Inactive Topic IDEA not a QUERY ~ Fix the forum please

DeletedUser19042

And you just destroyed the image I had of you. Totally wrecked.
You are no more :(

At least it wasn' t lady gaga or Justin Bieber so that kinda restored it. A bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Link of time

Phrourach
I would like to ask the reason for the classification of moderation guidelines, rather than joking about this whole matter...

Link of time

Phrourach
Care to elaborate a tad?
About 2 or 3 years ago, I asked Richard if there was a 'Moderation Code of Conduct' I could refer to. He responded by stating that "Moderation Guidelines are Confidential." I would like to know the reason for this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19042

Actually I gained more respect for him after learning he listens to Taylor Swift ;)
But... Justin Bieber

About 2 or 3 years ago, I asked Richard if there was a 'Moderation Code of Conduct' I could refer to. He responded by stating that "Moderation Guidelines are Confidential." I would like to know the reason for this.
Privacy Policy. All mods sign a policy they have to obey. The contents of that policy also contains material that they are not allowed to discuss outside of the team and thus is confidential. As long as they follow that policy there's nothing you can say, and it's not your task either. So there's no reason for you knowing the contents of that policy.

The guidelines explain our tools and workings, if we want to avoid people abusing their knowledge about these tools we have to keep it a secret. ;)

Link of time

Phrourach
The guidelines explain our tools and workings, if we want to avoid people abusing their knowledge about these tools we have to keep it a secret. ;)
Abuse knowledge? I believe the forum go-ers deserve to know what rules our 'almighty mods' must abide by. This is like not telling the mods the forum rules; both must be well-known to enforce a fair community.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19042

Difference: Mods enforce the rules on users.
Users do not enforce modding rules on mods. CM's and Inno does.

So that's a big difference. And you cannot possibly understand why these things are kept confidential if you haven't been a mod before.

Link of time

Phrourach
Difference: Mods enforce the rules on users.
Users do not enforce modding rules on mods. CM's and Inno does.

So that's a big difference. And you cannot possibly understand why these things are kept confidential if you haven't been a mod before.
If the mods have nothing to hide, the confidentiality is without reason. As I'm sure you know Joris, the mods are not perfect. Care to elaborate?

DeletedUser19042

mods aren't perfect, and I think a lot can change. But I still agree that some things are better kept inside the team. Not because of hiding stuff. Just for security purposes and abuse prevention.

Link of time

Phrourach
mods aren't perfect, and I think a lot can change. But I still agree that some things are better kept inside the team. Not because of hiding stuff. Just for security purposes and abuse prevention.
So you're saying if players can abuse the mod rules mods can abuse the player rules?

DeletedUser19042

That absolutely makes no sense.
But as I said, you'll only understand after having been a mod.

Link of time

Phrourach
That absolutely makes no sense.
But as I said, you'll only understand after having been a mod.
Give me a valid reason moderation guidelines need to be kept secret. I can safely assume there's nothing to hide, so the confidentiality of them is incompetent and unnecessary.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33530

Give me a valid reason moderation guidelines need to be kept secret.

If one were to know exactly how the police discover and determine that you have committed a crime, it would be infinitely easier to not get caught.

The same principle applies here.

Link of time

Phrourach
If one were to know exactly how the police discover and determine that you have committed a crime, it would be infinitely easier to not get caught.

The same principle applies here.
The easiest way not to get caught is to not commit a crime. The same principle applies here.

If they posted 'moderation rules' right alongside the ingame and forum ones, they would seem no out of the ordinary. But the classification (and I'm sure you can find out how an officer solves a crime) says nothing except 'we don't trust you not to fall back on our guidelines if we happen to mess up.'

As stated before, the classification of moderation guidelines is a useless thing and prevents the mods from ever doing anything wrong.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33530

The easiest way not to get caught is to not commit a crime. The same principle applies here.

If they posted 'moderation rules' right alongside the ingame and forum ones, they would seem no out of the ordinary. But the classification (and I'm sure you can find out how an officer solves a crime) says nothing except 'we don't trust you not to fall back on our guidelines if we happen to mess up.'

As stated before, the classification of moderation guidelines is a useless thing and prevents the mods from ever doing anything wrong.

I never said knowing how it works was the easiest way so idk where that first statement came from.

To start you can find out parts of the methods of how to solve crimes but not all the inner workings. However that's irrelevant to this discuss. Now to answer the question that I feel you are partially asking, inno probably doesn't trust us at all. The mods simple have to comply with inno's level of distrust. I'm pretty sure if they could they would be open about these rules.

If you think a mod has done wrong report him or her to BT or Richie. I have full faith that BT would be fair.

In all honesty though I couldn't care less about knowing how the mods works given that I have never seen a mod do something wrong beyond human error. But it sounds like your problem is more with inno than it is with the mods. The mods don't have a say in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Link of time

Phrourach
I never said knowing how it works was the easiest way so idk where that first statement came from.

To start you can find out parts of the methods of how to solve crimes but not all the inner workings. However that's irrelevant to this discuss. Now to answer the question that I feel you are partially asking, inno probably doesn't trust us at all. The mods simple have to comply with inno's level of distrust. I'm pretty sure if they could they would be open about these rules.

If you think a mod has done wrong report him or her to BT or Richie. I have full faith that BT would be fair.

In all honesty though I couldn't care less about knowing how the mods works given that I have never seen a mod do something wrong beyond human error. But it sounds like your problem is more with inno then it is with the mods. The mods don't have a say in this matter.
I hold nothing against Richard. He was thrown in at the beginning of the end of the forums, and he never did anything. As far as BT goes, I honestly believe if Fisty got the CO-COMA job all those years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess. Inno simply doesn't want any power in the player's hand, as they believe we'll abuse it. This is a massive reason Wave's 'senators' idea hasn't passed.

Last edited: