Inactive Topic Fix Useless Unit Types

DeletedUser8790

It sounds like it might be a good idea, but having fireships damage more than warships would make them overpowered and render the biremes as inefficient and even useless.

I do not think that fireships power should change, I just do not think a city should be conquered if you have them in defense, That is the only change that I would make. SO For example if I am attacked in my city and I have 1000 fireships as defense. Currently A CS with transports and troops would conquer the city, only Ls, biremes or tri's would be sunk. I would say keep everything the same except the conquest simply does not happen due to the surviving fireships. This is the way it should be no one should lose a city when they have surviving defense. This would make them a useful unit, If I could tweak anything else Population requirement for these should be 6 not 8..

DeletedUser8396

Why are people hating on myth units lol? Manticore nukes are amazing in breaking seiges, I always have 2 manticore nuke cities in ermegencies.

Because...they take 3 lifetimes to build lol...

believe me, i LOVE manticore nukes...but the world ends by the time its built :p

DeletedUser29371

I do not think that fireships power should change, I just do not think a city should be conquered if you have them in defense, That is the only change that I would make. SO For example if I am attacked in my city and I have 1000 fireships as defense. Currently A CS with transports and troops would conquer the city, only Ls, biremes or tri's would be sunk. I would say keep everything the same except the conquest simply does not happen due to the surviving fireships. This is the way it should be no one should lose a city when they have surviving defense. This would make them a useful unit, If I could tweak anything else Population requirement for these should be 6 not 8..

No it would be too easily exploited with building tons of Fire Ships impossible to conquer since they are the CHEAPEST defense navy unit in game....

Fireships are FINE!"

learn to use them is all people need to do

DeletedUser

I disagree with changing them. The units are aimed for beginners to the game. They have marked disadvantages, so its a learning curve understanding as to why certain units are of little value.

DeletedUser

Ok, you use them...I'll just send a CS, a transport, an ls, and a swordman...then post it everywhere and make you look like a fool :rolleyes:

Then you can come attack me :) ...same method and everything. 1 cs, 1 transport, 1 ls , 1 swordman...but I'll use my biremes...then post that report and make you look like a fool.

Fireships fight LAST. it makes them useless defending a siege, useless defensing a city , and they dont attack. Biremes can defend a siege, can defend a city, and (although i dont recommend it) can attack lol.

So, you were saying?
Yes because I am sure I wouldn't decide to move them out or move some biremes in if you sent a cs at me :eek: Anyway I have already tried pointing out the uses of most of these units to you. I never said they are the best units on the game, but they do have their uses. You like to clearly ignore the points of my post so I will not be debating with you anymore. As far as you farming me I would love to see that happen.

DeletedUser

I disagree with changing them. The units are aimed for beginners to the game. They have marked disadvantages, so its a learning curve understanding as to why certain units are of little value.

I believe that was the reason for the post. No unit should have little value. While their usage may depend on the situation, all units deserve a chance to shine.. Otherwise, they should be completely dropped from the game.

DeletedUser

Thats where we disagree Marshall. I believe that they should be kept in the game. Having them in there is a novalty. It often allows alliances to see if a player is a noob or not as noobs often go after getting them because they look like a good idea until you run the numbers. Most new players dont think about farm space, travel speed and similar things.
If I were to scout a city and see a player with some of these items I would then expect that the player wouldnt be as familiar as other players in certain processes, which can be used to my advantage.

DeletedUser

Fireships have their uses, just like biremes do. For example, when you see an attack without a cs incoming, fireships are th answer. They give you a 2:1 bp ration against triremes. They're also great for throwing into a land defense city just as something to ward attackers off, as fireships are despised.

Fireships are also going to be one of the best units on the world Hyperborea. Hydra will probably become #1 if fireships become popular.

DeletedUser

The idea of balance is a subjective point, yes, one could say that having weaker units will help amplify or show units that are worth building for statistical reasons, but having some units that have no advantage is worse in my view.

DeletedUser29371

The idea of balance is a subjective point, yes, one could say that having weaker units will help amplify or show units that are worth building for statistical reasons, but having some units that have no advantage is worse in my view.

Problem is cos units like cyclops are never of any use...

I said it before... i think mythical units should have 3-4% more attack per farm space than their counter in normal units... so Erinys should have 50 more than 55 slingers combined for example but should have 10% less defense per farm space when calculated in countern ormal units defense.

So overall

Erinys should have 3-4% more attack than equivalent in best normal attack per farm space but should have 10% less defense than equivalent in best offense unit.

And same goes for defense.

DeletedUser8396

Perhaps you may want to do that for all the units on your list. it may take a lot of effort, but will help it be passed.

DeletedUser

Yes, the units without any advantages need to be fixed. Oh wait, all of them have their own advantages, just not for many players' style of play

DeletedUser

Problem is cos units like cyclops are never of any use...

I said it before... i think mythical units should have 3-4% more attack per farm space than their counter in normal units... so Erinys should have 50 more than 55 slingers combined for example but should have 10% less defense per farm space when calculated in countern ormal units defense.

So overall

Erinys should have 3-4% more attack than equivalent in best normal attack per farm space but should have 10% less defense than equivalent in best offense unit.

And same goes for defense.

I don't agree entirely with the above proposal, myth units should be more mixed than that in terms of their less-important component (attack or defense), but where they shine, they should be a few or even several points ahead of their regular unit counter-parts. Some can be good at both, but they should then be expensive and more difficult to build.

Cyclops is technically a defensive unit, if not for the major sharp defence issue, but if you do some basic math, they are 56-57 defense per farm space, and have high blunt and ranged coverage. Pack these in with archers and they would be difficult to breakthrough. Only problem is that the Cyclops is unnecessarily expensive at least in terms of favor.

Erinyes I have already given my viewpoint on, not going to flog a dead horse here.

DeletedUser

I dont have a problem with Myth units being changed to being more powerful then their counterparts as favor is needed, it takes time and you cant change your god without loosing those units. However non-mythical units shouldnt be changed there is meant to be "quick and dirty" (like making Tr's) or "slow and strong" (like making Light Ships and Biremes). It might take longer to build them but its better in the long run. Maybe the quick and dirty units can be cheaper per farm space then the slow and strong units. I think that would be okay, but either way, the idea should be to build specific units for specific tasks, not one shoe fits all.