Forum Issues!

DeletedUser

Well we want activity right? Also we want funny/constructive comments?

Bronze - 2500 rep
Silver - 5000 rep
Gold - 75000 rep

Bronze - 500 posts
Silver - 1500 posts
Gold - 2500 posts

I don't know where they can go but hopefully somewhere public such as below your post count.

DeletedUser

The rep one seems good to me. Although the numbers are waaaay too high.
Maybe it should just be the caption that appears when you hover over a player's rep but bigger and always there. I think that for new players, they don't know what the green/red bars mean. If it was made more obvious that a player posts good posts, then it may help.

I don't really like the post count one as it will just encourage people to spam to get it. Look at SJ, he is nearing 5000 posts and you can hardly say that all of them were good and constructive? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ALSO want funny/constructive. Not necessarily both :p I don't mind, so long as it's being kept active.

I agree with all of SS points btw.

DeletedUser

Pfft.

Anyway, something one of the newer posters brought up, could the:
"Want to talk Grepolis? Do it here"

Be re-worded to emphasis that it is more for discussions about the game in general rather then for specific questions?

DeletedUser18132

theonlythomas;685885I said:
don't really like the post count one as it will just encourage people to spam to get it. Look at SJ, he is nearing 5000 posts and you can hardly say that all of them were good and constructive? :p

Of course they were constructive and helpful!

DeletedUser

Constructive, rightttttttt

1JfA0

Anyway, on topic slightly. I agree with Thomas it will just encourage spam.

DeletedUser18132

It's constructive because I am helping other people reach the objective of beating skully/iced/daz/Pushty/sas.

DeletedUser6029

Naa i dont like that idea, Rooster will win it every time :p

I don't know, If the mods can be open minded about it, I think they are the ones who see the forum as a whole and maybe every month they can chose the top three THEY think, and then the community votes for them. That way the individuals are trying to garner mod appreciation and not a popularity contest of who is the largest spammer....yes I know this puts me out of the running. Maybe have catagories, (PvP, newspaper, records, etc etc)

and Thomas, stop feeding the trolls, this is a good discussion.

DeletedUser

and Thomas, stop feeding the trolls, this is a good discussion.
How am i feeding the trolls? I just made a point about people spamming...

Mods choosing the top however many posters will just lead to players saying our choices were biased.
That is true... (not that you would be biased, but that people would say that you were)
But if you did nominations etc the whole thing would take too long.

I say just do it between the Titans... There are what? 5 of you. Each one of you picks one person. And do some rule that says a person cannot be entered 2 months running. It means that a wider range of people get a chance at it.

DeletedUser

My grandma used to say: "Rooster, trophies are for people with self esteem issues or winners... so you don't need a trophy Rooster.... now git me some more gin.... or I'll buffalo your backside..."

I just want the forums to remain active... I don't need to be included in any of the contests.... except maybe as a guest judge or counter-example of some kind.

DeletedUser

There is always a lot of life in internal alliance "in-game" forums - even in worlds that seem to be dead from outside (for example "Baris", where 1 comment comes in a week on external forums). Therefore obvious solution would be put external forums page of appropriate world, as a tab in internal "in-game" forums of every alliance in this world without possibility to remove the tab. Of course there should be no additional registration/logging-in to be able write in that tab/world's external forum from "in-game" alliance forums.

Also idea with rewards for "generating content" is nice - and there is no much gold to spend for it. For example, every week there can be rewards 300, 200 and 100 gold for best 3 "content-generators" in every world's sub-forum. Rewards may be awarded for those who got most reputation for postings only in that world's sub-forum during the week and received not less reputation than say 50 "stars" or something during the week.

DeletedUser

There is always a lot of life in internal alliance "in-game" forums -

Not sure about the mechanics involved in that type of change... but from a purely aesthetic view point... that's brilliant... the flow would be more natural than the two separate buttons.

Plus I don't think we need to make the rewards gold (cash) based.... even some favor or silver would be decent motivation.

DeletedUser12667

Day would be pointless... It would just be who could spam the most. It should be about who is posting good quality posts, not just who has posted the most each day/week/month.

You do it monthly so that it is rare, people don't just think- meh, i'll try and win it tomorrow so i can spam today.
You will be judged on your whole month's posts basically... if people feel that they have seen you to be posting good posts in the month, they'll vote for you. If you've just been spamming then you probably won't even make it onto the poll. :p

So that is why i said month and not day. :D

Going by who gets the most +reps, would the spammers have the advantage? And I am not worried if I dont make the poll. Ranking and stats are for the ones who care about what others think. I live by my own code, I dont follow trends or fads. I live and work to a standard I set for myself not what society has set. And yes it is odd to most, but I wonder how many players you can find that have hatred or negative thoughts towards me.

But if posters find awards for +reps they may post with a post that has a more positive and respectful tone. Dont you agree that the externals could use a bit more positive fun?