Passed Idea~ Sort your Mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Propsal: As a player that suffers from a 100 mails+ a day, I get seriously confused between all my mails, and usually have to re-read the whole message to get into the theme of things.

I suggest having a sorted Inbox, where you can assign messages from a player into sections, or merely assign a conversation to that inbox:

Diplomatic
Fun
Banter
Spam

The player can customise their inbox to their desire, create new sections, delete sections. If they want they can keep the one Inbox if they do not need this customisation.

Reason: To make it easier for Alliance leaders to keep on top of all the messages coming from a lot of players.

Details: Player A gets an email from Player B, who is notoriously known for his spamming skills.

Player A merely assigns Player B to the section in his inbox called- Spam (or whatever he wants to call it), and when he is finished reading all other important mails he can read through it at his leisure.

Player A gets an email from Player C, the leader of another alliance, who are in negotiations about a pact, Player A assigns Player C to his Diplomacy Section, or Important section, so he will be able to read all messages incoming from this player as soon as he gets online.

Player A gets an email from Player D, who is an important figure in his alliance, but he also enjoy a bit of banter.

Player A can assign specific conversations to whichever section he wants. For example on an important issue that they are discussing he can place the conversation in Important (or whatever you want to call it), or in Banter (Or whatever you want to call it).

I believe that this would make it easier for players that receive a high dosage of mail to cope easily.

Visual Aid:

msgl.png

Balance: No change in balance.

Abuse Prevention: How could you abuse this???????

Summary: A way for players to customise their inbox to make it more easy to access, and easier to differentiate between important mail, and fun mail.

As per all my ideas, I welcome all kinds of critisism, however please do not merely post 'I don like it', which doesn't help anybody. You will have plenty of time to express your negative attitude towards the idea in the vote

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think this is necessary, as not many of us even get close to 100 messages per day. You need to send less mail to receive less. ;)

Varun

Strategos
Also, it won't be possible to assign a player to a diplomatic, banter or etc. contact because if a player has to talk something else for change then it would be a problem if the banter player suddenly talks about diplomacy or vice versa. So, I think that this idea is not necessary.

Sorry, Wave....

DeletedUser

You can assign specific conversations to specific sections.

For example, look at Player D who fits that scenario perfectly (above)

DeletedUser

I bump this and am behind it. This is a minor development that won't hurt anyone so no harm on doing this.

DeletedUser

I think this is pretty good idea. It would be good if you could sort your mail into different folders. Maybe have a folder with messages from alliance members, one for enemies etc. Good idea +rep mate :)

DeletedUser20429

Well you can make a section of your inbox using the administrator then drag and drop the piece of mail into the specific section.

DeletedUser

OK i've got admin on my Beta account. Walk me through how to do that.

DeletedUser20429

Okay go to your inbox
Then click manage folder
Create Folder (Type a name)
it will then come up on the left (the name of the folder you just created.)
Then back to the inbox and click on the word Inbox that is under the white writing messages I will see if I can get some VA's

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.