Inactive Topic Inland Village Spying --- i.e. Peasant Peeping.

DeletedUser

Proposal: - Allow the spy to be sent to inland villages.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

If I say yes, I have checked... will you believe me?

Reason: - The expansion level and trading capabilities of the inland villages on an island can be a huge factor in the value of a city for conquest...

For instance, a city on a negative lumber island that has all level 1 villages, none of which trade for lumber is FAR less valuable than a city that has all level 6 villages, several that trade FOR lumber and thus compensate for the negative lumber production.

Unfortunately, If you (or one of your allies) doesn't already have a city on the island, there is no way to discover this information before you're *stuck* with the conquered city.

Details: - The action of sending a spy to an inland village would be the same as sending one to a player city.

Travel times would be the same.

The cost of a successful mission would be 1000 silver per level of the village (max: 6000).

The information returned will be level of the village and the resources it trades.

A failed mission would have NO effect other than loss of the player's silver.

For simplicity' sake, a village is considered to have infinite cave silver... so a failed mission does not deduct anything from the village.

Possible addon: The Merchant Shop cuts the cost of this mission in half.

Visual Aids: - I'm currently working on some sock puppets... but I'm having trouble getting Tyrion's nose to look right.

Balance: - Being a non-premium option, it should have no effect on gameplay balance.

Abuse Prevention: - I recommend Child Services.

Summary: Proper city location is one of the keys to dominating this game... knowing the details of an island before hand can allow a smart player to better place his cities.

Sending a spy to investigate inland villages on other islands helps a smart player... or even me... plan and choose our conquests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. It would be very helpful indeed. The better the value and advantage of a city the more likely you'd conquer it and this helps find out how much it is worth. Who wants to waste conquering city A when city B is better?

DeletedUser23516

Leave it to Rooster to post a good idea and still be able to throw some comedy in there

DeletedUser

At first i thought this was a troll thread, but i apologize deeply to you rooster, i should have known you do not troll. Please accept my eteral forgiveness, i will send you some bread or whatever Roosters eat.

As for the idea, totally agree with it.

DeletedUser

At first i thought this was a troll thread, but i apologize deeply to you rooster, i should have known you do not troll. Please accept my eteral forgiveness, i will send you some bread or whatever Roosters eat.

As for the idea, totally agree with it.

(lol)

No, no, no..... my shenanigans are cheeky and fun.... a troll's shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

and THAT is why I may not always have a purpose... but I always have a point.

Or... wait... is it... I may not always have a point... but I always have a purpose.

oh well... which ever one it is, that's why.

DeletedUser

Please adopt me Rooster, you are too funny...

Maybe... you any good at doing laundry, washing windows or grading maple syrup?

You know... Grade A Light Amber, Grade A Medium Amber, Grade A Dark Amber, Grade B.... etc?

(cool sig, by the way)

DeletedUser

Maybe... you any good at doing laundry, washing windows or grading maple syrup?

You know... Grade A Light Amber, Grade A Medium Amber, Grade A Dark Amber, Grade B.... etc?

I live off maple syrup, I'm half Canadian. I guarantee you, that you won't find a better maple syrup tester than me xD

As far as I can tell, no set backs to idea.

DeletedUser27793

the idea is good this will be handy
but this
"The Merchant Shop cuts the cost of this mission in half."
i dont like it
I think this should be removed
and rates should be higher

DeletedUser31931

the idea is good this will be handy
but this
"The Merchant Shop cuts the cost of this mission in half."
i dont like it
I think this should be removed
and rates should be higher
I agree, no need to have merchant shop play a role in it, and the rates should be doubled i think.

DeletedUser8396

A very good and insightful Idea, you have my men, my support, and my respect rooster...

Yes, i said I liked the idea in a long sappy way, deal with it ;)

DeletedUser

First... thanks for the support Pebble and Luke.

Second... good points Tusc & Kranthitejab.

My counter-points would be...

1. The Merchant Shop:

It really holds very little value in the game... in all the cities you've ever conquered... how many actually had that building? I've seen it once. Trying to put a bit more value to it.

The second half of the reason I am suggesting the Merchant Shop, is because the inland village attributes we are discussing have a good deal to do with trading resources... so I felt the Merchant Shop would specialize in these things.

Its certainly not a show stopper either way... if the forum decides the Merchant Shop should be out... Its out of the idea.

2. Cost -

normal spying on player cities doesn't cost more as we go up cultural levels... not sure why this should be different.

and the cost of expanding an inland village's resource level doesn't increase with a player's cultural level. The cost itself increases, but not based on the players CP.

also remember, this is PER village... each island has eight. so the silver required to map out the villages of an entire island would actually be 8000-48,000 silver.... MORE if you consider failed missions.

DeletedUser23986

Merchant shops are really useful for ww construction. So no to that. Otherwise i am fine with the idea.

DeletedUser27793

yeah me too
I say no for merchant shops(but wont bother if it is considered)
normal spying on player cities doesn't cost more as we go up cultural levels... not sure why this should be different.
But the amount of silver in ur enemy city increases as the world is getting old
so u will be spending more for spying am i right?
So i think it should also increase with cultural level see if u make it to 100 cities then spending 8k is very easy dont u think?
here i thought it would be a over all spy!
I think it would be good if we consider it with all the fv's
If u say we need to spend 48k then this is not useful at the early stage...
when we have a around of 10 cities as i wont have more than 50k when i have around 10 cities