Grepo: Current problems that need to be solved

Discussion in 'Player's Council /Community Discussion' started by Varun, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Forwandert

Forwandert Phrourach

You don't need to roll back everyone back. Just provide the .apk to players that want the option provided they turn off auto updates on play store can roll back. Doesn't even need to be via play store. Just requires the apk available for download somewhere. You only need to adjust one setting for a minute if that to accept non marketplace apps on android. Provided they haven't coded anything into it to force you to update.

The current option isn't viable in anyway. Especially when two different operating systems now have different variations of the app notification sounds. Any idea how much fun it is to wake up to a notification in the middle of the night grab your phone for it to be an email?

People are quitting or hitting vm because of these issues. It's not fun internalling 100+ city players for weeks because someone ain't putting enough focus into a bug fix. There's no point even mentioning the same thing over and over to support they can't help.

2. Michael Cook

Michael Cook Chiliarch

It's now March 20, 2018 and the alarm bug is STILL NOT repaired.

3. Zyrd

Zyrd Lochagos

This one is simple; app alarms should be removed from the game, once and forever. Nobody sane wakes up at nights because somebody launched an attack on him in a game. The devs should really think of how to make app alarms unnecessary in the game, not how to implement app alarms on devices.

4. The DeamonBG

The DeamonBG Phrourach

Hmm, you again. I seem to be reading the most rediculous comments today, and all from you, as I said in the Talos topic - go to FARMVILLE. Anyone who has a 5:1 ratio Points:Battle Points, you don't deserve to have reached 100+ cities. People should have abused the absence of that alarm in your playstyle and should have deleted you repeatedly.

5. dadofwildthang

dadofwildthang Phrourach

No Problem here just disable your attack alarm...
    you dont need a developer to turn it off.... you can do that 1 yourself[​IMG]

As well if the volume is up the wife tells me I am being attacked

TobiramaSenju likes this.
  6. Zyrd

Zyrd Lochagos

I am sorry, I did not want to hurt your feelings. Still I play the game as I like to play, and if it hurts you, you better go to farmville or whatever.

7. Stykrk agi

Stykrk agi Peltast

The app needs updated. Server time is a need not a want in this game. We need to lead a coalition of one staring the app in playstore so the devolpers finnally take notice. Can someone make a forum so everyone sees this idea. Im new to the forums so im not sure how they work. I joined just for this. Please spread the word and lets see ifbwe can get change. Thank you

8. Zarun

Zarun Phrourach

So I was reading about the new dominance endgame (google the grepolis devblog if you wanna read about it) and at first I was excited.

But then I started thinking about the main problem with this game at the moment: the fact that endgames are generally 2 or more top alliances trying to beat another top 5 alliance that tends to be more skilled, by using sheer numbers.

I think many can admit this scenario happens in world after world. Dominance is only going to increase this problem, possibly by orders of magnitude. If city count/slots are what wins the game then having a sister alliance (or sisters) feeding you points and cities will be the path to victory. Making it even easier to win a server by numbers than ever before, instead of skill.

Quality over Quantity had something around 50% of the top 30 players in Abdera, but still lost after nearly winning because it was 40 players vs 300.

OldDragon and J.n.c 93 like this.
  9. Kal Gordon

Kal Gordon

I can appreciate that point of view, however Domination should see fewer multi-branch alliances in the late game. In Domination, there is only 1 "victory" - attaining and holding the threshold percentage of cities in the valid area. There is no second-stage of victory, like the crown for 7/7 wonders, that can be rotated to multiple branches of players. So in the end, only 1 branch of players can get a win of any form. Therefore there is no incentive for people to play in a supporting branch and feed cities to the main branch, as they will not get anything in return at the end.

We may still see a lot of multi-branch alliances and MRAs early on, so that teams have lots of internals to feast on for quick growth. But as the endgame nears, there is no reason to play in an academy/supporting branch, so leaders will find it hard to actually maintain/recruit members for those extra branches.

10. ZUES had returned

ZUES had returned Phrourach

That is key.
    I've played for 7 years or so now.

Majority of the old school players quit soon after the alarm was updated because we used to stay up late waiting for someone to go offline, or sneak a CS in. But with the alarm the whole - 'SUPRISE' element is removed. Send an attack while someones asleep. They wake up - dodge. Back to sleep. Wake up - Snipe, sleep.
    This becomes extremely boring. EXTREMELY. It also becomes extremely unfair too. All its done is make a balanced game - unbalanced.

Especially with instant troop building (instead of the 50% reduction of cost) using gold in simple build a nuke in less than an hour. Where as before even with the 50% reduction it took 1-2 days, which evened the playing field for none gold users/gold users.

Add these together, you get a gold user waking up to an alarm (thanks to app), seeing a CS incoming and builds up to full using gold. First couple of times its like yeah, GG, work better as a team. But then it just gets boring. Gets boring = Less players.

I for one used to buy gold and use it on advisers or on special occasions, but due to how abusive it is now, i've stopped because these little benefits have no effect. I know im not the only one which probably decreased the turn-over for INNO.

These implements (yes I know they need to make money) are kicking the F2P side out, and becoming P2P / 24/7 Players.

I think most people will call for the APP alarm to be removed. (not the app) just the push notifications for an attack.

11. FutbolTango

FutbolTango Hekatontarch

Well said...@Kalgordon

dadofwildthang likes this.
  12. FutbolTango

FutbolTango Hekatontarch

Just talking about poor customer support, I just had another experience. Seriously guys, we love Grepolis. Is it possible that they hire consultants and psychologists and tell them how to handle people.