Instant buy is ruining everything

• Thread starter DeletedUser30490
  • Start date

DeletedUser48638

I love it too! :) Let's be friends? Lol

I agree with you, small noob, those who don't use gold are in great disadvantage...

DeletedUser42857

I love it too! :) Let's be friends? Lol

I agree with you, small noob, those who don't use gold are in great disadvantage...

Not all gold use is equal.

People who dont use gold - as far as building goes they now can complete the last five minutes for free which helps them and if they have excess resources they can sell them for gold which can fund having advisors which can help their game. So the non gold users have benefits under the new system

People who use excessive amounts of gold - for them, this is even better, they can now buy resources so they can build even quicker. Granted, its going to cost them more to fast build walls etc now and fast build nukes, but they are the sort of people who arent really worried about how much they spend.

People who use sensible amounts of gold - the player who have the advisors, and keep a bit of gold on hand for halving build queues, halving the odd ls nuke, or fastbuilding the odd cs, golding the odd wall. These are the group most penalised. The kind of player who was willing to spend £5 on a bit of gold to quickly halve a wall building on a revolted city isnt going to spend £20 to insta build one. The kind of player who would regularly half their ls nuke build speed for 25 gold, isnt going to spend 300 gold instabuilding one. These are the players most effected, and are probably going to end up spending less money. And they are probably inno's biggest usergroup among the regular players.

DeletedUser46838

because it requires no time. look gold has become to powerful in the early stages but yeah inno does need money. gold trading and instant buy are both an issue which won't be solved until all players buy gold. nothing else will convince inno otherwise.

In the halfing its is 25 gold coins/ cutting time. But now you need like 150(medium gold cost) in order to accelerate a build process. Id rather have the cutting it in half.

DeletedUser21625

People who use sensible amounts of gold - the player who have the advisors, and keep a bit of gold on hand for halving build queues, halving the odd ls nuke, or fastbuilding the odd cs, golding the odd wall. These are the group most penalised. The kind of player who was willing to spend £5 on a bit of gold to quickly halve a wall building on a revolted city isnt going to spend £20 to insta build one. The kind of player who would regularly half their ls nuke build speed for 25 gold, isnt going to spend 300 gold instabuilding one. These are the players most effected, and are probably going to end up spending less money. And they are probably inno's biggest usergroup among the regular players.

this.

Inno is really cutting out its bread-and-butter players, this will be another of their 'unintended consequences', of their instant-build scheme. They have always made a profit on this game, thanks to their loyal base of thousands of players willing to spend a moderate amount to play competitively.

By pushing for more gold purchases, they are tipping the balance to those heavy gold spenders. Now, i know they will make a lot of short-term profit on this scheme, but i cant help but wonder how their balance sheet will look once the average gold users leave the building.

personally, i know i cant keep up, so my grepo future is uncertain. Too bad for me, but too bad for Innogames as well.

DeletedUser36743

Not all gold use is equal.

People who dont use gold - as far as building goes they now can complete the last five minutes for free which helps them and if they have excess resources they can sell them for gold which can fund having advisors which can help their game. So the non gold users have benefits under the new system

People who use excessive amounts of gold - for them, this is even better, they can now buy resources so they can build even quicker. Granted, its going to cost them more to fast build walls etc now and fast build nukes, but they are the sort of people who arent really worried about how much they spend.

Agree 100%...

DeletedUser

I was looking forward to joining a new world after a good break from the game with more or less these exact settings , but won't bother. I use gold to keep premiums and cut the odd build , but will not be able to contend with the spending that the game allows now. I've never played the game to only win and that's it , always been to play well , have fun and become the best you can. With the lack of strategy needed , the lack of looting/farming needed with the instant trades for gold and not needing to be as active anymore due to just building instant defence and walls and no need to be wise anymore with recruitment spells , I'm am going to have to leave joining a new world for maybe another day/year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Inno has been trying the shift away from browser games into the mobile app sector for years. It requires them to have games revolved around pretty graphics and mindless clicking in effort to continually expand profit margins.
Instant buy is just another step in that direction which Grep has been moving in since clicky farming and gold to cut build times were introduced.

Imo its going to be a complete pay to win mobile app before long. Everybody thinks there was some kind of victory in getting them to put the warfare packages on hold yet there is little difference in that to what events like Commander of Rome offer. They will just increase the frequency of the events instead and then there will be almost round the clock troop buying (kind of feels like that already).

That said there is very little point in moaning about it in the community forums, loosing the players who have been around since 'the good ol days' of grep matters little aslong as they can be replaced by new players who are happy to mindlessly click/spend.
Thats their target audience.

Anyway if you dont like where it is heading then just find a new game to play or find a way to still enjoy this one.

DeletedUser30490

Inno has been trying the shift away from browser games into the mobile app sector for years. It requires them to have games revolved around pretty graphics and mindless clicking in effort to continually expand profit margins.
Instant buy is just another step in that direction which Grep has been moving in since clicky farming and gold to cut build times were introduced.

Imo its going to be a complete pay to win mobile app before long. Everybody thinks there was some kind of victory in getting them to put the warfare packages on hold yet there is little difference in that to what events like Commander of Rome offer. They will just increase the frequency of the events instead and then there will be almost round the clock troop buying (kind of feels like that already).

That said there is very little point in moaning about it in the community forums, loosing the players who have been around since 'the good ol days' of grep matters little aslong as they can be replaced by new players who are happy to mindlessly click/spend.
Thats their target audience.

Anyway if you dont like where it is heading then just find a new game to play or find a way to still enjoy this one.

I don't see inno shifting from browser games completely into mobile app games,that' stupid. I agree with the "complete pay to win" part though. Inno are changing grepo day by day removing old features and implementing all sorts of new ones with the intention of adding some gold feature to each of them The new farms for example i'm sure they will come up with an idea to increase the resources gotten or some other pathetic gold feature to get more income.
Events are not as frequent as being able to go buy a warfare package every hour using money. You don't have events every hour, event frequency has been increased too,I saw a post on the dev blog saying they plan on having another event in August/September. So basically they will be spending the next month or two thinking of a new event that they can get the maximum income from.
There are still many players who are around hoping grepo would change that have been playing for along time. They can only hope that inno will actually start improving the game again. Moaning on the external is the only way to voice our opinion about how much we think inno is ruining the game.

DeletedUser

Off topic or not. This game is changing. The old Grep is dead. Fluff/Insta Buy Grep is here now :(

DeletedUser

I don't see inno shifting from browser games completely into mobile app games,that' stupid. I agree with the "complete pay to win" part though. Inno are changing grepo day by day removing old features and implementing all sorts of new ones with the intention of adding some gold feature to each of them The new farms for example i'm sure they will come up with an idea to increase the resources gotten or some other pathetic gold feature to get more income.
Events are not as frequent as being able to go buy a warfare package every hour using money. You don't have events every hour, event frequency has been increased too,I saw a post on the dev blog saying they plan on having another event in August/September. So basically they will be spending the next month or two thinking of a new event that they can get the maximum income from.
There are still many players who are around hoping grepo would change that have been playing for along time. They can only hope that inno will actually start improving the game again. Moaning on the external is the only way to voice our opinion about how much we think inno is ruining the game.

I dont blame you for trying but I think regarding gold trading/instant buy its going to fall on deaf ears. There was 45 pages of negative feedback before it was implemented and it still went ahead so i doubt much will get them to reserve it now, best you can hope for is that some aspects are changed.

Anyway obviously im happy to be completly wrong on the things i said but its just the path i see Inno going down.

DeletedUser31385

The only way to get them to stop is to hit them in the pocketbook.

DeletedUser42857

jebus. that's less than 48 hours' worth of play time? Inno won't see a single bit of currency from me ever again as long as this is happening.

e64Ha51.png

This is two-three isolated players who are known to spend gold to extreme.

most of the average gold players are considerably behind that. In the screenshot even fourth place is well behind those three. Cant really judge it on those three players.

If you take out those three, the guy in fourth, although a gold user hasnt spent excessively.

as said earlier, the heavy heavy gold spenders benefit as they can now buy resources, the non gold users benefit as they can trade for gold to get advisors etc. Its the sensible gold users who lose out as they can no longer half build costs for a reasonable price.

Whats sad, is all three of those players are good enough and experienced enough to play the game without spending that amount. All three could show some restraint, maybe budget themselves and actually have far more fun by challenging themselves to see if they can be #1 or #3 without spending that much. I dont really get why they do it, maybe being 1st is that important to them.

But as said, its a very small group of players that are using gold to that extreme, i suggest your complaint should be directed at them rather than inno.

DeletedUser31385

most of the average gold players are considerably behind that. In the screenshot even fourth place is well behind those three. Cant really judge it on those three players.

If you take out those three, the guy in fourth, although a gold user hasnt spent excessively.

as said earlier, the heavy heavy gold spenders benefit as they can now buy resources, the non gold users benefit as they can trade for gold to get advisors etc. Its the sensible gold users who lose out as they can no longer half build costs for a reasonable price.

Without gold trading, they would be broke on resources. MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE INNO!

DeletedUser23986

Whats sad, is all three of those players are good enough and experienced enough to play the game without spending that amount. All three could show some restraint, maybe budget themselves and actually have far more fun by challenging themselves to see if they can be #1 or #3 without spending that much. I dont really get why they do it, maybe being 1st is that important to them.

But as said, its a very small group of players that are using gold to that extreme, i suggest your complaint should be directed at them rather than inno.

The complain is directed at instant buy, not gold trading. They don't need to move hand in hand. We can gold trading without instant buy too. I do agree that its the sensible gold users who lose out most.

DeletedUser48021

BP just ended and people have 5/6 cities already.
That alone is why instant buy is here to stay.
This game is F'd.