Halloween event 2011 - discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hello Ghouls and Graveyard goers,

header_halloween.png

Hello Ghouls and Graveyard goers,

Lock your temples and leave the candles on at night. Halloween is at your city's doorstep and things are about to get...spooky! This event will haunt all 2.0 Grepolis servers from October 26th till November 2nd.

A gruesome and scary in-game event has been planned for you (insert evil laugh here)! Floating pumpkins on the sea will will be visible like during other special events, however collecting your "treats" will not be simple. You must first complete a "pumpkin hunt" before you receive your reward.

___

Ingame event: Pumpkin hunt:

To start a "pumpkin hunt" click on a pumpkin in the ocean. Each pumpkin hunt lasts 60 seconds. During this time you must scroll over the map and collect as many pumpkins as possible.
map_pumpkin.png

For each pumpkin you collect in the 60 seconds, you will increase the duration of the special Halloween spell on your current city for one hour. The Halloween spell increases your production of all your resources by 5%. Let me give you a scary example...

Example 1:
I activate the "pumpkin hunt" and find 3 pumpkins in 60 sec. My current town will receive a 5% increased resource production spell for 3 hours.

Example2:
I activate the "pumpkin hunt" and find 8 pumpkins in 60 sec. My current town will receive a 5% increased resource production spell for 8 hours.

Further information:
Please note that you can only collect each pumpkin once. Also you may not conduct a "pumpkin hunt" as long as the Halloween spell is active. A maximum of 10 pumpkins can be collected during each "pumpkin hunt".

___

Terrifying interface changes!

No you are not seeing ghosts. Some interface elements have been cosmetically changed for the duration of the event, so don't get scared when you first login...(insert another evil laugh). ;)

___

New Event Achievements:

It’s Halloween:
login_halloween.png

Pumpkin collector:
Collect the pumpkins, there are 4 levels according to the amount of pumpkins found;
search_pumpkin_1.png

Pumpkin hunter:
Find 10 pumpkins in a single "pumpkin hunt".
search_pumpkin_x.png

___

Other spooky surprises will await you if you dare to login. Thank you for supporting us and happy Halloween!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis-Zombie Team

Please leave your comments and ghost stories below...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

awesome idea but can you do the pumpkin hunt as many times as you want

DeletedUser

awesome idea but can you do the pumpkin hunt as many times as you want

You may do it as often as you want. But some limitations are in place. As long as the spell is active you may not do another hunt. Once the spell has ended you may continue to haunt the sea in search of pumpkins. ;)

___

Is it a daily reward or is it at free will if you aren't on this special bonus timer?

You will receive a spell on your city after each pumpkin hunt. The collected pumpkins will determine the length of the spell: one pumpkin equals one hour to the duration of the Halloween spell. Please look at the "examples" in the original post.

DeletedUser

Are there any other in-game events you can tell us about?

Or is there just the new interface and pumpkin hunt changes?

Edit: @ sparkz104 and -Achilles-

Why does Innogames ignore older (1.26) worlds?

Simple: 2.0 is like a sequel for Grepolis. With regular games, once a sequel comes out, the previous game becomes unsupported. No new features or add-ons.

Does that mean 2.0 is better? Not neccessarily. Many people prefer to play older editions, or prequels. However, 2.0 is the current edition of the game.

Once 3.0 comes out, 2.0 will also be obsolete.

This is the reality, for better or for worse. So could you long-time players please stop whining about the unfairness? (whether it exists or not)

DeletedUser

Because innogames doesnt care about the long serving players who have spent the most gold. Haven't you realised that yet? :rolleyes:

Because Grepolis has 2 versions at the moment, it was not possible to implement the Halloween event on 1.0 worlds. We are working on a way to avoid this in the future.

DeletedUser

Because Grepolis has 2 versions at the moment, it was not possible to implement the Halloween event on 1.0 worlds. We are working on a way to avoid this in the future.

With all due respect, I'm not sure the 1.26 players would like the solution you seem to be implying.

"Because Grepolis has 2 versions at the moment..."- This right here suggests that special events etc. will only be applicable on one version of Grepolis.

Yet the quote "We are working on a way to avoid this is the future" also suggests that the devs are trying to make all worlds the same version, as that is the only solution to this issue.

This would require a port from 1.26 to 2.0. Personnally, I have no issues with this, but I get the sense that a lot of 1.26 players dislike 2.0.

DeletedUser

its because the farming I believe annoys 1.26 players including me Byzantiums my last 2 world

DeletedUser

Can we please keep this tread on topic. The difference between 1.0 and 2.0 worlds and the farming systems have there own threads. Thank you

DeletedUser

you are just placing punkins on the sea, what's so different in 1.26 worlds? It is so similar with Easter eggs witch works in 1.26 worlds.
You just don't want to implement it...

DeletedUser

Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday celebration concepts from Innogames. However, when this was done in the past with Easter Eggs and Presents, it made the servers very slow if not crash on the busiest worlds. Psi has been very susceptible since it started and I'm concerned any planned offensives in-game will have to be delayed until this is over. Is it possible to discuss the scale of future holiday celebrations openly?

Personally, I LOVE the little Christmas trees in the Agora and the custom graphics changes each time there is a holiday. Poseidon and Hera look awesome as the devil and a witch! Been here more than a year, and it seems to get all the little ones excited and chatting in the alliance forums. I don't know what it is, but the longer you're here, the more you appreciate very subtle changes to graphics that become understandably mundane if you see them 365 days a year.

The hunts are usually fun the first day to copy and paste the screen code to the forums and find whatever the prize is. But usually the prizes aren't worth the limited time we have. If I'm reading this right, 10 hours of 5% added resource production over 5 days equates to 2000 of each resource to one of my cities during Halloween. i could spend much less time to farm another player.

I understand what the purpose of holiday celebrations are: to get more people interested and logged-on. But 5 days of a Halloween celebration for the 1-day Halloween holiday for a pumpkin hunt that doesn't yield a significant reward for any of your regular players and isn't applicable to half the worlds is risking a negative response to a marketing effort Innogames clearly put a lot of time into. Maybe if it was just a 1 day thing with 4x more reward.

Happy Halloween to you as well!:pro:

DeletedUser

My apologies for helping to de-rail this thread.

On-Topic:

Will there be actual differences in the mechanics of the game? I realize it would be a lot of work for little gain, but it would still be cool to conquer cities with ghosts and goblins for a few days.

DeletedUser

My apologies for helping to de-rail this thread.

On-Topic:

Will there be actual differences in the mechanics of the game? I realize it would be a lot of work for little gain, but it would still be cool to conquer cities with ghosts and goblins for a few days.

That's a great idea. It would be cool to open a pumpkin and get a special unit. I raise your 5 ghosts with my 1 Frankenstein!:p

DeletedUser14279

So, you can get a total of 3 items from the hunt+logging in in the Halloween special period?:cool:

DeletedUser18132

Gordy, isn't ghules, as you said it, actually spelled ghouls?

DeletedUser

Question: Can you have this spell going for each of your cities at the same time, or is it one city then when it's done, you can do it again for a different city?

Status
Not open for further replies.