Passed Intimidating Farming Villages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: Have the ability to "conquer" farms over intimidation instead of force.

Have I checked the lists: A VERY brief look. I apologize if something is similar.

Reason: Just to give a new way to conquer farms. Also to give a way to get farms without killing troops. It also adds a touch of realism. Most importantly, gives a way to get farms with naval cities (I saw this with the help of Horus)

Details: In the current system, you have a troop limit. Once you reach that troop limit, you have the choice to attack the village. Once you kill off the defenses of it, you get to use that farm.

With this idea implemented, you are allowed to do the attack method OR use intimidation on the village to make them yours.

The troop limit must still be reached in order to gain the farm.

What intimidation does, is calculate your troops and city size, and calculate a score. This score will determine if a village will join you or not. The score will be calculated by adding total troops/ships and add it on the city score.

With each farm, the intimidation score required goes up.

****These are only examples, and are subject to change****

1st farm - 100
2nd farm - 1000
3rd farm - 2000
4th farm - 3000
5th farm - 4500
6th farm - 6500
7th farm - 8000
8th farm - 10000

So lets assume you want to get your 3rd farm by intimidation. You build your city and troops, you reach the required troop amount, and you want to get your village.

You need 2000 score. So you have a 1800 point city and 200 troops.

You meet the requirements, so you go to the famr sand initmidate it.

You now have your fourth farm.

Visual Aid: N/A

Abuse Prevention: I currently can't think of anything. I am open to ideas though.

Summary: Have the ability to "conquer" farms over intimidation instead of force.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great idea, if not for a minor flaw that some players will build 5-6k cities and up to 3k units, but still wont meet the requirement to clear the 8th village, yet the city could be a naval one.

Other than that, this looks good.

DeletedUser

i personally like this idea . . . however the point of 2.0 farming is so players understand the battle aspect of the game . . . so if this was something that only activated after u had 2 cities then i would be for it :)

moved to improvements

please continue to collaborate on this idea

DeletedUser8396

I guess that would be good to do. It does keep the beginning run for troops still alive and teach a little bit what battle will be like.

So I will add that in if there are no other objections to it.

Any thoughts on the 2 city limit guys?

DeletedUser8396

No thoughts? it takes a bit of effort to think of these things :p

DeletedUser

Sounds like a good compromise, two cities as a minimum requirement seems fine to me.

DeletedUser11965

This is great! I really don't want to build a army to get FV for a naval city

DeletedUser8396

Yeah, thats probably the best aspect of this idea. Please dont let this die guys.

DeletedUser

Have yet to hear from you WB, would like your opinion.

Oops :p I missed something :)

This idea is well suited to Grepolis, adds a new dimension to the farms, and actually gives a better trade off for the players.

Before most players, such as myself, wouldn't bother with getting more than 6 farms because after that they just wouldn't be worth it for the foreseeable future, due to troop losses and no BP gained.

This makes farms more attractive, which in my opinion is a big bonus.

DeletedUser

There should be a cost element to it imho. So in order to intimidate you have to spend some resources. It can be similar to the point system. Otherwise it makes the choice between conquer and intimidate too simple. So let's say for a level 8 village you need would lose roughly 400slingers.

400x55= 22k
400x100=40k
400x40=16k
Total=78K

V1 = 300 of each resource (or 900 total contributed)
V2 = 1k of each resource (or 3k total contributed)
V3 = 2k of each resource (or 6k total contributed)
V4 = 5k of each resource (or 15k total contributed)
V5 = 10k of each resource (or 30k total contributed)
V6 = 15k of each resource (or 45k total contributed)
V7 = 20k of each resource (or 60k total contributed)
V8 = 25k of each resource (or 75k total contributed)

Then it makes sense to call it Bribery ;) So if you have the right number of points and you have bribed them enough you get the city. Because otherwise the ability to save 78K's worth of troops makes the choice of whether to conquer or bribe too easy.

DeletedUser8396

I dont want to add in a cost element. If I do, I want it significantly lower than what you are saying.

No one cares about losing the units. They care about the time it takes to rebuild them.

With this, the rebuild time for the units is countered for the time required to build your city.

Example:

You would need an 8k city with a full army to be able to intimidate your last village. That time outweighs the time to rebuild your army.

Sooooo, no cost element at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20429

I love this idea. It makes farming a lot easier. Because as WB said it's just not worth getting the 7th and 8th villages due to the resistance they pose. I do hope this gets implemented. A major yes from me :D

DeletedUser8396

Almost forgot about this one. Can this be moved to voting?

DeletedUser

How about having a ONE-CLICK button that will farm all of the cities villages at a selected time? I.E. A small FARMING VILLAGE window opens and there you can select the time you want,5 min, 30 min, 90 min , 180 min, etc etc, select what you want and click one button and every cities village are done!

Thank you for the concentration,
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.