Harry potter and the deathly hallows. ~ Premiere Nov 11 ~ Nov 19th

DeletedUser6029

Chamber of Secrets was 161 mins long. The longest of the series, but not 4 hours.

DeletedUser

This movie was pretty good, although it seemed so short. They have to find like 3 more of those horcrux thingies in the next movie and defeat Voldemort. Either they are going to make a 3rd part, or the 2nd part will be really long.

DeletedUser

Or the second part will be cut down to
harry: OMG voldamort
Ron: Kill him.
Voldamort NOOOOOO
Voldamort dies screaming
End credits.

DeletedUser

No. In the book, they find and destroy the last three at the same time. An extra is spread out at the beggining of Part 2.

DeletedUser

In the book they find and destroy 4 of them in the last 5 chapters :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I really don't know. My sister didn't want to see it because she thought it looked scary. (Shes 10 :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser6029

In the book they find and destroy 4 of them in the last 5 chapters :rolleyes:
I think because this movie was such a ummm leap from the feel of the previous ones they focused on the human element this time. The internal struggles each character has, because they will have to be a solid unit for the final movie. But that is just my thought on why it played out the way it did.

DeletedUser

I don't really like harry potter.jk rowling copied EVeRYTHING from jrr tolkien.
watch:

dobby = gollum

horcruxis = the ring

voldemort = sauron

harry ,ron , hermione = the fellowship

incredible journey

brave warriors / characters killed

dumbeldore = gandalf

need i say more?

DeletedUser

Defence

Okay. Does it really matter? I don't care if she coppied crap! I still like it. :pro::pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser

The movie was good, and i think those who haven't read the book will enjoy it....But to be quite honest after reading the books all i really enjoy in watching the movies is pointing out the things the miss, the things that are wrong and the things that could have been done better.

For example
at the start of harry potter 7 part one it has hermione erasing her parents memories. Although a nice wee scene movie wise in the book she said she did it, and that was later on. Also the beaded bag was supposed to have a strap. And in the scene where they are about to transport Harry...Bill introduces himself? ? He was at hogwarts just the year before and had his face mauled by a werewolf while fighting in the astronomy tower but thats cool, lets introduce ourselves. we'll ignore the fact we've met and fought together before ><

It's annoying sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The movie was good, and i think those who haven't read the book will enjoy it....But to be quite honest after reading the books all i really enjoy in watching the movies is pointing out the things the miss, the things that are wrong and the things that could have been done better. Agreed. :D

For example (spoiler alert, i apologise for not putting this in spoiler because i do not know how) at the start of harry potter 7 part one it has hermione erasing her parents memories. Although a nice wee scene movie wise in the book she said she did it, and that was later on. Also the beaded bag was supposed to have a strap. And in the scene where they are about to transport Harry...Bill introduces himself? ? He was at hogwarts just the year before and had his face mauled by a werewolf while fighting in the astronomy tower but thats cool, lets introduce ourselves. we'll ignore the fact we've met and fought together before ><

It's annoying sometimes.

Now that is a bit too picky... Books need to be changed for it to be understandbale as a film and we need to consider some people will be watching it for the first time this is why Bill needs to be introduced like this. The film fitted in all the events of the books extremely well (maybe missing out a few) and successfully conveyed the feelings of the characters albeit let down by Mr Radcliffes acting ability. I was extremely annoyed at his "Oh well" attitude when hedwig died but that was about it. In terms of being like the book this film is by far the best.

I don't really like harry potter.jk rowling copied EVeRYTHING from jrr tolkien.
watch:

dobby = gollum Dobby represents an underclass/slave class fighting for freedom when even his own class thinks that is wrong.

horcruxis = the ring The complication - All books, plays and films have a complication or else there would be no book. For instance in the play Look Back In Anger, Helena is the complication, the catalyst, to give depth and help the plot unravel. Every tv programme also has a complication like NCIS.

voldemort = sauron Ye and cruela de ville - All things need an antagonist

harry ,ron , hermione = the fellowship and the famous five, holmes and watson,

incredible journey What a great book it would be if it was about them sitting in school and learning. stuff. ¬¬

brave warriors / characters killed I don't think I can name many books/films that don't have a character killed unless they are aimed at two year olds. Oh wait, I lied - Bambi's dad died.

dumbeldore = gandalf A character to provide wisdom and further the plot (unveiling the horcruxes and initialising details for harry and us to learn)... Like Atticus Finch.

need i say more? No, you will just embarass yourself. :rolleyes:

You can't state all the things necessary for a book and then say because two books have them then one copied the other, MILLIONS of books have them.

DeletedUser

My beef in the 6th movie was they ignored bill, thus my pickiness with this film over that point.

DeletedUser

If the movie is the exact same thing as the book, what's the point of watching it?

DeletedUser

You know - for the fun of it, for the prodigy and nostalga. To see it visually and enjoy it again. A re-read or re-watching often opens your eyes to new details. However the books are always going to be better than the film and I do see your point but I think I will always see the films just for the sake of it. :p

And to whomever called me a "jackass" please show yourself.