Holiday Peacetime 2013 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Im sorry but this whole religion argument happens every year and every year i say the same thing .......

"If you choose to play an international ENGLISH" speaking server then you will have to deal with the fact that Xmas is a celebrated holiday and ramadan or eid are not.

Im sure if you where to play a game created in a muslim country and on a muslim country based server then muslim holidays would be celebrated or marked in some way !!!

I bet all those not celebrating christmas are still ejoying all the nice grep freebees that the xmas event has to offer :)

INTERNATIONAL, English is the language only cos it is the most spoken language in the world.

DeletedUser5819

The most important Christian holy day is Easter Sunday. In the UK it is the only day on which shops are forbidden to open at all, even though it is also in the middle of the busiest 4 day period for DIY/garden/pet stores. Christmas day is not given that importance.
It may be an urban myth, idk, but I read a couple of years ago that a very large and powerful fundamentalist christian denomination in the USA no longer has a church service on christmas day because folks should be home with their families. It is culturally a family day.

The christmas and new year peacetime are the work-break days most recognised across the english-speaking world. This is the English language international server. Yes, international *and* english language. Until the US server opened about a year ago it was the only server for english speaking people. These are also the most recognised work-break days across europe.

National servers where these breaks are not appropriate do not have it.
National servers where the dates for these work-breaks are different have peacetimes which matche their work-break days.
National servers where a different work-break period is considered as important or more important have that peacetime either instead or as well.

Peacetime is not a religious issue. New year has no religious connotation that I am aware of, at least in the christian calendar.
You can't please everyone, and if you are one of those not pleased, sorry, but please don't make out it is a religious issue. Its not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The most important Christian holy day is Easter Sunday. In the UK it is the only day on which shops are forbidden to open at all, even though it is also in the middle of the busiest 4 day period for DIY/garden/pet stores. Christmas day is not given that importance.
It may be an urban myth, idk, but I read a couple of years ago that a very large and powerful fundamentalist christian denomination in the USA no longer has a church service on christmas day because folks should be home with their families. It is culturally a family day.

The christmas and new year peacetime are the work-break days most recognised across the english-speaking world. This is the English language international server. Yes, international *and* english language. Until the US server opened about a year ago it was the only server for english speaking people. These are also the most recognised work-break days across europe.

National servers where these breaks are not appropriate do not have it. National servers where the dates for this work-break are different have peacetime which matches their work-break days. National servers where a different work-break period is considered as important or more important have that peacetime either instead or as well.

Peacetime is not a religious issue. New year has no religious connotation that I am aware of, at least in the christian calendar.
You can't please everyone, and if you are one of those not pleased, sorry, but please don't make out it is a religious issue. Its not.

I agree with the peace time, but the arguments other players are using are just stupid.

DeletedUser3613

INTERNATIONAL, English is the language only cos it is the most spoken language in the world.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS

Also.....

Mandarin is the most spoken language followed by spanish ...........

just saying .....

Do you know how you would say peace time in either of those languages ???

Neither do I..... anywhooos ima go and put my xmas pants on and eat me some mince pies

DeletedUser

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS

Also.....

Mandarin is the most spoken language followed by spanish ...........

just saying .....

Do you know how you would say peace time in either of those languages ???

Neither do I..... anywhooos ima go and put my xmas pants on and eat me some mince pies

I'm pretty sure I can say peace time in Spanish(tempo de paz in portuguese, so in spanish isn't very different for sure), how many Chinese people play online games? English is the most spoken language on the web, better?

DeletedUser3613

very hard to tell what the most spoken language is on the web as most if not all pages can be translated ect

The jist of my argument is that no matter what colour, creed or relegion xmas and new year peace time is happening.

I think its a shame that relegion is dragged into the argument every year :(

DeletedUser23986

The jist of my argument is that no matter what colour, creed or relegion xmas and new year peace time is happening.
The very same way that crimes are happening, that doesn't mean they should occur.

Please respect this as legitimate questions are getting buried behind all the babble.
No where was it said that the thread is for questioning! And i believing questioning and discussion are different things :O

DeletedUser14397

bloody hell were all getting a couple days off grepolis and dont need to worry about it HAPPY DAYs

if you have no family and want to grepo it well tuff dogs dirt most of us do

DeletedUser28686

bloody hell were all getting a couple days off grepolis and dont need to worry about it HAPPY DAYs

if you have no family and want to grepo it well tuff dogs dirt most of us do
Ill be hitting grepo hard for a few days need to build dem cities and troops

DeletedUser14397

IDEA: why dont Grepolis send out a message like they do with there surveys and ask if you want the peacetime activated that way people that want to fight can and others can have there well earned right to rest over this happy joyful time

DeletedUser5832

The game is owned by a German company who recognise Christmas and New Years as holidays. They have decided they want their game to observe peacetime during these holidays. It is their decision. Innogames do recognise differing cultures and their holidays on some of the national versions (US server and Thanksgiving, for example) as well as ensuring that the religious element of the Winter Event is removed from others (example, Turkey).

Please stop filling this thread with discussions about religion. I stated in my opening post that this thread is not to be used for what it has ultimately been used for. If you want to debate, take it to Debate and Discussion.

Thanks.

Hi. I was hoping to get some clarification. The announcement was ambiguous about whether or not you can initiate an attack during peacetime that lands after peacetime:

But, then it goes on to say:

So which is it? Can we get a definitive answer on this?
I don't see the ambiguity at all. The post states attacks which land during the peacetime just visit, and new attacks can not be sent if they land within the peacetime. The second sentence then clarifies that attacks can be sent if they land after peacetime ends. The sentences aren't contradictory in my opinion.

DeletedUser

I don't see the ambiguity at all. The post states attacks which land during the peacetime just visit, and new attacks can not be sent if they land within the peacetime. The second sentence then clarifies that attacks can be sent if they land after peacetime ends. The sentences aren't contradictory in my opinion.

The point raised is the contradiction in the original message:
During peace time, ongoing attacks only visit their targets and sending new attacks is not possible; Any attack due to land after the peacetime begins turn back on arrival. It is possible to send attacks during peacetime, if they land outside of the peacetime.

sending new attacks is not possible;
and
It is possible to send attacks during peacetime, if they land outside of the peacetime.

It does not, as you say clarify by stating the attack has to be sent before the Peacetime, please read it as a stand alone sentence as our limited "english" users would and you will see the reason for the original query as raised.

DeletedUser5819

That's a bit grumpy Richard. If you thought it was contradictory obviously you would not have posted it, however it has caused confusion and clarification has been asked for. You haven't given any. Perhaps you could do so, since you presumably do understand.

I think what it means is that before peacetime you can send attacks that land during peacetime but they will only visit. During peacetime you cannot send any attacks at all. Attacks that are sent before peacetime and land after peacetime are unaffected. But that is my guess. I do think the wording is confusing for people who don't already know the answer.

DeletedUser

I think what it means is that before peacetime you can send attacks that land during peacetime but they will only visit. During peacetime you cannot send any attacks at all. Attacks that are sent before peacetime and land after peacetime are unaffected. But that is my guess. I do think the wording is confusing for people who don't already know the answer.

I believe this is the case.
Though you can send attacks during peacetime:
It is possible to send attacks during peacetime, if they land outside of the peacetime.

So:
Attacks sent before peacetime that are due to land in peacetime will only visit.
You cannot send any attacks during peacetime that will land during peacetime.
You can send attacks during peacetime that will land after peacetime.
You can send attacks before peacetime that will land after peacetime.

DeletedUser

Love these threads :D

I formed my own religion today, I decided to call it Joism. I celebrate Christmas too so don't worry I don't need to worry about the peacetime as I will probably be drunk