God Speak -A New Language

DeletedUser23986

It isn't a mistake whatsoever. Firstly because it is my book and I define the parameters of it. Don't like it? Too bad. I really don't care. Secondly, because one of, if not the, most prominent and influential fantasy authors gave his god a language: Tolkien. Call him wrong. You'll have many more to argue with. And lastly, because any thought, any concept, any idea, any way to communicate with the lower beings in a way they will understand - all use a form of language. Don't like that fact? Then you are living in a fantasy of your own.
i think my question was why are there no new exclamation marks in this language? why does (.) still end the sentence? tell me you didn't miss it but this was intentional...

DeletedUser8396

i think my question was why are there no new exclamation marks in this language? why does (.) still end the sentence? tell me you didn't miss it but this was intentional...

New exclamation marks? What the hell are you even talking about? Do you mean new character symbols?

DeletedUser8396

Actually I did mean exactly that. I even highlighted the (.) in my quote..

That would still fall under new characters.

And sorry for going off at ya. Thought you were agreeing with Hassan al-Sabbah about a god using a language just in a more verbose way.

DeletedUser

Hmm... back to the Gods and the use of language debate. Look - Gods are supernatural beings. Right? Like all supernatural beings they got their status to think about. They can't afford to be seen stooping to the banal, moronic pass times of the rest of us ; like pretzels, beer and LANGUAGE. Once they do that "the mystique vanishes ; the very nature of godliness dissapears and everybody stops believing that they are gods. Right?

Nope. Gods must always have a higher form of communication, something effusive, something abstract; something just beyond the ken of human nature...like...like.... complete silence.

That's it ! Gods communicate in complete silence and then their followers ( or the really smart ones ) interpret the silence into the...

Word-of-God.jpg
.... and that my friends is not how language was created but it was how it became invented :p

DeletedUser8396

Hmm... back to the Gods and the use of language debate. Look - Gods are supernatural beings. Right? Like all supernatural beings they got their status to think about. They can't afford to be seen stooping to the banal, moronic pass times of the rest of us ; like pretzels, beer and LANGUAGE. Once they do that "the mystique vanishes ; the very nature of godliness dissapears and everybody stops believing that they are gods. Right?

Nope. Gods must always have a higher form of communication, something effusive, something abstract; something just beyond the ken of human nature...like...like.... complete silence.

That's it ! Gods communicate in complete silence and then their followers ( or the really smart ones ) interpret the silence into the...

Word-of-God.jpg
.... and that my friends is not how language was created but it was how it became invented :p

Not going to debate theistic philosophy and how it would relate to language...

DeletedUser33530

Word-of-God.jpg
:rolleyes:
Well, in this universe Gods use language :p

Deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator: