Beginner Grey's Shop

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I consider myself "semi-competent" with GIMP so I'd thought I'd give a shop a go :D

Type: Ava/Sig/CoA
Theme:
Recommended images:
Any effects:

I would like it if you kept the sig/ava on for 3 days, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will order to get this shop started :D
I will use it with mine

Type sig
Theme: Foxes
Effects: up to you

DeletedUser46838

Sig
Picture: a bunch of purple Rocks
Text 1: Rock5 ( write this in cursive)
Text 2: Annoying Grepolis Forums since 2013 ( do this in a bold awesome text)

Avvy:
Picture: A bunch of purple Rocks
Text: Rocking the Forums

DeletedUser

Ahahaha - I just finished them

Sig -
2CkNH6v.png

Ava -
H79g0zr.png

http://i.imgur.com/H79g0zr.png

Tell me if you want them changed.

DeletedUser46838

Good job on the Sig and Avvy. I like them. +rep

Since I am on my ipad would you mind giving me the link to the sig?

DeletedUser46912

Type: sig
Theme: Lions
Text: Kylehob
Text 2: Biggest Noob Ever
Recommended images: None.
Any effects:

Take your time, a noob like me can wait :D

DeletedUser

Grey, i don't want to sound like an a-hole, but u are sooo sure of yourself. Let me ask/pinpoint some probs in your work
1. - VERY VERY WOW, similar color on similar color.Come on now....
2. Same with text, come on :)
3.....there is not 3rd.....

Grey, let me ask u this:

Would you pay real money for the art that you do?

DeletedUser

Grey, let me ask u this:

Would you pay real money for the art that you do?

No. I wouldn't. But I wouldn't pay real money for yours, to be completely honest. I am sure others would, but I don't wish for money to do something that I consider a hobby. And actually, if someone likes my work, I am happy with myself. I wouldn't turn someone away because I am sure they are a 'troll'.

DeletedUser

Grey, i don't know who u r, or what u stand for, but i refuse to make sig stating "annoying forums since...." With all due respect, more power to you.

Dear Grey,

2CkNH6v.png

is not even near your capabilities. Why do you spent 3 seconds on the art and even call yourself a "beginner" ?
Your words: "i am semi competent with Gimp", u r not sir. If you want me to "love" you, then show some real work, where u put your heart into, or at least 1 hour of work.

Grey, u know.... when i was green, i did not even publish my work, i trained, studied, experimented, when you put your "work", at least know the color wheel and sup/neg colors.

It hurts me to see "another" artist, who can do better, but don't want to.

DeletedUser

It hurts me to see another artist who hates on other artists, then wonders why no-one tries or even comes onto this side of the forum anymore.

And no - I do not want you to "love me". I want to try different things. There is a reason that that 'Beginner' tab is there at the top. So crawl back into your own thread and stop bugging me. Let me try what I want to - and don't ever come and complain here again.

And actually - that took me a good 30 mins. Just to try and make it better. If he wanted it changed, I would have changed it.

I have tried to learn new things. But if this is what I get from the 'elite' - then forget it.

DeletedUser30636

Grey, i don't know who u r, or what u stand for, but i refuse to make sig stating "annoying forums since...." With all due respect, more power to you.

Dear Grey,

2CkNH6v.png

is not even near your capabilities. Why do you spent 3 seconds on the art and even call yourself a "beginner" ?
Your words: "i am semi competent with Gimp", u r not sir. If you want me to "love" you, then show some real work, where u put your heart into, or at least 1 hour of work.

Grey, u know.... when i was green, i did not even publish my work, i trained, studied, experimented, when you put your "work", at least know the color wheel and sup/neg colors.

XT, as you probably know im a big fan of your art, when ever i need anything done your usually the person i go to.

Im also sure that art isnt a hobby for you. correct me if im wrong but graphic design is your job no?

I just think your being a little unfair here. Constructive criticism is always nice, but your coming off rude and immature. If he does this for fun and the people who he makes the art for like it, then who cares right?

DeletedUser46838

It hurts me to see another artist who hates on other artists, then wonders why no-one tries or even comes onto this side of the forum anymore.

And no - I do not want you to "love me". I want to try different things. There is a reason that that 'Beginner' tab is there at the top. So crawl back into your own thread and stop bugging me. Let me try what I want to - and don't ever come and complain here again.

And actually - that took me a good 30 mins. Just to try and make it better. If he wanted it changed, I would have changed it.

I have tried to learn new things. But if this is what I get from the 'elite' - then forget it.

Your art is fantastic...I will come back soon enough

DeletedUser

Funny thing is, XTC has been doing this stuff for years now and he's still not great.

Also, shrefty, I honestly doubt he does this for a living, and if he does he's either extremely cheap or does it for friends/familiy. Most of his "official" stuff looks like it's meant for some random indie dev who can't afford an actual artist anyways. For professional standards he's still terrible. His website (which he can't even afford a custom domain for) advertises web design amongst other things while the website look absolutely horrible. That did make me chuckle. :p

Just keep it up Greygnarl, we all started somewhere and you'll improve in no-time.

DeletedUser30636

yea your probably right. Just based off seeing how rude he is lately to people. I probably wont order from him again. When he wants to start being polite and respectful, maybe then ill consider. But i'd rather learn how to use a program like photoshop or gimp and make one myself now.

DeletedUser

I started GFX this September and I remember that I was a total noob when I started. My signatures looked terrible. Over the months I have been constantly learning new techniques and it has really made my end results improve dramatically. Opening a beginner shop is a great way to gain experience and improve.
But remember not to keep doing the same techniques and signatures every time. Test out different features with GIMP. See what works and what doesn't. Also read some tutorials, they can be very helpful.

Here is a tutorial that really helped me early on: http://www.crazyim.com/threads/beginner-eminem-signature-tutorial-gimp.333/. And you don't have to exactly follow tutorials everytime you make a sig, and all your sigs don't have to look like the ones in that tutorial. But I've found that tutorials are most helpful in teaching you concepts.

Just keep doing GFX Grey! You are way better than I was when I first started :D

2m3gznl.jpg