Closed Grep Quiz round 2

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok round 2 for our quiz. The scores will be cumulative giving those who participated in round 1 an advantage but there will be 2 prizes for the best players who only complete round 2 so there is still all to play for.

Prizes:
1st 4000 Gold
2nd 2000 Gold
3rd 1000 Gold

Plus 1000 Gold for best score in round 2 for a player that has not won either of top 3 prizes.

1-3 Help of the neried tokens will also be given to all winners and some runners up (this is 1 city not the ritual).

As before please post ans below. This competition finishes at 9pm london time on 30th July.

Round 2

1 a)If you have a bandits camp at 95/100 and 3 cities what happens if the city on the bandit camp island is taken?
b) Which bandit quest gives you 100 gold?

2. a) How can a quest help save your city from an incoming CS (revolt and conquest) or a conquering CS (conquest only).
b) When does this not apply? 2 points

3. What can be seen in the middle of Romvi and Samos but will never be seen in Poros? Ans M 1 point.

4. If I am playing Domination and have a base in north east 44, in which direction should I and my alliance expand to maximise my chances in the endgame.

5. On Olympus worlds you first conquer small temples
a) On speed 2 how soon is this after the world starts?
b) What, in your opinion, is the most valuable small temple and why.
c) How many Large temples can one alliance own?
d) What benefit applies to all Large Temples? 2 points

6. This is a possible layout for a bireme city. Assuming I research plow and build 1 slow trans, 1 lightship, 5 sirens and 22 Swords:

bir city.png

a) How many biremes can I build?
b) Why did I build 22 swords?
c) Why did I build Sirens?

7. What is the name of our newest world?

8. If I want to kill hoplites which ground unit is the most effective (excluding myths)?

9. a) Why are ‘ritual’ spells so valuable?
b)What is your favourite ritual spell?
c)Name 4 rituals.

10. Which competition is a witch’s favourite?

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
One day to go here. Low participation so once again a good chance of a prize if you enter.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok comp closed and the answers:

1 a)If you have a bandits camp at 95/100 and 3 cities what happens if the city on the bandit camp island is taken? - Ans the camp moves to the city that was taken next, the city you have held for the next longest time. 2 points

b) Which bandit quest gives you 100 gold? Ans level 100. 1 point

2. a) How can a quest help save your city from an incoming CS (revolt and conquest) or a conquering CS (conquest only).
Ans - anything which talks of valid benefits to your city. I was thinking of the ability to dodge troops when you want to rest etc and that they can then be recalled if you wake up to a CS landing. 2 points

b) When does this not apply? 2 points Ans: So here looking at use of troops when theres an incoming CS you can't recall troops if you only own one city. 1 point

3. What can be seen in the middle of Romvi and Samos but will never be seen in Poros? Ans M 1 point. Here I accidentally left the answer in. Unbelievably only 2 people actually got this right!!!! 1 point

4. If I am playing Domination and have a base in north east 44, in which direction should I and my alliance expand to maximise my chances in the endgame. Ans: The Dom circle expands outwards from the centre so I was really looking for South West. South gets 1 point, South west gets 2.

5. On Olympus worlds you first conquer small temples
a) On speed 2 how soon is this after the world starts? Ans 51 days (slow), 38 days (regular), 25 days (fast). 3 points
b) What, in your opinion, is the most valuable small temple and why. All sensible ans accepted. 1 point
c) How many Large temples can one alliance own? Ans: 2 1 point
d) What benefit applies to all Large Temples? Ans: 50 extra pop 1 point

6. This is a possible layout for a bireme city. Assuming I research plow and build 1 slow trans, 1 lightship, 5 sirens and 22 Swords:

bir city.png

a) How many biremes can I build? Ans: 488 3 points - 2 ponts within 5
b) Why did I build 22 swords? Ans: Trips 2 points
c) Why did I build Sirens? Ans: For extra timing chances 2 points

7. What is the name of our newest world? Ans Thassos 1 point

8. If I want to kill hoplites which ground unit is the most effective (excluding myths)? Ans Slingers 1 point

9. a) Why are ‘ritual’ spells so valuable? Ans They can be shared with the whole alliance, they are more powerful than normal spells 2 points
b)What is your favourite ritual spell? Ans: Anything sensible 2 points
c)Name 4 rituals. Ans 4 points
- Demoralising Plague

- Divine Aura
- Divine Intervention
- Passionate Pop
- Summoning of Nereids
- Chain Lightning

- Sudden Aid
- Suffering and mourning
- Wedding for Aristocrats

10. Which competition is a witch’s favourite? Ans: Incantation Circle - Any ans that references competition at Halloween 2 points

I will work out the winners and post in a bit.

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok that took some working out! Everyone named below receives 3 x help of the nerieds (message me to tell me the world to claim)

The overall winner of comp 1 and 2 is @thunder123 4000 gold
2nd is @Finegold who actually beat thunder in round 2 by 1 point. 2000 gold
3rd is a tie so I will give the gold to both @Ellippo and @jerichoe1231 1000 gold

Then the winner of round 2 @Moon Breathing who in reality would have come 4th overall 1000 gold

Then participants of round 2 receiving 3 x help of the nerieds
@unclefart1
@Napoleon Bonaparte
@Red-Haired Shanks
@LordOfDeathX (interesting set of ans!)
@Oblivious Death
@Palistus

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Also one player said my academy was too low for plough in the bireme city - thats true but you can build your academy and research what you want and then either knock it down (provided you have spare research points) or get someone to cast lightening and get the academy down that way (may take time). To maximise troops you need to build cities with maximum efficiency.