Just learn the market

DeletedUser

Why is it, in the market, players put up groups of small amounts of resources for trade, often repeating it over and over. Dont these bozos realise that if they put the entire amount up in one sell, buyers can use the slider to purchase what they want to buy? Is this to hard to comprehend? I think it might be easier to spot a NOOB that way. Any clown who puts up their goods for sale in small amounts, please go and take their city because they have no idea on how to read the rules and manual of the game.

AzzDragger

DeletedUser

Um no. That was one feature that was not carried over to V2. Now you can only accept the whole offer.

DeletedUser

dammit, why didnt htey add that feature? to hard to program?

DeletedUser

Um no. That was one feature that was not carried over to V2. Now you can only accept the whole offer.

sounds like you don't have a clue about the game...

I've just been in to the market I rarely to never use it so I had to check up on it but at least I don't write before I'm sure about what I say...

there is a slider however in 2.0 you have to hover your mouse over it then click on an triangle with the tip down just beside the V (accept) button. There you can actually decide if you want the entire amount or only some of the amount....

Check it out if you don't believe me.

DeletedUser21770

Most people do it with the hopes of getting more buyers. It's kind of like advertisement, and it's worked because you're posting about it. Sure it's annoying, but it's caught your attention. It's like advertising on the television; repetitive and annoying as hell, but the company usually ends up getting customers out of it.

DeletedUser

Most people do it with the hopes of getting more buyers. It's kind of like advertisement, and it's worked because you're posting about it. Sure it's annoying, but it's caught your attention. It's like advertising on the television; repetitive and annoying as hell, but the company usually ends up getting customers out of it.

I just hope it doesnt stay like this... we ought be better than television

I mean, what should attract buyers is the trading rate, not the annoyness factor

DeletedUser

sounds like you don't have a clue about the game...

I think an ex mod would have more of a clue about the game than yourself to be honest, just because of one comment you can't really make the judgement.

DeletedUser

Ah, so it is there. A little too well hidden for my liking!

Seems I have learned 2 new tricks today. You can give negative reputation just as easily as positive!

DeletedUser21770

I just hope it doesnt stay like this... we ought be better than television

I mean, what should attract buyers is the trading rate, not the annoyness factor

It's also used because, as was confirmed by Priscilla, not everybody knows about the slider. For the players who don't know, it's easier for them to just take the small amounts in chunks like that (or to post them up like that if they think they're being helpful by doing so).

DeletedUser

It's also used because, as was confirmed by Priscilla, not everybody knows about the slider. For the players who don't know, it's easier for them to just take the small amounts in chunks like that (or to post them up like that if they think they're being helpful by doing so).

yep... Lets just hope they read the forums eventually or find out somehow

I'll do the following: If I see someoen doing that, pm that person and let them know they can accomplish that with only one offer. If they insist on spaming small chunks... well... (SW) if I can handle lol

DeletedUser16679

yep... Lets just hope they read the forums eventually or find out somehow

I'll do the following: If I see someoen doing that, pm that person and let them know they can accomplish that with only one offer. If they insist on spaming small chunks... well... (SW) if I can handle lol

I trade in small chunks as not everyone reads the external forums, this gives smaller players who dont read them a chance to trade, and ill continue to trade this way, whats a couple of clicks of a button in the grand scheme of this game
:p

DeletedUser

I trade in small chunks as not everyone reads the external forums, this gives smaller players who dont read them a chance to trade, and ill continue to trade this way, whats a couple of clicks of a button in the grand scheme of this game
:p

what is a single click and a single eye to notice a slidebar? its not like you'd be preventing anyone from trading, if anything you're just helping them find out you dont need to put out countless small chunks of resources

just be helpful and stop the small chunks... Its not that hard to explore a bit the trading tool and find you can choose how much amount of the offer you want to trade...

DeletedUser21560

I think an ex mod would have more of a clue about the game than yourself to be honest, just because of one comment you can't really make the judgement.

tbh being a mod doesnt mean you know more about the game than any other players...

sorry to burst your bubble saska but all of you aint that special :)

DeletedUser

Mods do know more about the game than other players, not all of them however. I'd say they all know more than you.

DeletedUser21770

tbh being a mod doesnt mean you know more about the game than any other players...

Neither are you, but you insist on trying to correct everybody as well.
No need to post just to have a snipe at somebody.

Saska simply defended another player (and former mod), who was unaware to something that was implimented into the game for V2, but wasn't as obvious as it could have been. Making a comment such as the above is just uncalled for.

DeletedUser

Why Twizzle I’ve not see one of your pointless posts around for a while, so glad to see you still playing.

I was referring to an in game mod, and in game mods know a lot more about the game than 99% of players, their whole role is to deal with helping players with support requests.

If they didn’t know about the game, they couldn’t do the job…. Maybe you should think before you post next time as your seem to have a limited idea about what we as mods do.

DeletedUser21560

Maybe you should read your own reply first...

Obviously the ex mod didnt have a clue in this case... so i cant see why your post was needed at all?

I did think before i posted, looks like im one of the only one who did that

A question was asked, an ex mod gave the wrong answer, and was corrected by a player, and then mr Saska had to come tell him that mods know what they are talking about (eventho they are clearly wrong, and priscila honestly admitting that she didnt know about that option)

So i really cant see why you should mouth off in this case...

Ohh and i do know what mods do, they mouth of in forums and troll players and look for their friends best interest, all in the name of grepolis, but thats cool too, i just choose to stay away from the mod part of grepolis because i know how it is run...

To all you other biip word peeps, wipe your noses theres some brown left on it...

And please stop making all those pointless posts - strikehard

You dont have a clue who i am so what makes you worthy of saying that

DeletedUser21770

Saska wasn't stating that mods know all. He was stating that mods do usually know considerably more about the game in some cases, and if anything, was aimed more at the way Priscilla was spoken to.

Thizzle said:
Ohh and i do know what mods do, they mouth of in forums and troll players and look for their friends best interest, all in the name of grepolis, but thats cool too, i just choose to stay away from the mod part of grepolis because i know how it is run...

To all you other biip word peeps, wipe your noses theres some brown left on it...

And please stop making all those pointless posts - strikehard

Pot. Kettle. Black. Get my point?

DeletedUser16679

i didn't know about the sliding scale option on the market, as iv played on NU and that's just recently changed to 2 and i dont use the market there, I took advice here and put my resources up in larger amounts and they sat, so i took them down and put them in 500 lots and they where taken very quickly, So i know it might be a pain for some people to see small lots but until everyone gets to grips with 2 features then small lots will be the way ill be trading,

DeletedUser

Saska was defending me because I was not just an ingame mod, but I was also the forum mod of the questions and guides section. Since I had to read every post in that section I do have a very good working knowledge of the game. Further, I was the person the mods asked if they didn't know the answer.

However I resigned about the time V2 went live. I did play on the beta server, it was a speed version and the market wasn't used much. I think I looked at it once. When I recently returned to the game, I saw that people were spamming the markets with small offers and assumed that this was because the slider had been removed.

The way that the slider has been implemented is not at all intuative. Most people who look at the offers on the market are looking at the left hand column. If they use the mouse pointer to keep track of where they are up to, they will see the down arrow jumping around on the right of the page as a distraction. Hence they will ignore it. I certainly did. As clearly do most other players.

What Saska objected to was the same as I did. It was the obnoxious and insulting opening sentence that was used (and Saska quoted). If the poster had opened with "Here it is" the response would have been thankful. Just maybe that is the reason the rules clearly state "Treat each other with respect and remain polite" and "Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum".

There are some other rules about staying on topic and not provoking moderators that also seem to have been overlooked in this thread.