Is your alliance AGAINST THE HUN!!!???

DeletedUser

Then stop attacking in 1's and 2's!!

Message me in game or message here. I am going to try and start a server wide ALLIANCE list of those against the hun!!

Your alliance may have 2 people in it or 200, and I understand why some of you may fear attacking them. If you are as tired as I am seeing the hun move closer and closer to your cities (or they may be attacking you!! ) then it's time to end these guys.

NOT EVERYONE has to help with troops! You can be anon and send resources to those actively engaged against the hun! Do you know how much wood, marble and silver, would help people? holy cow.. could get people built faster and get them fielded faster to destroy hun faster.

I'm not asking for NAP's or Pacts as of yet, I just want info. My goal is to create a united offensive against these guys, but I need your names first.

"OMG haha BBQsauce.. but the hun will see this QQ"

Who cares. They know nobody likes them, they will get over it.

Also.. How will they defend against us when I am only gathering information as of this point?

"you noob! they will just get a spy in there"

duh.. of course they will-- prob using a multi account which just happens to be against the TOS but we just have to deal with it. I will try to come up with an answer to this if there were to be any further progression of thoughts and ideas ( and I welcome ideas on how to counter spies!)

Again.. this is just a simple "i am with you, I cant stand the hun!"

or "haha you will fail" works as well :p

Please message me in game if you wish to protect your alliances privacy, or announce it loud and proud here!

and I'm not the only one folks!

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=9722

such a lack of replies..

I feel like I'm playing Sim City so often.. Does anyone think the Hun are going to go.. "you know what guys.. I am happy with all the cities I have. I dont want to conquer anymore."

"you know what pigface.. Your right. I am really content right now"

"oh me too RTRD"

I mean come on.. does anyone just want to sit and wait for them to self destruct or would you rather be the detonator? I'm just saying.

DeletedUser

Hi there.

To answer your question, no, my alliance is not against the Huns. Various reasons.

1) Self-interest. We're based in O55, Delta Core, where the only alliances left standing are ourselves, Huns, DoA, IoA and Black. Perg to a smaller degree resulting from the BoM war. If we ever considered going against the Huns/DoA coalition with some other coalition, we'd be the first casualties.

2) Diplomacy. NAP with DoA/IoA. Unofficial agreement with the Huns.

3) Honour. You speak of them using multi-accounts to spy, a dishonourable practice as I'm sure all here can agree. Care to offer any sort of proof that they have ever, even once, done this? I do know they had at least one spy in BoM, but it wasn't a multi, it was someone trying to save himself. Do you think making accusations of such a serious nature speaks as well to your honour? My alliances NAP with DoA is a relatively recent thing. Even before that though, we didn't have problems from them because myself and Fortyfour had an agreement. DoA didn't need to make that agreement, they could have wiped us out before we got settled with ease, but they upheld it despite no official agreement. The same is true of Sparky and the Huns. Look through this very forum. OTC has at least two topics dedicated to their double-dealings with weaker alliances. If I recall correctly, didn't the Huns/DoA go to war with them some time back?

4) Reality. Lets be honest here. For all your rabble-rousing, what honest chance do you think you have? IM has an average points of about 6K higher than IoA, DoA's training alliance. Your alliances has about 70K average points less than the Huns. Your biggest player is smaller than a whopping twenty three members of the Huns. That's more members than my entire alliance. If even half of those members, or a quarter, rallied against you, it'd be quick work. Well, if you weren't so far away at least.

5) Whats new? Every few weeks, some alliance or other thinks its time to try this. Every time, it fails quickly and/or quietly. I can see the motivation, but how has anything changed? In some cases, it even seems as though its the same players who've been rimmed at least once already. How is this topic any different to the dozen or two that have already went up and went dead?

6) Your final points. Give me a single example where a member of the Huns/DoA have called anyone pigface or RTRD. Actually, give me a single example where any member of the Huns/DoA have used excessive !!!!???? in their topic subject lines? Less than awe-inspiring on your part. Again. Let me ask you this. Are you happy with all the cities you have? Do you want to stop conquering? Maybe you just conquer inactives, in which case you might as well play Sim City, but if you conquer active players, how are you any different to Placi or Sparky or whoever else?

Ultimately, my posting this is just an exercise in typing. You won't be swayed, your mind is made up and you've already practically declared war. Maybe it will enlighten others though before they repeat your mistake. To put it clearly, this effort is no different to every other one that failed. To put it bluntly, you will get spies. Not multi's, but people who join your efforts and straight away have second thoughts. To answer the question you haven't asked, I am quite happy to leave the Huns to conquer away while I do likewise. If and when they do something dishonourable, something any other alliance in their position wouldn't do, then I might consider agreeing with you. But lets face facts here, these topics are posted because you can't stop their attacks on your own. You see this sort of topic with every other player who can't stop attacks, from whatever source, the only difference being that the Huns and their friends have survived, the others less so.

I'm biased, I'll admit, for the various reasons I've listed and others I won't, but c'mon, you deserve to fail spectacularly - or perhaps quietly - simply for your lack of imagination in your approach. I'd give more credit to your efforts had I got a PM from you than reading this... thing. Not that I'd jump on any bandwagon, but you'd have had some respect. This topic has earned only my exasperation at what is a blatant error in judgement.

Regards,

Finton.
Asylum.

DeletedUser

Really? gonna QQ about specifics where I just use those names as examples? good lord man.. it's a game.. a WAR game at that.. get a sense of humor.

again.. it's a game!

and yes. I do believe they have spies; am I going to reveal what I have done and what sources i have? get a clue. You can be a fan boy of the Hun all you want, but the simple reality is; dont come on here acting all high and mighty putting yourself and the Huns on this imaginary pedistool.

dont like it, get out. Thats what I offer to you sir.

------

now.. to the serious folks who are serious about doing this.

What I'm looking for here are serious alliances looking into a serious group of folks who are going to work on getting the hun taken down.

-----------------

and heaven forbid someone make an honest attempt to do more then sit on their thumbs. What have you done lately sir? Are you active? if you are, then you should understand what I am trying to do.. though I believe you are more of a supporter of the hun.. prob either wanting a pact with them.. or posting here to show some form of open support to them so they will think twice about crushing you guys? dunno.. just thinking out loud there.

edit--haha forgot to respond to the whole "imagination" part LOL really bud? tell me.. in this game, how much imagination does it take? should I go and create a website with spreadsheets with all attacks showing this and that, then create a external chat site so everyone involved can talk to everyone, but I have to create email where I will gather everyone's phone numbers... blah blah blah.. really ? imagination? I spent 10 years in the air force.. I'm all about keeping it simple. you crack me up

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am just wondering how wise it is to publicly rally people against the huns............
what you are trying to do needs a very brave, wise and strategic mastermind to pull it off.
but unfortunately, the fact that you publicly advertised it doesn't bode well to assert people that you are capable of such a feat.

piece of advice, if you want to target a huge alliance, do this with cloaks and daggers, rally people secretly.......... for the only thing you now succeeded in doing, is to alert the Huns against a threat............ strategy and politics my friend.........

DeletedUser

BBQ,

You obviously don't know me and my alliance. Unsurprising, since I've never heard of you prior to reading this topic. I came onto the Delta forums because, to be entirely truthful, I wanted to pass the time. That achieved, I obviously made an impression so I look forward to continue to do so.

As you said yourself, it is a war game. Huns conquer. DoA conquers. I conquer. You conquer. Or did you get those cities of yours by starting colonies and building them up? Apart from the fact that the Huns/DoA coalition is bigger than anything thats been pitted against them thus far, can you actually provide me or anyone else with even a half-decent reason to want to go to war with them? Because frankly, and I've said it only recently, I don't object to the status quo. It suits me and it suits my members. That's all I'm interested in. Not in fairness, because - I repeat - you said yourself its a war game.

"dont like it, get out. Thats what I offer to you sir." - Thanks, but I suspect you'll be rimmed sooner rather than later. You're not in a position to tell me to get out. If you want to be, conquer your way in from the rim and try fight me. Until then, you don't have the right to tell me to get out, get off these forums or to do anything else. Issuing commands like that, or offers, without being able to back them up with anything but typo's will do nothing for your efforts and will likely harm efforts made by others with more wit and/or intelligence. Good job.

I am active. I do understand what you are trying to do. I just don't agree with you. It doesn't suit me and it probably doesn't suit those who will join you out of some misguided sense of being David to the Hun's Goliath. With the less than admirable efforts you've been making, they'll lose their cities. How many people need to tell you that advertising the fact that you're rallying against the coalition will doom those very efforts?

I don't want a pact with the Huns. I'd accept one, of course, but I haven't sought one. My first post clarifies this. My alliance already has an unofficial agreement with Sparky. And yes, unofficial as it may be, both sides work to keep it on the basis of honour. That is why there has never been a proper cohesive effort against the coalition. They keep their word. How can I as a leader of an alliance know that whoever would replace them would keep theirs? As for being crushed, Asylum isn't a rim alliance. If I needed to post open support for them to keep my alliance from being rimmed, don't you think I'd have done it months ago?

Speaking of imagination though, the external chat site idea would actually be a good one. Anonymous, invite-only and with the motivation that it would provide a venue for like-minded individuals to complain and moan. Less than a glowing picture, but done by the right person, it could potentially start a movement in Delta that would see results. Of course, I doubt you're the right person and equally I wouldn't be bothered visiting myself. I'm quite happy how things stand.

Lad, you can band together all the MRA's you want and you won't ever pull off the feat you aim for. You simply provide the Huns a legitimate reason to go after all the MRA's and have the decent alliances seeing nothing wrong with it. Every war needs some justification. Lacking that, you forge everyone else against you. My ultimate point is that you have no justification in this case. The Huns are big. They conquer people. So do I. So does any player that survives. I don't hold it against them and I hold it even less against myself. If they cheat, or they arbitrarily throw away agreements or insult every alliance but their own, then fine, you have justification. Being successful doesn't constitute being evil. If it did, what would be the point in aspiring to be successful in the first place?

Finton.
Asylum.

DeletedUser

Shouldn't you just contact Nwinder over at Legion of Chaos? His email address is in game email is - Nwinder - He's already working up a storm on this very concept. Though I think perhaps that distance from his enemies is a bit of an obstacle. I highly suggest you contact him. He has shown himself to be intelligent, honorable, and of sound tactical mind. If you were to have any chance, it would be with him leading your cause.

Truth be told, I've probably been contacted by just as many alliances wanting help in fighting nwinder's "grand Coalition" than they have wanting to fight us . Strange really how all the dynamics work. They can't really manage to keep "good guy" status and still achieve the Battle-points and city-expansion needed to acomplish their ultimate goals without turning into the very thing they strive to destroy. An interesting conundrum really. There is as we speak a coalition forming to oppose the coalition that formed to oppose us. That is a beautiful thing.

I have no problem with you attempting your own, but you will have a much higher chance of success if you join with them. The more alliances that joine you, the more BP and fun-filled battles there is to be had by all.

The simple truth is, as long as Doa and The Huns continue to cooperate and watch each others back, and do not somehow implode from the inside as Nataraja did(which at this stage is highly unlikely), it is simply too late in the game to effectively destroy us. You can perhaps hamper our expansion, and maybe even defend your core area if its in a remote location.

That said, I understand you feel you must do something, so I encourage you to make the attempt. I want nothing more than to keep things interesting and robust. Good luck, I'm afraid your going to need it.

forty - Leader of Doa

DeletedUser

Well, our charge has not fizzled out - while this move by BBQSauce is not part of our move against The Huns and their allies - I would offer my support to anyone standing against The Huns.

I have a previous relationship with BBQSauce and can honestly say that sometimes he gets aggressive, but his heart is in the right place. At the end of the day that is what matters.

And to Finton - thank you for your educated, well spoken, and intelligent responses. I can't honestly disagree with most of what you say. That being said - we stand in two different places, on two different coasts over looking two very different shores.

I make the claim I have made since I first posted on the forums the thread "A Call To Arms" - Legion of Chaos does, and shall always stand against The Huns and her allies.

FortyFour - also thanks for your response. And you have it entirely correct. As I stated in that original post, if something is not done quickly, the only chance we have of The Huns and allies not winning this server is for an impulsion. Which, though I am a gambling man, is not a bet I would take.

I openly have invited those interested to contact me.

DeletedUser

HI FROM TEH HUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? :Angry:

Yeah so we don't have spies doing multi-accounting, as that would be against the ToS. We actually don't have any active spies in the alliances we are sparring with at the moment (Eaters of the Dead, Legion of Chaos, Imperium Magnus).

We did have spies in the past in Holy War Crusaders and Black (the original one, run by legionreturns, not the current black) and a couple of others hardly worth mentioning.

And I don't even know what RTRD means so I don't think I've called anyone that.

DeletedUser

OK most of us (with the exception of some) don't hate the Huns but merely are afraid of them. And as we all know fear is one of the best weapons.... so how do you expect to beat it with a butter knife? War is like a rigged game of rock, paper, scissors where fear beats all.

DeletedUser

OK most of us (with the exception of some) don't hate the Huns but merely are afraid of them. And as we all know fear is one of the best weapons.... so how do you expect to beat it with a butter knife? War is like a rigged game of rock, paper, scissors where fear beats all.

Hey man, I know you already tried to create an Anti-Huns thread, and I'd like to say I feel bad what jerks those guys were to you. As for this thread, I think that it will just make someone mad, but I have no words of discouragement, so go ahead if you want, I'm not criticizing.

DeletedUser

thats why I posted that reply because I know from personal experience that if you bluff and hope that others come to help you..... you might get called

DeletedUser

bluffs? WTH is everyone talking about bluffs? and does anyone else think this face..>>>>> :Angry: <<<<< .. looks more Hilarious?

but seriously.. no joke. I'm sad that I have only received one thoughtful reply; guess I expected more from people playing a war game.

Step up and put your alliance on the map; there is no need to be a shadow.

Like I said.. sending resources would be of help even--and tell you what... I do not want ANY charity in any way; so if you think this is a way for me to get resources, say toodle's to that.

All we need to do is get organized, and the first step to getting organized is messaging me.

DeletedUser

BBQ,

You actually received several well-considered responses since we had our discussion last night. You have people posting from the Huns/DoA side being friendly enough - though hardly supportive - along with people who have tried and failed and even a post from the man who's probably making the best effort towards your own goals since the start of Delta.

To say that all you need to do is get organized is, I think its fair to say, a bit optimistic and simplifying the requirements of these efforts far too much. What you need to do is build up forces away from Huns/DoA expansion and wait for them to get to you. A few - yes - organized alliances that don't go looking to fight the coalition in their territory but instead wait for them to come to your territory would likely achieve far more.

I still believe that you've failed to provide justification for this war of yours. The fact is, the only reason these efforts are made is because without a unified effort against the coalition, they'll take cities from anyone they don't have diplomatic relations with and there's little to be said or done about it. Presuming, and I think its fair to say its unlikely, that the Huns/DoA were beaten, disbanded and so forth, would any alliance(s) that grow to take their place be better or worse in that regard? I know my alliance conquers anyone but those we have diplomatic relations with, and there's little enough to be said or done about that. Surely your own alliance doesn't recall their CS' from someone's city because they ask nicely or scream at you that you're being unfair? I know the Huns/DoA, I don't know who would replace them and so without justification beyond the fact that the Huns/DoA does what any successful alliance does (conquer), there isn't a chance I'd support a move against them, openly or in the shadows. Its nothing against you personally, or nwinder, its simply a case of better the devil you know :)

Putting your alliance on the map. BoM did that and I'm pretty sure they won't show up on grepolismaps.org anymore (",) Also, I don't think anyone's accused you of looking for charity. You haven't asked for charity, you've suggested that if people don't want to openly fight the Huns, they can still play a part by, in some way, financing those efforts. Given the fact that you're risking your cities by doing this, I doubt people could accuse you of self-interest in such a move.

Anywho, while I expect your particular efforts won't lead to a whole lot, I applaud the fact that you are at least doing what you believe to be necessary, presumably for the good of your alliance. That itself is admirable and while I'd usually question the wisdom of the move, it would seem it at least can't make your situation worse but holds the potential for making it somewhat better.

As 44 said, nwinder seems to be intelligent and certainly devoted to changing the situation in Delta. Talk to him. You can work with him or for him, but if you truly believe that the Huns need to be brought down, he's your best hope.

No one can accuse Delta of being boring anymore, I'd say. Potential here for something that would put shame to the "trojan wars" they organize on other worlds. Fun, eh?

Finton.
Asylum.

DeletedUser

I personally think reading all these threads is kinda funny. I agree that most people don't hate the huns or doa but their numbers make people fear them. I also think that if anyone was the seriously post that their alliance would want to do what it is that you are suggesting would be an idiot. Come on people this is after all a game. As stated before the point of this game is to grow and conquer. Fight or be destroyed. The huns and Doa play the game. Granted some may think and have said that they play dirty but really how can you go around saying that and not even have the balls to back up your accusations. There is nothing wrong with being organized and getting the job done. That is what they do. In some oceans they have been defeated from what I hear by smaller alliances, and in some they are the alliances to be feared. It is all a numbers game. The more you have the more you stand a chance at putting a dent in their armour. But in the long run it it is truely not how many battles you win but who wins the war. If there was no war then there would be no game.

DeletedUser

Finton.

stop making assumptions ok? Know what making assumptions does?

You actually received several well-considered responses since we had our discussion last night.

What makes you think I was even talking about these forums? Get over yourself.

I still believe that you've failed to provide justification for this war of yours.

Your right--I'm the only, single entity against the hun. Yes..

Also, I don't think anyone's accused you of looking for charity Never said anyone was.. I just threw it out there before anyone could accuse me of it.

Does everyone see the pattern here with finton..

1. You are a hun/doa fanboi----pssstt.. we got it buddy. we really do.

2. You make a lot of assumptions.

3. I never once criticized anyone's post as unintellectual or something, so please stop trying to read into crap that isn't there--this is the last time I will address that because I know what you are trying to do.. Stop trying to play mom against dad or whatever else game you are trying, because it is stupid. It is plainly evident by myself and everyone else here you love the hun. Fine.. I get it.. You dont think it will succeed.. fine I get it.

Now ask the one question you should be asking--go for it..

"do you, BBQsauce, Give a single iota of crap, what anyone else things about what you are trying to do?".

Answer sir,

"no".

I have been polite enough to try and respond to everyone's post so as to not look like I have posted this on an instant thought and been done with it, but thanks to the trolls, I have been forced to post more then I would've preferred..

To the non-trolls.

Message me in game if you are serious about taking down the hun.. You can see how they are.. regardless of the words they use, or the honey they attempt to poor, they are just trying to Hijack this thread; they know that if for one instant! this server could gets it's act together, they would be crushed in an instant..

and to everyone crying about.. oh but they didnt do nothing.. they are being targeted blah blah blah.. ya.. they are being targeted, and everyone has their reasons.. Don't try and sit there for a second and act like these guys all hand out pudding pops to everyone and saying "jolly good day!"

It is for these reasons (as selfish to each individual as they may be--and who rightly cares), that the people want the Hun gone.

Stop trying to micro analyze everything.. stop trying to make more out of it then there really is. to much damn crying and whining.

edit--and pink princess.. you contradicted yourself like 6 times in that reply. Or am I wrong and should complement you on your posting abilities? That is what finton see's folks as being obligated to do on posts. (why else QQ about it?)

DeletedUser

wow....

Well BBQ, whatever respect and possibility for a positive movement you might have had going for you went out the window with that rant. Thanks for crushing my hopes. AND you said Toodles... ouch... Stick a knife in this thread - its done.

forty

DeletedUser

Sorry but I am with FortryFour on this one,
as I said before a quest like this needs a strategic political and balanced mind.......... I am sorry but I don't think you are up to the challenge.

remeber this:

vengeance is a dish better served cold

if you want to go after an enemy, do it with a cold blooded, calculating, secretly amassing information and resource, stricking when your oponent least expect it attitude.

don't vent about it in the forum................. that is just sad.........................