Good bye

DeletedUser9465

After more than 2 years of playing I've decided that enough is enough. I thank everybody, friend or adversary, for the amazing game we had. I wish you all the best, both in RL and in game. Again, thank you for the wonderful time we had together playing this game.

DeletedUser

robbyn is not the only 1, most AN members decided to quit, i believe it will bring the end of theta much sooner since not much is going on anyway...
many of us started on Troy, if anyone wants to join us there feel free to message me :)

DeletedUser14492

As with many other quitters, I believe Robbyns decision is premature.

There is much to do and achieve in Theta if players want to. The quitters dont, they now prefer to play on other worlds or sim city in Theta. That is a shame because of course everyone losses out when players quit now as we draw ever nearer to the 300 mark.

Discussions are taking place regarding Merged worlds... who knows what is possible.

It is sad to see a great player leave. I wish you all the best in RL and Grepolis for the future Robbyn.

Ev

DeletedUser

Good bye Robbyn, was honore to play against you ;-)!

Soon more AN and AX main members will ghost as I understand from current situation. Ladys and gents who are still playing this world please think about that. Our best foes will ghost - this will end that Theta we all know for sure. This game would have never been so enjoyable without them. There is way to finish Theta with ending some old agendas and getting some new friends by building those stupid WW together. More big accounts will ghost and we have less people who can carry that task. I really don't care much for WW but this will finalize the end in some way. This has been amazing 2 years we have played together. Maybe not everybody have experienced all sides of battles in extreme way and don't know how time- and nerve consuming this game can be. That extreme occupation in game was so hard to tolerate some times that it gave me real boost of adrenalin and made the game enjoyable. This pressure has gone now. For me at least.

So what I ask, can we end Theta by making one big alliance with 5 WW like Aryra proposed in her letter earlier ?
I think we need to make some kind a voting
I say YES

DeletedUser14492

Umm there is nothing left in Theta but ghosts, so if ghost fighting is your thing, sure stay as long as you like.

Your eyesight must be poor... there are plenty of red dots on my screen.

My point is that those who are quitting with the excuse that Theta is dead, are premature (though it will be soon I suppose). And if their excuse is they are bored cos there are no enemies to fight, they are wrong on that count as well, it is just another excuse.

There are plenty of enemies to fight and that has never changed. Clearly as more and more people leave this will become more of an issue (it already is)... but anyone quitting up to this point for these reasons is making an excuse, because all they need to do is choose to fight... as many still are.

Of course many leave for personal reasons and I have no problem with that. If your bored fine, its your time.

All I was saying is I think it is premature cos I believe there was and is still much fun to be had in Theta, problem is that 3 or 4 large alliances that used to be at war stopped fighting... so its not that there are no enemies etc, there are if you choose to fight.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know Ev, I don't think Robbyn actually shared the reason why he quit.

DeletedUser14492

I never said he did Z, we are talking in general terms here.

Players have made their reasons for leaving clear, citing boredom or that the world is dead the most common excuse...

Ev

DeletedUser

well another reason is that rebuilding troops in so many cities is consuming too much time, add this to the fact we had enough of theta anyway and i think it is good enough reason to quit...

DeletedUser19042

+1 to that.

You can't deny that the world is "almost" dead. I used to have daily attacks, if I now reach one a week, I call myself lucky.
Plus, the rebuilding takes to long. And you don't gain anything with it anyway...Lose a city? Who cares...I got 14 open slots...So if someone takes a city I get one back the same day...not worth rebuilding anymore...
And everyone has grown so big, you are lucky if you can still take a city from someone, unless the other one didn't defend or wasn't online.
Except for these reasons it's impossible to take a city...(alone)

So agree or not, Theta isn't fun anymore. We should end it. On the way like ayrya proposed.

And maybe you didn't notice ev. But it's the truth that AN agreed on a ghost. So, what will you do when they are gone? We are the only ones left for you to fight. In my eyes, and apparently also those of RKH, end of AN is the end of Theta. Coz, who will you fight then? AC? they are dead a long time ago...
TP? ooops, allied, and much stronger. No chance for TC. JW? allies plus; Not a chance...LoL, to far...

DeletedUser14492

I think you have made the mistake of thinking we care jorisva. I didnt mean to give that impression. We are not worried about having no enemies to fight.

The situation is changing rapidly. Up until recently there were still plenty of battles to be had. Just cos some folk gave up, not everyone did or has.

I am well aware that Theta is almost dead and has been declining for many months, its not exactly news so I am not sure what your point is. Frankly I thought it would ended sooner. Ive made my point, those that left/are leaving have done so too early, when there was much fun still to be had if they had wanted it, its just an opinion.

Of course you are correct, if the enemy leaves, there is no enemy to fight unless you make more, and its a bit late in the day to bother about that either way.

Ev

DeletedUser8790

Welcome Back, LOL. GO TP I hope you beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my old friends,

We all know Theta is about to end. Two years and a half of great battles, intense competition and great camaraderie deserve a great finale to be remembered in the world of Grepolis. The time to fight has past my friends, now is the time for us to unite in one great alliance, build the wonders and win this world together, as friends. Each and every one of you proved himself on the battlefield time and time again. Now is the time to prove that we can all collaborate to achieve greatness. I urge you to forget about the past differences and join your forces to achieve this final goal. Let's all, together, win Theta as THETAN UNITED FIGHTERS!

Murgash, known to most of you as Robbyn44

DeletedUser

Welcome Back, LOL. GO TP I hope you beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my old friends,

We all know Theta is about to end. Two years and a half of great battles, intense competition and great camaraderie deserve a great finale to be remembered in the world of Grepolis. The time to fight has past my friends, now is the time for us to unite in one great alliance, build the wonders and win this world together, as friends. Each and every one of you proved himself on the battlefield time and time again. Now is the time to prove that we can all collaborate to achieve greatness. I urge you to forget about the past differences and join your forces to achieve this final goal. Let's all, together, win Theta as THETAN UNITED FIGHTERS!

Murgash, known to most of you as Robbyn44

What you talkin' bout willis???

DeletedUser9465

Hateful to the end callinects? Too bad...
Anyway, this alliance is open for everyone who wants to join it, with some minor exceptions.

DeletedUser8790

Hateful to the end callinects? Too bad...
Anyway, this alliance is open for everyone who wants to join it, with some minor exceptions.

Hatred?, No Joy, You finally see the light!!! and you are racing for world wonders. If it took getting rid of the core w.w. folks to do it so be it. We can sit back watch the fireworks and eat some popcorn. I am glad you finally have seen the light Halleluja! This house is clean..... to bad you could not have figured this out 6 months ago :eek:

DeletedUser9465

Seems you forgot (as did some others) that the idea of the supper-alliance to end the server by building the wonders was part of the WW agreement since the very beginning. Or maybe you honestly didn't know. But others did know and now they are acting like they never agreed to such a thing.

DeletedUser8790

Seems you forgot (as did some others) that the idea of the supper-alliance to end the server by building the wonders was part of the WW agreement since the very beginning. Or maybe you honestly didn't know. But others did know and now they are acting like they never agreed to such a thing.

Wow others playing a strategy war game as a strategy/war game, what a concept. I think it could work....Maybe....

DeletedUser9465

I am pretty sure it won't. Also, you seem to think that deceiving = strategy. Might be so sometimes, but not always. And there is acceptable deceiving and unacceptable deceiving. To make it simple for you: is acceptable to deceive your enemies, but is completely unacceptable to deceive your allies. At least where I'm standing. Also, if you gave your word to do something, even to your enemies or rather especially to your enemies, is unacceptable to take it back when it fits you. Something I am sure you won't agree.