Is it fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11965

Im proud to be a jerk, please oh please -rep me more ;)

If you can't handle being attacked 13 times a day, either you are in the wrong alliance, or you just don't know how to play. I suggest you go look at guides, and ask for help, and not debate whether this is fair or not.

DeletedUser345

Im proud to be a jerk, please oh please -rep me more ;)

If you can't handle being attacked 13 times a day, either you are in the wrong alliance, or you just don't know how to play. I suggest you go look at guides, and ask for help, and not debate whether this is fair or not.

He asked what he could do about it, seems to me like you just wanted to be a jerk for no reason rather than help the new player - great bully attitude there; worried he'll surpass you on the next world? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser11965

He asked what he could do about it, seems to me like you just wanted to be a jerk for no reason rather than help the new player - great bully attitude there; worried he'll surpass you on the next world? :rolleyes:

im not worried at all, im not a great player so why would i worry. What i am worry about is why ignorant people post these type of useless stuff to rant about.

DeletedUser

ArShark, while i do see what you're saying... That is not the right attitude to have right now. We need posters on the forums and mocking them/being rude isn't going to get people to stick around.

We have all made silly posts/threads (I don't think this was a silly one tbh, he was just after some help) in the past.

If you have nothing nice to say to, or about, someone then please do not post it- Especially if that person is a new member of this forum.

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything but I think arshark is just being truthful, and while the truth can be rude, it should be known. I don't think he meant any offense , at least, I think :p

DeletedUser39847

I would suggest messaging larger players around you for advice and explaining that you are new to the game. I often get messages from new players looking for advice if i farm them or if someone else is and i always try to point them in the right direction whether it be to these forums or even groms page.

Usually the larger player will help out the newer player...i usually do as i was new years ago too and i was shown the same courtesy. There are lots of tactics but i found LS chasing to be the best and your militia comes in very useful. Then when your ready smash the player that kept attacking you...that's the ultimate satisfaction :pro: but don't give up over being attacked...the game is good fun when you learn new tricks and tactics.

Happy gaming :)

DeletedUser25249

Well the guy looking for help must accept the good with the bad in game and here, like folk have said if you are really looking for help, then you should listen an learn.
I personally have loved passing on mad skillz as it makes me feel good, as for being farmed just dodge and build troops, if you aint got time to dodge you are in the wrong game....simple

DeletedUser11965

I would suggest messaging larger players around you for advice and explaining that you are new to the game. I often get messages from new players looking for advice if i farm them or if someone else is and i always try to point them in the right direction whether it be to these forums or even groms page.

Usually the larger player will help out the newer player...i usually do as i was new years ago too and i was shown the same courtesy. There are lots of tactics but i found LS chasing to be the best and your militia comes in very useful. Then when your ready smash the player that kept attacking you...that's the ultimate satisfaction :pro: but don't give up over being attacked...the game is good fun when you learn new tricks and tactics.

Happy gaming :)

larger players are too busy with themselves they can't be bothered.

A better idea is to just go to a new world

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything but I think arshark is just being truthful, and while the truth can be rude, it should be known. I don't think he meant any offense , at least, I think :p

I believe Arshark said something about all caps, and so did a few others. If that is what you call truthful, then I am sure you can truly say (well with as much truth as you said he was truthful) that you are a great person, and a even better Grepolis player...

anyway he was just asking advice if you have no advice then don't post

some help:

1) try to join an alliance that is supportive of its members, and can hold its own

2) talk to some players that are in a very large alliance near you, they will usually help you out like swarren102 says, I know I do when I am quite a bit larger than a nearby player

3) don't built troops just to kill a couple of his/her, a large reason for him attacking you is for Battle Points which help him get more cities, but do enlist the militia which are in the farm overview, and although they aren't the best units (not nearly), they do kill his units, earning you Battle Points, but not earning him Battle Points

4) build defensive units such as swordsmen, hoplites, and archers that you can research in the academy, and store them in a friendly nearby city that is not being attacked. When you have enough that you think you can kill all of his units, and still have enough to defend yourself, try it out in the simulator with the usual amount of units he/she attacks with, and if you do have enough troops to defend yourself, move those troops into your city, and remember to enlist the militia when he attacks.

5) build buildings such as the wall, cave, resource buildings, market, academy, barracks, and the senate so that your wall will help kill his units, you can store silver (unlimited at level 10) in your cave, the resource buildings will help you build up resources to build other buildings. The Senate will help speed up building times. The market will let you store resources at outrageous prices so that nobody will take them while you are being attacked. The academy will help you research things that can help your units. Barracks will increase building times of troops, so you can build more in less time.

6) cast spells such as desire on his attacks (spells that harm attacking units) so that his units have even less of a chance

7) and most importantly stay actively on, so that you can see each time he attacks, and be able to dodge, and send your resources to farming villages, or other nearby players in your alliance.

I know most people (at least my alliance, and friends on Grepolis) like to help people out, and be nice, because you never know when there could be a time they could help you, and it is my belief that you should be nice just to be nice. Although I do give certain exceptions *cough*enemies on Grepolis*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39847

To be fair that advice starts the problem all over again as the new player won't learn anything by running away from the situation rather than learning to deal with it.

now i'm not exactly a small player in my current world and i'm not too busy to answer new players giving them help. We want to entice new players to play not scare them off forever.

*EDIT* i -rep'd you for that. not helpful at all

DeletedUser6029

I'd -rep you again if I could. That is the most stupid, obnoxious, AND BLATANTLY FALSE advise I have ever heard.
Not only that, but it totally perpetuates the current problem we face as a game where the servers are emptying out before they actually can get going.....

DeletedUser11965

Ask me how many times I have help another player not inside my alliance. NEVER. I find it a waste of time, when their own alliance can educate them. If your own alliance can't help, then no one can.

DeletedUser

I believe Arshark said something about all caps, and so did a few others. If that is what you call truthful, then I am sure you can truly say (well with as much truth as you said he was truthful) that you are a great person, and a even better Grepolis player...

First off, I'm glad to see you observed the partial sarcasm in the posts. Second, I was referring to the first post of arshark on this page. Third, clearly you didn't see the advice that I had offered (which was in seriousness).

Anyways I find that many grepolis players provide help, knowledge, guidance, etc. In Rho, a guy 5 times my size in the beginning helped me, even as started enemies. The helping and guidance still goes on today, which is clear.

DeletedUser6029

Ask me how many times I have help another player not inside my alliance. NEVER. I find it a waste of time, when their own alliance can educate them. If your own alliance can't help, then no one can.
Oh I still don't agree, however, THAT isn't what you said.
HOWEVER, if I have a farm, and they have the decency to correspond with me civilly and I see that they are simply new instead of just a casual player, AND have the heart to learn, I will stop farming them and groom them....EVEN if they aren't in my alliance. I would however invite them into mine as my "grasshopper". It is not unheard of for alliances to suck for the majority and rock for the top 10 members. Hello?

DeletedUser39031

I believe that everyone who's posted here is right. Not every player will help a new player. The best way to learn is to either find an alliance or an experienced player who is willing, and ask them for mental support. Not actual support, otherwise this player may have doubts about whether it be worthwhile. Start off by taking easy cities (ghosts/inactives/founding) and before you know it, bam.

Although I agree with ArShark, unless its your alliance or an elite alliance, then I doubt you will get much help.

DeletedUser22708

In Caly i moved to the rim and i was planning on simming there, but then these small players who just started there with like cities of 1k points asked if i would make an alliance and protect them and maybe teach them a few things. Well i said, why not, i got time on my hands so better do something useful. Plus, we've all been noobs at this game, some still are :p and getting advice and tactics from a more experienced player when you just started is always appreciated imo. Sure everyone takes a city once in a while from a player who just started, maybe because the city is just in a good location. But we should welcome these new guys and train them, so later they can stand by our side, or be our new enemy and you're sure they will provide a good fight and not just play turtle or something.

DeletedUser345

This is utter tosh and you are quite clearly an obnoxious person and a grepo snob. I doubt you would have felt the same way when you were a newb and an experienced player refused to help you as it would be 'a waste of time'. That last statement is complete rubbish; guides on the forum will help them, the wiki will help them and other experienced players taking the time to help some new players get into the game will help them.

DeletedUser

He can't +rep achilles again.
It was spammy, no need to post if you're +repping people guys... I'm sure they realised that you repped them when they received the notification.

And i'd just like to point out that the wiki is there... If you can be bothered to read a fair bit, it has all of the information that you need on it.

DeletedUser11886

I've been following this thread for a while now, and this has just became another example of what happens on the internet these days. People ask questions, or try to suggest or ask for help about something and suddenly arguments spring up and they get bashed.

DeletedUser

I've been following this thread for a while now, and this has just became another example of what happens on the internet these days. People ask questions, or try to suggest or ask for help about something and suddenly arguments spring up and they get bashed.

The way it was worded was asking to be bashed. I don't understand this fair thing anyway.... what is this "fair"

Status
Not open for further replies.