Just a question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser55362

and "leaving because of RL issues" (not that some aren't valid), and etc.

Are you really judging people that leave by saying its not really RL issues? Even if someone leaves, and says or not says its RL issues, you got nothing to do with it.

#NoLife

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Are you really judging people that leave by saying its not really RL issues?
Are you even surprised anymore?
This comes from the same people who will shout "Grep is dying" at every possible chance, and then will brag about how many players they force to quit with spam
OT, these are usually the same people who will complain about the mods not banning botters, but at the same time use this to justify using them themselves and team up with others who do so
I don't see any change in this any time soon. In a previous world I have been showered with profanity for starting to internalize someone who was banned and who had admitted it was for knowingly breaking the rules. Apparently I was supposed to protect their cities and there was an agreement with every top alliance they were near to do so, which just goes to show how deeply rooted this problem is

DeletedUser55714

Are you really judging people that leave by saying its not really RL issues? Even if someone leaves, and says or not says its RL issues, you got nothing to do with it.

#NoLife

If you really think 100% of people who leave for "RLI" really do so because of a legitimate reasoning you're crazy and delusional. The majority leave because they had their heads handed to them (most of the time after talking smack), and multiple cities taken by the enemy. then they either just quit and don't come back, or say "RLI" to their team, or checkout VM. When EVERYONE knows it's because they realized they suck and are mad about it. And instead of growing a pair and fighting and making better decisions/learning from previous fights, they quit.

It's human nature. Anything that's too difficult and 98% of people will quit. Especially if other people are blasting them and trash talking them. In which case, most people in this world seem to be big crybabies: "Whaaa he cleared my city, whaaaa we need to OP him whaaa whaa whaaa. Whaaa I don't have an alarm and I'm worthless, whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa why he gotta attack me whaaaa whaaa."

Grepolis should come with a diaper for players

DeletedUser55362

If you really think 100% of people who leave for "RLI" really do so because of a legitimate reasoning you're crazy and delusional. The majority leave because they had their heads handed to them (most of the time after talking smack), and multiple cities taken by the enemy. then they either just quit and don't come back, or say "RLI" to their team, or checkout VM. When EVERYONE knows it's because they realized they suck and are mad about it. And instead of growing a pair and fighting and making better decisions/learning from previous fights, they quit.

It's human nature. Anything that's too difficult and 98% of people will quit. Especially if other people are blasting them and trash talking them. In which case, most people in this world seem to be big crybabies: "Whaaa he cleared my city, whaaaa we need to OP him whaaa whaa whaaa. Whaaa I don't have an alarm and I'm worthless, whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa why he gotta attack me whaaaa whaaa."

Grepolis should come with a diaper for players

Your point is? Really matters? If the person gets bored of playing this game, is a real life situation, the only thing not RL in here is the militia i kill every day.
I won't comment what you said next, cause is stupid (for me) no offense tho.

What's difficult in Grepolis? This is literally the easiest game ever, you even got a simulator that lets your simulate EVERYTHING with EVERY BUFF, the only thing that can ruin your life every day is the luck lol, not to mention you can pay to win, but that's another German story.

Well, i used to play grepolis back in the day were there was no app, no alarms (pc only), so I won't judge people that don't use alarm, they just need to play back line + Revolt (Conquest is for silly dudes with to much time on their hands - yes, count me in on this world, last conquest world for sure LOL)

DeletedUser55714

Your point is? Really matters? If the person gets bored of playing this game, is a real life situation, the only thing not RL in here is the militia i kill every day.
I won't comment what you said next, cause is stupid (for me) no offense tho.

What's difficult in Grepolis? This is literally the easiest game ever, you even got a simulator that lets your simulate EVERYTHING with EVERY BUFF, the only thing that can ruin your life every day is the luck lol, not to mention you can pay to win, but that's another German story.

Well, i used to play grepolis back in the day were there was no app, no alarms (pc only), so I won't judge people that don't use alarm, they just need to play back line + Revolt (Conquest is for silly dudes with to much time on their hands - yes, count me in on this world, last conquest world for sure LOL)

Same for no alarm/no app. However, you're missing my point. The vast majority who say they are leaving for RLI are NOT leaving because of RLI or "being bored". It's because they got crushed and rather than man up, they quit.

I ALSO did say in the first quote of mine you quoted that I do recognize that some cases are legitimate cases.

DeletedUser55069

@Miknel and those who are serious here...
do you think it would be a positive change if the banned players were visible on member list for everyone in the alliance not only for the founders/leaders like the current practice?

Fluvisol

Phrourach
@Miknel and those who are serious here...
do you think it would be a positive change if the banned players were visible on member list for everyone in the alliance not only for the founders/leaders like the current practice?
I don't see why VM and bans aren't visible to everyone anyways once they are active
Upsides:
  • You don't need to wait for a leader to be online to know that someone is banned
  • Quick glance on the member list in the alliance and on the alliance profile tells you who's VM and who's showing x days offline
  • Easier to check if people in the alliance dropped out of vm
  • Leaders can't hide that someone is banned meaning they can't claim someone is just without internet or as BZC once did claim someone was in a near fatal car accident
Downsides:
  • Spies will know if someone is banned or just offline
  • In the case of a obvious false ban some people might jump on clearing cities without communicating first
I got a ban for coplaying back in Lato after taking over an account through support because the IP changed. Got resolved within half an hour thanks to a lot of shouting at people. If everyone could see I was banned they might've jumped on clearing for BP

Maybe make it one of the rights you can give members, to see activity status of people, separate from leader status. That way people you trust could see it but potential spies couldn't

DeletedUser55069

Personally I think it should be just public, often all founders / leaders are banned (for alliance name, profile), players who share same team should be aware of those bans if the leaders / founders can know about theirs.

I also find it unfair that above the extra pressure leaders / founders are taken responsible for the cheating of other players all the time. There would be no place for excuses, no more pointing fingers only on the player who actually violated the rules.

DeletedUser41096

Personally I think it should be just public, often all founders / leaders are banned (for alliance name, profile), players who share same team should be aware of those bans if the leaders / founders can know about theirs.

I also find it unfair that above the extra pressure leaders / founders are taken responsible for the cheating of other players all the time. There would be no place for excuses, no more pointing fingers only on the player who actually violated the rules.

Very ironic. You want leaders to not suffer punishment for cheaters actions. Probably one of the most ironic things, and I wonder why you want it this way. Founders of alliances who blatantly recruit botters and cheaters (I can name some) should be served the same ban as the cheater got. Tired of alliances just recruiting cheaters to fight fights for them. Auto militia, farm bots, ect, no tolerance. These top alliances with any cheaters in them need to go. I am personally fighting one of these alliances, it makes the fights sour and ruins the encounters with good players. 1 botter will ruin the reputation of the entire group, simple. Throw the founders out if any signs of them knowing about it are found, no questions asked.

DeletedUser55069

Very ironic. You want leaders to not suffer punishment for cheaters actions. Probably one of the most ironic things, and I wonder why you want it this way.

Obviously I meant leaders who are unaware of their cheater mates what I think is more common than organized cheating if you consider players can easily hide behind a new IGN... The worst type of cheats lead to attackable bans that don't notify the attacking players, so it is the easiest for founders to make up excuses for them and save face.

You presume players cheat without facts as usual, but I won't give up on you Charlie <3.

Showing banned players on member lists would provide some facts and let players make a decision whether they want to give a new chance for the cheater (just like they are allowed to play again), get them kicked, leave the team if others tolerate them... Right now there are less options, some bans are unnoticed, especially when founders / leaders are banned. I think founders / leaders should have less power and also less responsibility in this. Just like you wrote eventually the whole team can be ruined by 1 player, so give the transparency for the whole team when it comes to their reputation.

Are you even surprised anymore?
This comes from the same people who will shout "Grep is dying" at every possible chance, and then will brag about how many players they force to quit with spam
OT, these are usually the same people who will complain about the mods not banning botters, but at the same time use this to justify using them themselves and team up with others who do so
I don't see any change in this any time soon. In a previous world I have been showered with profanity for starting to internalize someone who was banned and who had admitted it was for knowingly breaking the rules. Apparently I was supposed to protect their cities and there was an agreement with every top alliance they were near to do so, which just goes to show how deeply rooted this problem is
Grepo is dying....it's on the ropes.
:wg:

DeletedUser55329

Welcome to Grepolis, where you can cheat and get away with it so long as you spend a specified amount of money to buy gold because money is more important than holding people accountable to the rules you create. Grepo <3's Fraud
Just touching on this one for a quick sec. Keep it in mind when we are doing our jobs we physically can not see how much gold players spend specifically so this does not affect our judgement or any outcome of when we are communicating with players
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

DeletedUser54965

Just touching on this one for a quick sec. Keep it in mind when we are doing our jobs we physically can not see how much gold players spend specifically so this does not affect our judgement or any outcome of when we are communicating with players
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

smh this is a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.