In built alarm

DeletedUser57161

Proposal: Addition of an in-built alarm

Reason: The current landscape of scripts leaves out players who don't understand code/ play on their phones.

Details: The grepolis app already sends notifications for incoming attacks, I assume it wouldn't be too much of a hassle adding an alarm. It would bring more balance to the game and serve to make the game more beginner friendly.

Visual Aids:

Balance: If the alarm can be turned on/off, it wouldn't be a problem for casual payers either.

Abuse Prevention: It should prevent the abuse of smaller player by big one's who seem untouchable. The only way it could abused is by spammers who will try to ruin your sleep, it could be dealt with by a simple, ' disable alarm' button.

Summary: please add an alarm, the only thing worse than loosing your slingers to a night attack is staying up paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:

curadh

Phrourach
I don't understand this as app already has alarm .. my phone goes off even before the attacks appear in browser

DeletedUser57161

I don't understand this as app already has alarm .. my phone goes off even before the attacks appear in browser
Are you referring to the notification as an alarm? I can't find anything that says alarm in the settings...

curadh

Phrourach
Yes attack alarm as attacks are launched .. its not continuous as in game but audible trumpets as each attack is launched

DeletedUser57161

Yes attack alarm as attacks are launched .. its not continuous as in game but audible trumpets as each attack is launched
How would I manage to keep my screen on for 8 hour straight? Besides I'm asking for a proper alarm capable waking people up

curadh

Phrourach
I have app alarm for when I am offline but it goes off even if I am online and certainly loud enough to wake me if I am asleep .. could wake the whole neighbourhood lol

DeletedUser57161

I have app alarm for when I am offline but it goes off even if I am online and certainly loud enough to wake me if I am asleep .. could wake the whole neighbourhood lol
I've installed GrepoAlert but it just doesn't go off unless its open (not in background, properly open) and the screen is on. If you use something else, please tell me the name/link to it

curadh

Phrourach
I just use the app itself .. no addons to it and the app doesn't need to be open I just check my login once a day in case of updates and then close it.

I looked at that GrepoAlert but didn't install as it needed access to far to much of my personal data .. plus it isn't approved as far as I can see anyway

DeletedUser57161

I just use the app itself .. no addons to it and the app doesn't need to be open I just check my login once a day in case of updates and then close it.

I looked at that GrepoAlert but didn't install as it needed access to far to much of my personal data .. plus it isn't approved as far as I can see anyway
Please tell me how to activate this alarm, I can't find it lol

curadh

Phrourach
I never activated it .. just installed the app and its there (I use Android)

Maybe you need to uninstall the app .. restart and then reinstall to reset it?

DeletedUser57161

Why? My app works perfectly and just trying to help you.
Because
1. I use the app too and only get notifications
2. I searched through the settings and couldn't find it.
3. If there was an inbuilt alarm, people wouldn't bother with scripts.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just saying it doesn't quite add up. Either ways, thanks for the help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38766

Because
1. I use the app too and only get notifications
Do you get attack notifications but without sound? If thats the case many had this.problem as well about 2 years ago. But all works fine again, for me at least. I cant' t remember the app that was temporary solution for it.

curadh

Phrourach
Scripts are for browser versions and add quite a lot of features to browser (they don't work on app) ... The alarm is the sole reason that most people install the app .. I would find app impossible to play with and if I need to log in on phone or tablet I use browser version anyway

curadh

Phrourach
I have just checked my app settings:
Email Notifications - I have all disabled
Notifications - all disabled
Push Notifications - all but attacks and Messages received disabled - I get messages and sound notifications for both of these

Last edited:

DeletedUser57161

Do you get attack notifications but without sound? If thats the case many had this.problem as well about 2 years ago. But all works fine again, for me at least. I cant' t remember the app that was temporary solution for it.
I get a ding/jingle but not an full on alarm that would wake me up

curadh

Phrourach
I get a ding for messages, but trumpets for attacks so maybe you have changed the default sounds in your phone app settings? If you uninstall and then restart before reinstalling the app it should remove any data left and allow a completely fresh install

DeletedUser38766

I get a ding/jingle but not an full on alarm that would wake me up
I think i get you point. So as an alarm you mean that should work for example as a song for few minutes rather than that 1 time horn sound?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
If you have app notifications turned on then the app alarm should sound each time an attack is sent. It does only sound once. This applies whether you are actively using the app or not. In addition if you log into the app and there is an incoming attack then it sounds then.

If this is not happening please raise a ticket and i will try to help you. To raise a ticket go to settings and click support or use this link.