Holiday Peacetime 2013 Discussion Thread

Richard

Strategos
Please discuss the Holiday Peacetime here. Please note, this is not a thread for simply stating you don't agree with the peacetime. The event always takes place every year.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser

clarrification?

So I can peacefully found a city at any time during ceasefire?
Can I send support?

DeletedUser23986

So I can peacefully found a city at any time during ceasefire?
Can I send support?

Yes to both.

And as always, having peacetime for a religious festival is not good. And i am shocked to know that building ww involves battle, i used to consider it more of simming.

DeletedUser33530

Well as players can't attack that means they can't try and break your WW islands so its not really fair.

DeletedUser

Kind of reminds me of the WW1 1914 Christmas cease fires along the western front. Next thing you know the top competing alliances will be signing carols together.

DeletedUser

Yes to both.

And as always, having peacetime for a religious festival is not good. And i am shocked to know that building ww involves battle, i used to consider it more of simming.
it is because most people are gone, christmas is pretty much no longer CHRISTmas, so it is hardly a religous holiday at all. whether that is good, or bad depends on your point of view.

DeletedUser

I do not understand why Christmas as a religious holiday is bad. Also Christmas. I think it is a good idea because some people do not want to spend their day on Grepolis at a time for family.

DeletedUser

I do not understand why Christmas as a religious holiday is bad. Also Christmas. I think it is a good idea because some people do not want to spend their day on Grepolis at a time for family.
i agree, but some don't, and that is their right. i think his point is that he doesn't want inno supporting one religion, cuz that could lead to things like "why isn't there a Ramadan peacetime?" the obvious answer being that it isn't as widespread, but it is a slippery slope.

DeletedUser15581

yep.... can somewhat identify with chalna/hasan... all religions should be treated equally :)

DeletedUser39031

i agree, but some don't, and that is their right. i think his point is that he doesn't want inno supporting one religion, cuz that could lead to things like "why isn't there a Ramadan peacetime?" the obvious answer being that it isn't as widespread, but it is a slippery slope.
Also,
A lot of other religious celebrations last longer than a day

DeletedUser

I dont believe in this peacetime because I am atheist. Can we have a peacetime on the 27th February cos thats my birthday and I will probably be drunk.

DeletedUser

Damn it. Now how am I going to ignore all my loved ones? Guess I'll have to take up online gambling or something.

DeletedUser

Just to clarify if I land a CS 5 minutes before peacetime begins am I safe from all attacks on that siege that would land during peacetime and is my siege affected by the beginning of peacetime.

DeletedUser42584

Regardless of faith, beliefs, left handed or right handed, boxers or briefs, ying or yang, vanilla or chocolate ice cream.....Every one have a safe next week and a happy healthy next year.

DeletedUser

Just to clarify if I land a CS 5 minutes before peacetime begins am I safe from all attacks on that siege that would land during peacetime and is my siege affected by the beginning of peacetime.

Read the announcement. You can't land CS starting 24h before peacetime.

DeletedUser

Why do we have Peacetime for New Years?

Not everyone believes in calendars... you know???

I for one stopped believing in time back in Algebra II class....

it was clear to me that class lasted WAY longer than an hour each day...

DeletedUser

I understand why the 24 hours before the official peace for CS... it treats all server speeds equally since speed 1 has 24 hours to break a siege, they have to leave that possibility out instead of allowing people to time in a siege to begin before a cease fire begins

DeletedUser

More likely they have the truce on these days because THEY will not be at work to monitor the servers and man the support desk. It is probably just as much a break for them as a break for the players. As most of the Inno team probably celebrates Christmas and New Years, the perceived bias is nothing more than THEM observing the Holiday and taking the day off. Just be glad we don't have to give up Grepo for Lent. :eek: