Inactive Topic "Forced Loyalty" buff improvement

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: A slight change to the "Forced Loyalty" thing from the island quests.

Did I check? No...I'm lazy :)

Details: When you do the island quests and get the reward "Forced Loyalty" it says it won't sink the mood through looting or demanding troops. Well, if your farm is already below the percent where it can revolt, this buff doesn't prevent revolting.

So, my improvement is to keep the farms from losing mood and from going rogue.

Reason: Because it is common sense. 'Forced Loyalty' makes absolutely no sense if the farm can revolt. Not to mention, it actually brings more of a perk to the buff.

Summary: Read proposal.

DeletedUser38224

This is how it used to work, but then they ruined it. I liked it better before they did, so this idea gets my support.

DeletedUser18366

Same, it caught me out leaving me wth 10 revolts at first. But research diplomacy and it's usually alright, although I'm still in favour :)

DeletedUser23986

I like the idea, but not sure if they want to change back.

DeletedUser27700

This idea is nowhere near the stage where it would go to a vote. Please keep discussing this, there are other topics to cover such as why the devs changed it to the way it is now initially. You would have to make a pretty strong case to make them change their minds a second time, so this would need resolving.

Enjoy

DeletedUser8396

This idea is nowhere near the stage where it would go to a vote. Please keep discussing this, there are other topics to cover such as why the devs changed it to the way it is now initially. You would have to make a pretty strong case to make them change their minds a second time, so this would need resolving.

Enjoy

Well, its plain out logic.

Forced LOYALTY

Makes no sense at all for them to become unloyal when they are being forced to be loyal...

DeletedUser23986

Enjoy

I agree with pebble. How can my loyal people revolt against me.

DeletedUser8345

nice idea
it happened to me once
i did a force loyalty and ended up having many of the farming villages in revolt which is definately not forced!!

DeletedUser18366

It just defeats the whole point of it, because most players will just loot the villages and if they do it at regular intervals below 80% (without diplomacy) there is a pretty big chance that the villages will revolt, and he resources it takes to recruit the units again is more thant you gain in some cases.

DeletedUser

i agree it needs to change.
#1 the title "forced Loyalty" means they will be loyal and not revolt.
#2 it sucks in a LS or Bir city when they revolt and you have to build troops to get them back under control.

Researching diplomacy isnt an option, because the academy skill points are needed in other researches.

So maybe the solution is to either change this quest back like it was, or change the name to "If your Lucky They Will Stay Loyal" :)

DeletedUser18132

I agree. While they're at it, the devs should change farming back to 1.26. :p

DeletedUser18366

Or you can just farm the idiots on your island, same impact, 20k resources :p

DeletedUser8396

It appears I developed the idea too well on my own, making it already fairly complete in its current form. Also, due to the fairly inactive state of this forum (and section) the requirements won't be easily met. So, Ideas mods, can you go ahead and move this? It is blatantly obvious it is wanted, and the purpose/benefit/common sense to change it back is all there.