and Innogames is trying to push this update through. I would like to prevent this because a lot of big players here ( proven players like you) are going to be dissapointed and will be inactive....