grex' Tools - Statistics, Traveltimes, Attackplanner

DeletedUser

Hi there,

I'd like to present my work here.
Located at http://grepolis.gamestats.org, I've set up a couple of tools which might be helpful to you while playing Grepolis.

The main features on the page are:
- Daily statistics
- Player/Ally comparison
- Traveltime calculator
- Attack planner
- Tops/Flops of the Day

Here some further descriptions & explanations:

Daily statistics
Player- & allystats are updated at around 1 o'clock. After that, the new stats are compared to the stats of yesterday and the Tops/Flops of the Day are calculated and shown on the main page. To find a player's stats, you can easily type in his name on the top right of the page, called "Quicksearch".

Player/Ally comparison
Do you want to proove that you're growing faster than your neighbours? On GameStats, you can compare up to 10 players or alliances at the same time. For a better overview, there will be a table as well as a flash chart and a list of all coordinates of the compared players.

Traveltime calculator
I have created a nifty traveltime calculator which is very helpful for planning attacks. To use this tool, you have to enter the first 3-4 letters of a town name and then a dropdown list with all matching towns will appear. Then, just select one of them. After you have selected the start- and targettown, press calculate to see the result.

Attack planner
This is a further development of the traveltime calculator, where you can plan you attacks together with your ally. It is very similar to the ones you might know already from TW.

Have fun using this page!

Regards,
grex

DeletedUser

I finally have a formula for the travel times but where does it come from?
I assume the 60 is to turn everything to seconds, but then why when a village is on your island you multiply by 600 or 1200 if another island :s

I don't really have time to figure things out now :( and probably don't have the ability to do it either :D

DeletedUser

Sorry, but I worked too long figuring out the formula to just release it now.. just because I want my site to be special with features which nobody else have.
But as a little hint, try to subtract 900 seconds from all values (It's kind of a malus, added to all traveltimes to human towns).

PS: World Beta is available now :)

Regards,
grex

DeletedUser

Sorry, but I worked too long figuring out the formula to just release it now.. just because I want my site to be special with features which nobody else have.
But as a little hint, try to subtract 900 seconds from all values (It's kind of a malus, added to all traveltimes to human towns).

PS: World Beta is available now :)

Regards,
grex
Ah thats why farm towns a shorter, but it still leaves the travel times formula unknown :)
I can understand why you won't release it, if I really want I will get it eventually, but tbh I don't really have the time for it.

DeletedUser90

The travel time formula is no secret, if anyone's interested feel free to PM me. It's subject to change at any point in time however.

DeletedUser

This is a welcome addition for the game, nice work!

Oh, an error with the village-links: it's supposed to be .com, not .net :)

For example, http://en2.grepolis.net/game/map?target_town_id=234&town_id=0 should be http://en2.grepolis.com/game/map?target_town_id=234&town_id=0

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, that's a really useful website :p

I'll most certainly be a frequent visitor ;)

DeletedUser

Nope, everything is working fine. Since you asked the same thing in another thread I assume you had connection problems.

Regards,
grex

DeletedUser

to avoid that, i'm providing some diffent things like traveltimes and so on.

DeletedUser

Great complement to grepostats: thanks!

Edit: Why do you say in the website that the signature doesn't work with the official forums? Did you mean in-game?

2nd Edit: OK, I get it: the image is too high for a sig...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Translation

Are you planning translate your website to other languages?

Btw, it's great website.:)

DeletedUser

Are you planning translate your website to other languages?

Btw, it's great website.:)

Yes, but it may take some time. You can write me a PN if you want to help me with translations :)
I've got a easy-to-use tool to do so.

What does the 'hits' mean? Is it attacks or conquers?

hits mean 'requests on your profile page' on my page.

Regards,
grex

DeletedUser

Broken?

The tool for traveltimes always calculates as:

Duration: 0:00:00 h

for me.

I am using Firefox 3.58.

I tried it also in an IE Tab and it is worse there...

The Attack planner calculates the trip time as:

2010-03-07 21:30:39 2010-03-07 21:30:39 23:58:59 duration.

This almost must be wrong.

I am trying to use the english version.

DeletedUser

Simply great web site :) congratulation
are you going to develope it for italian grepolis too :D because i play there too and a such tool would be fantastic
In any case again congratulation

DeletedUser

When I go on the site it is in German. Is that normal or is my ip messed up or something?