Halloween 2013 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser21774

I guess I missed the point. I clicked the window. Everything looked like you needed gold.

Then I went to the announcements and started watching a video - which introduced island quests, not gold. So I went to my islands and saw no quests for any of them.

Just back from VM. I must have adhd or something. If y'all say its fun, I'll take your word for it.

DeletedUser24285

Just too complicated - I don't do Quests anyways (too expensive when you have a large number of cities) - and there is just too much to read. Can we follow the KISS principle in future?

DeletedUser

It is a fairly simple concept...
Collect the ingredients by completing island quests.
Combine resources in the new window to create rewards.

DeletedUser42407

Just too complicated - I don't do Quests anyways (too expensive when you have a large number of cities) - and there is just too much to read. Can we follow the KISS principle in future?

I am fairly sure that means Keep-It-Simple-Sherlock. I personally think this idea is simple and effective. I approve of it.

DeletedUser31385

I am doing great day one half way and I have 1/4 of the recipes without using any gold.

DeletedUser21774

It's been hours since my post. Are there supposed to be quests. I haven't seen one all day. I sent a ticket to support and they were like... just visit this site.

I've been back to them... sent a screen shot of my city list showing NO QUESTS. So, is there a secret involved? It's looking like I'm going to have to give this event a pass as the choice is largely out of my hands anyway.

Thanks to the programmers - and its a cute video.

DeletedUser

Island Quest frequency has slowly been dropping to the point where now with this event I've seen only 1 a day where I use to have 3 and 4 Island Quests per day. But if you want to spend gold....

Good old corporate greed has kicked in again.... So I will only be doing the event from what I get from island quests which will set me up at a disadvantage to the gold spenders... Thank You Gepolis of unbalancing the game yet again, between those who have deep pockets and those that don't.

DeletedUser41566

Quests number per day depends on the player networth. The higher it is the less quests you get. Which does kind of make sense in normal circumstances. However, now it denies the player with over 100k nw the possibility to brew 45 recipes needed for one more city slot without heavy gold spending.

Would it be possible to even the quest pop-up rate for everyone for the time of the Halloween event?

DeletedUser

You need to find 45 recipes over 14 days, that's just over 3 a day. I'm getting 2 ingredients per quest, so I need to finish 5 quests a day to be able to get enough ingredients. I've only got 6 cities and I'm getting enough quests at the moment so I don't need to use gold, but If you don't get your 5 a day it isn't possible :(

DeletedUser39847

I'm getting 4 recipe opportunities a day with 18 cities...

Good fun if you ask me. 20 slingers an hour for 4 hours suits me :D

But really hunting for the heightened senses ;)

DeletedUser

Quests number per day depends on the player networth. The higher it is the less quests you get. Which does kind of make sense in normal circumstances. However, now it denies the player with over 100k nw the possibility to brew 45 recipes needed for one more city slot without heavy gold spending.

Would it be possible to even the quest pop-up rate for everyone for the time of the Halloween event?

If you have more than 50.000 points overall, Island Quests will only spawn every 8 hours. Yes, that is a slower rate than at the beginning of the game, where Island Quests spawn every 2 hours.

But on the other hand, you will receive 4 ingredients per finished IQ, whereas the new player only receives 1 ingredient. In the end, all players can earn up to 12 ingredients a day. ;)

DeletedUser22708

The idea is pretty solid but i agree with what has been mentioned a couple of pages ago, someone with deep pockets will gain a good advantage on someone not willing to spend that amount of cash. Sure the price of ingredients increases, but that won't stop your average gold spending player. Other than that, it's nice they offer something new instead of that pumpkin hunt.

DeletedUser

nothing you can do now, but if you save up your quests before hand then that's not to hard, that's how he did it.

DeletedUser41566

If you have more than 50.000 points overall, Island Quests will only spawn every 8 hours. Yes, that is a slower rate than at the beginning of the game, where Island Quests spawn every 2 hours.

But on the other hand, you will receive 4 ingredients per finished IQ, whereas the new player only receives 1 ingredient. In the end, all players can earn up to 12 ingredients a day. ;)

Great! Thanks for clearing this bit, and also thanks for not harassing more developed players ;)