Great Wars?

DeletedUser

Just thought I'd try and give the Delta forums a little more life by starting this topic.

Which alliances do you think would make the best wars? Explain.

DeletedUser

Are you still in Angels of Venegance on Epsilon? Off topic but I'm just wondering

DeletedUser

Well, first to answer your question, I think a war between the Huns and The Forgotten Phoenix would be an interesting one.

Now, did you know? The greatest alliance war ever fought was between the Usins and the Themins? The Themins were an aweful bunch, run by a guy called fatherinlaw, who was so nasty that it was once rumored that after he used the outhouse, even the flies would leave. But from what I have been told, the Themins were not always a terrible group. Actually, they were a peaceful bunch until fatherinlaw decided to attack the Cous tribe and force the leader of that tribe to surrender his daughter, to be wed to fatherinlaw. Once that happened, their offspring were referred to as, yup you guessed it, the Cousins. Well, one day as the leader of the Usins tribe (Darkslayer) was down at the local Biremes R Us, checking out a new ship, this fine lookin babe walks up and they hit it off right away. A year later they wed and started producing a new tribe, the Youngins.
Now, for five years, Darkslayer, being a wise leader, worked hard to build the Usins empire, forming naps in many oceans and building great cities, a vast army, and a huge Navy. This made fatherinlaw very jealous. So he devised a plan. He would send a spy (a cousin) to infiltrate Darkslayers vast empire, and to see if there was any way he could overthrow Darkslayer. And his plan just might have worked if it had not been for one fatal mistake. Little did he realize that with Darkslayer gone all the time, working to build his empire, that his queen, yes, fatherinlaws own daughter, would become lonely and would run off with the cousin. Well, this lead to the greatest war in history. Darkslayer spent tons of gold persuading the atturnee tribe to join in the battle. So much so, that in the end, he ended up selling off his entire empire. But in the end, Darkslayer was victorious. Because after it was all said and done, he was able to keep the Youngins. Fatherinlaw ended up with nothing, except having his daughter move back in, with the useless cousin tagging along, and fatherinlaw ending up having to support both of them. Aint life grand! LOL

DeletedUser

Yeah whatever mate TFP vs The Huns are you having a bubble bath! LOL I respect both alliances but there would only be 1 outcome to that war!

DeletedUser

Actually, if you want to get technical, the Huns against ANYONE would only have one outcome. But what I was referring to was the fact that TFP seems to be a well organized alliance, and in my opinion would put up a strong fight.

DeletedUser

To answer you tyroncs, no I am not in Epsilon anymore you could have checked Grepo stats. I got conquested so the alliance leadership was passed on.

DeletedUser

Actually, if you want to get technical, the Huns against ANYONE would only have one outcome. But what I was referring to was the fact that TFP seems to be a well organized alliance, and in my opinion would put up a strong fight.

guys I think you are missing the fact that a war cannot happen if two alliance are based too far from each other.

to win a war you must be able to conquer cities

to conquer a city you must be closer than 48 hours with a colony ship( about the width of 1 ocean.)

the huns and the forgotten phoenix are too far apart to wage war.

DeletedUser3288

me + sunwolf + evensmang + dingy vs all = daniejam + sunwolf + evensmang + dingy is winner.

DeletedUser

You know what would be great? The Huns suddenly experience leadership issues and split into two equal (point-wise) alliances: "The" and "Huns." Then, these two factions wage a war. They both collide and explode the world of delta. The aftermath leaves thousands of chunks of The Huns which smaller alliances gobble up. Why is this awesome?

1. No more giant super powerful Huns.
2. Would be fun to watch.
3. Would hand the power over to smaller alliances than the huns.
4. Would give delta a new age.
5. It's not gonna happen.

DeletedUser

I got one for ya

I got one for ya and this one has just been made official.

Disciples of Ares Declares war on Band of Misfits: See official war Declaration posted in new thread.

number 2 vs number 3

I hope this livens up the forum and gives everyone soemthing to talk about.

fortyfour

DeletedUser

I fear this war will not be great enough to shake up this world. BoM hardly has a chance with the huns being involved, and the rest of us just sitting on the sidelines watching yet another powerful alliance that could have been our last hope be dashed.

Look, if you think the forgotten phoenix can challenge the current power structure, why wait? you are never going to have a better time. DoA is busy with the merry band, and so that arm of the huns will be tied.

DeletedUser

I got one for ya and this one has just been made official.

Disciples of Ares Declares war on Band of Misfits: See official war Declaration posted in new thread.

number 2 vs number 3

I hope this livens up the forum and gives everyone soemthing to talk about.

fortyfour

You Mean Number 1 2 and 6 vs number 3

DeletedUser

You Mean Number 1 2 and 6 vs number 3

You ever wonder what the game designers were thinking when they didnt implement something to prevent that from happening? I mean no disrespect to any of the alliances mentioned, but really, what were these designers thinking? Of course the outcome would be obvious if all the big teams joined together, anyone can see that. But dont you think it is somewhat self destructive? For example, and I will use imaginary alliances, because my point isnt really about anyone playing but more about the logistics of the game. So, the A-Team and the B-Team form a bond and start attacking, C-team, D-Team, and so on. Well, C-Team is way out numbered and lose, so they quit, I mean after-all, why play when the odds are pitted so badly against you? And then D-Team, E-Team, and so on,,Eventually, it comes down to the only ones left are A-Team and B-Team, and the game slowly dies. And if you dont think it is possible, I can give examples of games where that is exactly what has happened, but out of respect for Grepolis, I wont mention the the ones they arent affiliated with. But, you can go into the Tribal Wars forum and read it for yourself. That is exactly what is happening. Kinda sad too because Tribal Wars is a pretty cool game. I have experienced it here myself. Many of the players in my alliance have just up and quit the game entirely because of the fact of knowing that once a big guy sets his sights on you, its over. You will end up having to start all over again. I understand these are war games, but someone needs to think about the smaller players, or this game will slowly die off too, and I for one dont want to see that happen.

Anyway, like I said, I mean no disrespect to anyone, it just makes me wonder what they were thinking when they designed these games. If it were me, I would want to try and keep the new players around, not have them quit after a few weeks because the odds are severely against them.

DeletedUser

You ever wonder what the game designers were thinking when they didnt implement something to prevent that from happening? I mean no disrespect to any of the alliances mentioned, but really, what were these designers thinking? Of course the outcome would be obvious if all the big teams joined together, anyone can see that. But dont you think it is somewhat self destructive? For example, and I will use imaginary alliances, because my point isnt really about anyone playing but more about the logistics of the game. So, the A-Team and the B-Team form a bond and start attacking, C-team, D-Team, and so on. Well, C-Team is way out numbered and lose, so they quit, I mean after-all, why play when the odds are pitted so badly against you? And then D-Team, E-Team, and so on,,Eventually, it comes down to the only ones left are A-Team and B-Team, and the game slowly dies. And if you dont think it is possible, I can give examples of games where that is exactly what has happened, but out of respect for Grepolis, I wont mention the the ones they arent affiliated with. But, you can go into the Tribal Wars forum and read it for yourself. That is exactly what is happening. Kinda sad too because Tribal Wars is a pretty cool game. I have experienced it here myself. Many of the players in my alliance have just up and quit the game entirely because of the fact of knowing that once a big guy sets his sights on you, its over. You will end up having to start all over again. I understand these are war games, but someone needs to think about the smaller players, or this game will slowly die off too, and I for one dont want to see that happen.

Anyway, like I said, I mean no disrespect to anyone, it just makes me wonder what they were thinking when they designed these games. If it were me, I would want to try and keep the new players around, not have them quit after a few weeks because the odds are severely against them.

That is why new worlds are created ;)

Also A and B team will get bored and fight each other. It will always continue.

DeletedUser

That is why new worlds are created ;)

Also A and B team will get bored and fight each other. It will always continue.

First, I just read your reply in the "What if someone pulled a gun " thread,,,and it put a big smile on my face,,lol.

But as far as "New Worlds", I wonder if anyone actually follows the statistics on them. Again, I wont mention the name because it isnt an affiliate, but they did that too. I run a very large alliance on server "A". Well, they opened a new world on server "B" and I can see that months after it opened, it is nowhere near what server "A" was. It just seems to me that if they used a more structured environment, then they would be able to retain far more players. Getting new players is relatively easy. Keeping those players, one would think would help the longevity of the game. Plus it would make the game far more challenging, even for the big players.

DeletedUser

Darkslayer I've got one word for you mate NaTaRaJa. Who would have ever saw that coming? Anything can happen at any time bud this world is far from finished.