Ideas for a no-gold world and how to make it happen.

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
I had an idea a long long time ago that what if we were to make it every players that have 50k gold on their account a 10% attack penalty(make attacks or defense weaker) that should make the fighting more balanced.

just wanted to contribute to the talk in my own way.

tnx

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
I had an idea a long long time ago that what if we were to make it every players that have 50k gold on their account a 10% attack penalty(make attacks or defense weaker) that should make the fighting more balanced.

just wanted to contribute to the talk in my own way.

tnx
Good idea! If you were a retarded kid

Why would a company ever penalize their investors lmfao

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus

They would Penalize their investors in order to keep their current player base and bring in new players by balancing the game + what im suggesting wouldnt do damage that much to Golders who use a lot of money into the game

To all my Haters:

0 $ used into the game, Known by 80% of the players liked by 90%
Love me, hate me this game would be less fun without me.

TheGemtleman

Hoplite

It's easy to defend the game in your position, cause you are always on the winning side. But how can a game be fair for users that take 3-4 days to build their attack or defense vs users that build it in an hour?

This game is focused on that 10% or less of the users that spend the gold. And the worst part in here is that gold spenders are in the same alliance or have pacts. If they were distributed a bit, that might have been better. I don't understand actually how can they enjoy a game with no competition.

Seriously, players that value this game are the ones that don't spend much. They do their calculations and strategies better than the lazy gold spenders.

Probably they can create a world where gold spending has a limit for users or alliance. And when that limit is reached they can probably spend gold only in events.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
It's easy to defend the game in your position, cause you are always on the winning side. But how can a game be fair for users that take 3-4 days to build their attack or defense vs users that build it in an hour?

This game is focused on that 10% or less of the users that spend the gold. And the worst part in here is that gold spenders are in the same alliance or have pacts. If they were distributed a bit, that might have been better. I don't understand actually how can they enjoy a game with no competition.

Seriously, players that value this game are the ones that don't spend much. They do their calculations and strategies better than the lazy gold spenders.

Probably they can create a world where gold spending has a limit for users or alliance. And when that limit is reached they can probably spend gold only in events.
How am i always on the winning side, the last 5 servers ive played ive lost 3 and won 2?

GA is destroying the game for the casual, gold however is not by any means game deciding.

The thing is, players like you (and players that complain in general) never seem to learn. I don't know if you don't want to learn, or if you just don't have the capabilities. If gold and GA were removed from the game, you would still lose, and the winners would be the same. The only difference would be that the leaderboards wouldnt be so inflated by GA-weekend players and their McDonald's nukes

In fact if you were any good, you would welcome the lazy weekender GA golders nukes, as they provide you BP while you can easily just flip, herc, goldblock, (or even lose the city in WWs where losing cities doesnt matter)

So can you see the conclusion? You just dont cut it, that person above you in the top 10 isnt a dirty golder, chances are he probably is just online 12 hours a day and knows the game in and out, while you are online 1 hour a day with 12h offline gap..

TheGemtleman

Hoplite
How am i always on the winning side, the last 5 servers ive played ive lost 3 and won 2?

GA is destroying the game for the casual, gold however is not by any means game deciding.

The thing is, players like you (and players that complain in general) never seem to learn. I don't know if you don't want to learn, or if you just don't have the capabilities. If gold and GA were removed from the game, you would still lose, and the winners would be the same. The only difference would be that the leaderboards wouldnt be so inflated by GA-weekend players and their McDonald's nukes

In fact if you were any good, you would welcome the lazy weekender GA golders nukes, as they provide you BP while you can easily just flip, herc, goldblock, (or even lose the city in WWs where losing cities doesnt matter)

So can you see the conclusion? You just dont cut it, that person above you in the top 10 isnt a dirty golder, chances are he probably is just online 12 hours a day and knows the game in and out, while you are online 1 hour a day with 12h offline gap..
Gold is not by any means game deciding? Seriously are freaking kidding me?

How can you be a 100k points in protection mode? How can you build a wall at level 20 in 1 minute? How can you build 4 alu nukes in an hour and a half? I know players that are 24 hours playing this game and not spending gold, and Im telling you, yes that would make a difference if the gold was not spent like crazy, cause players that complain about gold spending are the ones that knows the game very well but don't have the money to spend on this game. Players that are 1 hour a day in this game, they don't give a damn actually and don't complain at all. They just log in, check the alliance form, makes some clicks and that is it.

And the funny part is when this gold spending players invite the other gold spending players in the game so they can grow and lend the cities to them after.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos

How can you be a 100k points in protection mode? How can you build a wall at level 20 in 1 minute? How can you build 4 alu nukes in an hour and a half? I know players that are 24 hours playing this game and not spending gold, and Im telling you, yes that would make a difference if the gold was not spent like crazy, cause players that complain about gold spending are the ones that knows the game very well but don't have the money to spend on this game. Players that are 1 hour a day in this game, they don't give a damn actually and don't complain at all. They just log in, check the alliance form, makes some clicks and that is it.

And the funny part is when this gold spending players invite the other gold spending players in the game so they can grow and lend the cities to them after.
1 word, gold trade or gold exchange.
Gold in grepolis is not by any means game deciding, as you can obtain gold extremely easily even being free2play.

100k points in beg.prot.? You can catch up later easy
Wall in 20 min? Gold trade or gold exchange, save ur gold and u can gold walls too
Build 4 nukes in an hour? Just goldblock, flip, herc etc., you will get the better ratios and expand faster :)

What IS game deciding however is the implementation of spartan training, sirens and GA, which has made the casual player (under 5h a day) completely irrelevant. The game is simply just sped up too much (so much that you dont even need gold to make OLU faster than you can spend)

TheGemtleman

Hoplite
1 word, gold trade or gold exchange.
Gold in grepolis is not by any means game deciding, as you can obtain gold extremely easily even being free2play.

100k points in beg.prot.? You can catch up later easy
Wall in 20 min? Gold trade or gold exchange, save ur gold and u can gold walls too
Build 4 nukes in an hour? Just goldblock, flip, herc etc., you will get the better ratios and expand faster :)

What IS game deciding however is the implementation of spartan training, sirens and GA, which has made the casual player (under 5h a day) completely irrelevant. The game is simply just sped up too much (so much that you dont even need gold to make OLU faster than you can spend)
Ohh nice, i was mistaken. Nobody is golding then. Just exchanging gold in the market. It makes sense now

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
Ohh nice, i was mistaken. Nobody is golding then. Just exchanging gold in the market. It makes sense now
Who said no one is golding? I am saying that you as easy as nothing amass enough gold for walls through gold exchange or goldtrading. 1 week of goldtrading and you have your first 20k gold.

But of course it is easier to sit down and cry

TheGemtleman

Hoplite
Who said no one is golding? I am saying that you as easy as nothing amass enough gold for walls through gold exchange or goldtrading. 1 week of goldtrading and you have your first 20k gold.

Bro, I know how market place works and how much gold can you get out of it. Its a simple math, that gold is mined from whoever spent it. If you got 20k gold, someone has spent it in the game. Dont tell me that this game is the same for golders and non golders. And please don't try to protect your alliance, we know that this game is a business now, and there will be no other solution in this.

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus

You cant win against a whole group of players who have decided to abuse the system or out gold them.

Lets just say there were 60 Players all from the same alliance! All working together Buying gold, Trading gold its very hard to beat these players because 1. They are the strongest and everyone else is afraid to attack them out of fear.

So i do get @TheGemtleman point

The problem has always been that 1 group who you know and who you are friends with, and a part of that have abused gold and the game in order to win.

Just think about it logically @VIRTUALSELF lets say you arent part of this group you are a Solo player just joining the game.

You join the game and on the world next to you, you have 60+ players heavy golders, players that have been here for years won every world so on.

How can you win ? :(

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
The game is a team game, so why the **** would you ever join solo? You would get rimmed by anyone solo lol.
If i were a 60 man f2p good player team, you can run over 99% of .en golders :) Get learning the game instead of crying on externals, youd almost be there if you did that from the beginning

Shock

Chiliarch

I assume you play revolt ... maybe give CQ a try

If you're good you can beat 99% of golders (I know because I've done it)
Also, I don't think saying the players that spend all day playing are the ones complaining -- it's really only the trash players that complain about gold

I'm well aware that revolt is a different game entirely, but at least in CQ, skill will beat gold lol -- the real problem is that the skill gap is so large that there's only a few players that are actually good -- the rest are miles below them in skill whining about everything that doesn't go their way

TheGemtleman

Hoplite
I assume you play revolt ... maybe give CQ a try

If you're good you can beat 99% of golders (I know because I've done it)
Also, I don't think saying the players that spend all day playing are the ones complaining -- it's really only the trash players that complain about gold

I'm well aware that revolt is a different game entirely, but at least in CQ, skill will beat gold lol -- the real problem is that the skill gap is so large that there's only a few players that are actually good -- the rest are miles below them in skill whining about everything that doesn't go their way
Yes currently revolt. Ive played CQ in the past, but wanted some change. You might be right actually, cause in CQ you cannot control the city after cs lands. But I've noticed this in revolt. It is not tha I cannot afford gold, I use them only against gold players. But it annoys me that they think they are using skills there.

Shock

Chiliarch
Yes currently revolt. Ive played CQ in the past, but wanted some change. You might be right actually, cause in CQ you cannot control the city after cs lands. But I've noticed this in revolt. It is not tha I cannot afford gold, I use them only against gold players. But it annoys me that they think they are using skills there.
Why let other people bother you though lol, how does what they think impact you or your gameplay at all?
There are 2 things much, much more important in this game than gold: activity/alarm and having reliable teammates that also are active and have an alarm.

I spent 20 dollars total and I won my first world, and made it to top 20 in points, first time playing the game.

What VS said is kind of true, 60 f2p players could easily beat even 30 golders, as long as they are active.
A little more in play than just being active / good with alarms, but yeah -- f2p can definitely beat golders

TheGemtleman

Hoplite
Why let other people bother you though lol, how does what they think impact you or your gameplay at all?

A little more in play than just being active / good with alarms, but yeah -- f2p can definitely beat golders
lol it doesnt bother me that much. But just wanted to point it out. I really take it as a game, nothing personal. I enjoy the time playing it.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
There are 2 things much, much more important in this game than gold: activity/alarm and having reliable teammates that also are active and have an alarm.

I spent 20 dollars total and I won my first world, and made it to top 20 in points, first time playing the game.

What VS said is kind of true, 60 f2p players could easily beat even 30 golders, as long as they are active.
The current golder on .en logs in friday - sunday and sends McDonalds lazy nukes over and over on GA, any decent f2p team can counter this. Again, the game is not broken by pay2win aspects.

The bigger problem is the lack of players, the only good players left (f2p or not) sit on the same team.
1) The lazy golders/leaderboard players don't want to face any good opposition who will counter them by hercing, flipping etc.
2) The f2p players don't want to face the players who sends McDonalds nukes in the weekends
So they end up on the same team.

I am neither defending the golders or attacking the people who complain about them. I'm just stating that you can easily show up on the next revolt server and find out how easy it is to make the leaderboard players ghost - but you won't because if you complain about things like this, chances are you arent a great player and you dont have a great team of F2P players ready.

Are you ready to goldblock for 12 hours straight every other day, until the McDonalds players quit?
Do you make a herc setup that can ZR puri anything sent against you?
Do you sleep with alarm always?

Even if you don't do these things, you could just play WW. Take the BP and make a sick core in a different ocean. Hint: the lazy GA weekenders are not great at WWs. I think OMEGA did this on the last revolt WW server. They also boosted a **** ton. Even if they had 2x the amount of cities everyone else had, they still lost. Turns out the simmers just cant win

Last edited:

diomedes666

Hekatontarch
There is a lot of debate here, which is good news as the externals are pretty lifeless.

The 'gold free' server still (as far as I am aware) remains untested.

Why not try it?

There is a constant theme to all servers.

1) The players who spend the most time and money on the game want to win easily so tend to sit on the same team.

2) The players that don't sit on that team and want to try and win will try to counteract 1) normally by creating endless pacts and weak coalitions.

3) The players in alliances without a winning option but still want to enjoy the server, will probably do a deal for the scraps with 1) or 2).

4) New players to the game will have a short lived experience.

Personally I would love to see a gold free server, it would involve far more strategy.

I doubt if we will see any change in player behaviour from the 1) - 3) approach, but maybe we will see that 4) gets to enjoy the game and we gain some new players.

If you want to fund a gold free server, why not have a global server, kind of 'best of the best' competition where alliances from 1) from all over the world can go to compete.