Forum Issues!

DeletedUser12667

How else can we improve the forum, or bring more life back into it?

Spam, spam, spam. I have enough reality in RL, I like to visit the forums here and enjoy some humor that has nothing to do with RL and also at the same time fun. My wife tells me about how she saw on the news this bad thing or that bad thing happened. And that is why I dont watch the news.

Why is spamming looked at as bad? As long as it has a fun aspect then it should be promoted not condemed. Yes a topic may have a serious point, but doesnt the thread get more views and responses if it has a bit of spam in it?

Just my opinion, and that is lets stop being soo serious and just have fun. This is a forum that is based on a game isnt it?

DeletedUser

- More competitions for in-game rewards. Get more creative than just gold. You can give out units, resources, etc.... Make these rewards forum competition exclusives and do not start to sell them regularly. I, for one, will quit instantly.
Resources and troops are not worth enough... Gold is the only decent IG prize that can be given.
- Mods participate in more conversations on your worlds. More than just "get back on topic" or "hahaha you start at 1 again"
They do need to be impartial though...

Replies in red...

DeletedUser27700

- More competitions for in-game rewards. Get more creative than just gold. You can give out units, resources, etc.... Make these rewards forum competition exclusives and do not start to sell them regularly. I, for one, will quit instantly.

I like that. One of my favorite rewards from events are things like the double BP spell.
Making that an award would be cool imo. Things like that, or the 30 day rewards. Make those rewards for events as well.

DeletedUser6029

Replies in red...

I don't know that I agree with you, I think "favor" might be a decent award. or mythical troops.
I agree that competitions are important. IG/Forum competitiveness can bring about a positive thing. Leaving it as just a place to do PvP, well that is always going to be negative on someone. And in many cases real ire is the cause or effect of a PnP.

I remember for example they use to have a contest to design the seasonal Grepolis forum banner. Or signature of the month that was well hyped up. I think maybe that might be part of the problem...no hype.

Instead of "poster of the month" where only those who participate in that particular world can vote...why not amp up personality of the month forum wide? stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12667

Replies in red...

I disagree, we need to get away from the economical desire and strive to have a competitive game that not only has competition but the desire to be cival to others. When you bring money(gold) into the mix then it only brings seperation. Yes it my bring a bit of competitiveness, but if you step back and look, is the competitiveness positive or negative? From what I have seen it lacks positiveness. But as my wife tells me, "my way of thinking is not normal"

DeletedUser

Instead of "poster of the month" where only those who participate in that particular world can vote...why not amp up personality of the month forum wide? stuff like that.

I agree... A forum poster of the month would be a good idea.

DeletedUser18132

Yes, that would be awesome. Perhaps some ingame bonus(50% more BP for 48 hours or something) or gold for the winner, and a title. That would encourage more people to make good posts.

DeletedUser

Lol awesome thread. I agree with all Sainted's points, we need more constructive competitions, threads and posts, and more fun :p

A point i would like to make is that if you do not attack a person or alliance in a PnP harshly enough, they dont respond at all. For example (they are going to hate me for this but oh well :p) the no.1 alliance in Edessa had horrible stats, and i attacked them in top 12 threads along with other top alliances who were all playing safe. I attacked them within the rules, and used stats to back up my accusations. (Post 211 to see) However i didnt get a single response from that no.1 alliance or any of the other allainces i attacked. A few days later i was forced to join the No.1 alliance that i had been smack talking, and i got this Private message.
dLpm_zps084d65df.png

As you can see i was told to keep off the world forums and not to smack talk. This is what is killing the forums. The players/alliances that do talk on the externals raise their profiles over the other alliances, and become a target. Once they are targetted and taken out, they stop posting and the forums die. This is evifent by the early activity then the drop off.

So how do we improve it?? Well obviously the alliances dont want attention, whether good or bad. SO improving the world forums must be done once the players are integrated into the other parts of the forums. So i think the only solution is more non-world specific competitions, more interesting OT, more non-world specific grepo talk, and more effort made by mods and regular members of the forums to make this place better. I would encourage all alliance leaders out there to make being a member of the forums a requirement to join. If they have time for grepo, they have time for the forums. More diverse world types would be nice as well, a 1 off 1.26 world would draw many old players back to the forums, and a faster Hyperborea would be very competitive imo, although i understand these special releases have to be balanced with normal world releases.

Sainted: I personally have had a few good idea's for PnP's, and i would have loved to have done them, the only thing that stopped me was the knowledge that nobody would look at them, and the people who they involved would not reply. So i would get no return out of it. I remember the good old days when there was PnP wars, people would make PnP's, then the other party involved would make a counter-Pnp. However these days, a world is lucky if it has 1 good active PnP maker posting in its forums. So i dont think a PnP competition, or more PnP's in world forums is a good idea, because the makers of the PnP's would only be discouraged by the lack of response. To start with PnP's again we need to raise the number of active posters in the forums.

World release times is one of the topics of debate at the moment, and while i understand that new worlds must be released, and inno has to make money, i think the slower you release worlds the more healthy it makes competition both ingame and on the forums. But Shan is already working on that so i wont go further on the subject.

Anywat gtg to work, will post more later.

DeletedUser12667

I agree... A forum poster of the month would be a good idea.

Why not forum poster of the week? Or day? Maybe have awards like attacker of the day that we have ingame, but poster of the day here on the externals.

DeletedUser6983

yes, and we can maybe all bake cookies together and even ice them after they cool ;) jkjk

But the competitions are a great idea, weather its on the forum or in game. Just to get more people involved in the community is important.

Richard

Strategos
Just to chip in a little and clarify something. We are unable to reward players with units ingame. Also, with current tools, we would be unable to reward with double BP spells, or similar.

Favour, resources and Gold can be rewarded, but the one with the most value is gold, which is why it is used.

DeletedUser11965

Why not forum poster of the week? Or day? Maybe have awards like attacker of the day that we have ingame, but poster of the day here on the externals.

Lol give them to sj or penguin, they spam daily xD

DeletedUser

Day would be pointless... It would just be who could spam the most. It should be about who is posting good quality posts, not just who has posted the most each day/week/month.

You do it monthly so that it is rare, people don't just think- meh, i'll try and win it tomorrow so i can spam today.
You will be judged on your whole month's posts basically... if people feel that they have seen you to be posting good posts in the month, they'll vote for you. If you've just been spamming then you probably won't even make it onto the poll. :p

So that is why i said month and not day. :D

DeletedUser

Naa i dont like that idea, Rooster will win it every time :p

DeletedUser

Most worlds do it... All this would be doing is recognising people who post in the whole forum well, not just within one world forum.

DeletedUser

How about forum awards?

Like we can display awards in-game.. why not have some forum ones too?