Passed Forum Privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal

Have the ability to select on a member by member basis who can read/write on what Forums.

Have you checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives?

NO

Reason

Question:
Is this necessary?
Well obviously that would depend on WHO you ask. Now if you ask me I would say yes! reason being is because I like to micro manage and keep things very organized within my alliance.
I have 2 Alliance Councils ( Alliance Council and Security Council) and a forum for each. Unfortunately both Councils can read and write on both Forums even though that is not the intent. Both Councils work independently of each other in some cases and dependently in other cases.

I also have Battle Groups that work independently of other Battle Groups within the alliance and each Battle Group has its own leader. So you could imagine all the Forums that would be necessary to have up.

Question:
Is this an enhancing feature to the game?
Well again obviously that would depend on who you ask. Now if you are asking me I would say yes! Reasons:
1. It would reduce the potential of spies that might have infiltrated the alliance to have access to some of the Forum information that they might want.
2. It would free up the Forums for every individual member because I would be able to select which Forums those members would be able to see.
3. It has the potential to improve activity among more members because there wont be so many Forums for all members to look through (which could often times be a discouraging factor).

Details

What the programmers could do is place an "Edit Forum Authorizations" tab to the left of the "Edit Authorizations: tab that is currently located in the "Alliance" Tab under "Members" tab.

Programmers, what you could do is this. When a Founder/Forum Moderator clicks on the "Edit Forum Authorizations" tab it pulls up the same window that currently pulls up when you click on the "Edit Authorizations" tab BUT this time instead of choosing whether to make that specific member a Founder, Leader, ect. you could put up at the top different Forums so when you scroll down all you have to do is check off which Forums to allow members to read/write.

Visual Aids

In this visual you can see where the new "Edit Forum Authorizations" tab would/could be placed.
Forumidea-1.jpg

Balance

This would make the way we currently use the "Hidden Forums" Authorization, obsolete, because we will now be able to select which Forums could be used on an individual basis.

What we could do is make the "Hidden Forums" Authorization (found in the normal "Edit Authorizations" tab) the ability to delegate to every member which Forums they could read/write on so that the Founder is not overwhelmed with that responsibility.

"Forum Moderators" would still be able to do what they have already been doing except they would only be able to moderate the Forums that they are allowed to read/write.

Abuse Prevention

None can occur that don't already have the potential to happen in the current way things are done.

Only Founders or whoever has "Hidden Forums" Authorizations will be able to delegate the Forum Authorizations so as long as your Founder is trustworthy and has good judgement no new Abuses are expected to occur.

Summary

Allow Founders/Hidden Forum Moderators (new in this idea!) to be able to delegate which Forums are readable/writable on a member by member basis.

I will let you come up with the questions and I will do my best to answer them.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. However I think that the way you are doing it would be confusing for people and would cause problems each time someone wanted to alter things. I think an easier way would be to <1> Define User groups, <2> Define what user groups get access to what forums and <3> Define who is in each user group.

To Resolve this problem I would make the following change to Grepolis as it is now:
<1> New tab in "Alliance" called "Forums" (after "Members"), where downwards has editboxes for 10 user groups and acrosswards lists all of the forums that are available with a save or undo button at the end. The top group (default name "Founders") has disabled checkboxes which are always turned on.
<2> In "Members" tab add a new field for each user "Group".
<3> In Forum Edit, remove the "hidden" field (as all fields become a super group automatically).
<4> All members can see Forums, but only members of Group "Founders" can edit them.

DeletedUser

Yes from me.

However I believe I have heard this idea before but have forgotten the title of the thread. Maybe someone posting later will be able to dig it up.

Until someone finds it, continue as if this was an original idea because I am very unsure as to whether my memory is correct or not in this matter.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. However I think that the way you are doing it would be confusing for people and would cause problems each time someone wanted to alter things. I think an easier way would be to <1> Define User groups, <2> Define what user groups get access to what forums and <3> Define who is in each user group.

To Resolve this problem I would make the following change to Grepolis as it is now:
<1> New tab in "Alliance" called "Forums" (after "Members"), where downwards has editboxes for 10 user groups and acrosswards lists all of the forums that are available with a save or undo button at the end. The top group (default name "Founders") has disabled checkboxes which are always turned on.
<2> In "Members" tab add a new field for each user "Group".
<3> In Forum Edit, remove the "hidden" field (as all fields become a super group automatically).
<4> All members can see Forums, but only members of Group "Founders" can edit them.

I thought about what you said for a day or two but honestly I don't think what I said is all that difficult. It would actually be the same level of difficulty with the changes you suggested. Besides my idea was to make the privileges "individually" based.

What you are proposing is a different idea all together because your proposal is Group based and mine is individual based.

I like the individual concept better. And if the Founder(s) are as good and organized and capable to lead as I am (toot toot lol) this added feature will not be as difficult as one thinks. In addition this feature is not something that the majority of players would be introduced to only members that have the desire to lead will have this ability and responsibility.

Furthermore I would suggest my idea remain as I originally stated BUT thanks for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With this you could take away the access to internal forums box

DeletedUser26213

Seems like a helpful idea, and although it seems somewhat unnecessary, it would help. +rep

DeletedUser

Seems like a helpful idea, and although it seems somewhat unnecessary, it would help. +rep

to be completely honest it does seem slightly unnecessary but if implemented I am sure it would be used and appreciate by players like myself who are creative and look for new ways to organize and experience new features of game play.

DeletedUser

I would actually support this, it would be handy to give some people partial rights etc. I would prefer a more layered forum though, rather than only putting this one perk through to development.

DeletedUser

I would actually support this, it would be handy to give some people partial rights etc. I would prefer a more layered forum though, rather than only putting this one perk through to development.

more layered?

I thought ideas that cost the least and least effort to get setup is the ones that are most likely to be implemented!

DeletedUser

King Zarkon is inactive! Huehuehuehuehuehue... -sends attacks-

On a more serious note, I like the idea, and a hierarchy of access to the alliance forums is needed.

DeletedUser20429

Things like this have been suggested but I think this is by far the best one yet.

DeletedUser

This is a nice idea and I don't know why it is not being implemented...... THUMBS UP

DeletedUser14492

Yep I like it. I have often thought only having the 2 options for leaders to see a forum or all players is too limited.

Ev

Status
Not open for further replies.