Lacking Sanity

DeletedUser

Just sat here wondering what exactly is happening to Lacking Sanity.... i hear alot of them are in VM and then alot of internal issues, anyone else got any info on the situation here...

sucks when good alliances battling it out for top fall apart. but such is the life of grepolis :)

DeletedUser

its disappointing when alliances at the top battling and making things look interesting crumble... but what can we do this kind of thing happens all the time :rolleyes:

DeletedUser25249

I must say im pretty disappointed with this alliance, they had a marvelous start mopping up the noobs in o44, then briefly enjoyed the 3 way war for the core, where in my opinion got exposed for the b grade team they are, now it seems in fIghting and give ups have destroyed a very promising ally...R.T.P

DeletedUser14397

where in my opinion got exposed for the b grade team they are

B Grade thats a bold comment and easy said once were done, sat #1 for most things ie Fighters/Defenders over all so where is the B Grade in that fool, also LS broke up by its self as some know VM and other little things made LS no longer some choose to run some chose to quit and the mighty nut jobs hang around to go down with the ship

RIP LS was a good alliance while it lasted and so glad i left DT to join them

BAAHHHHH

DeletedUser

LS fell apart internally through VM. Seeing 15 blue dots next to 31 players was pretty depressing.

No one ran either. When you play with a group of people who left due to new born babies, new jobs, time contraints, illness you dont want to join another alliance. It bums you out and you dont really know what direction to head in.

Eventually one of the leaders migrated to the rim and the other is still in VM so we did our best to keep the remaining 10 players going but when morale gets that low its pointless almost to carry on. COnsidering we couldnt rustle up enough bireme between us to hld down a seige :(

Anyway it was fun and I enjoyed chatting to the guys on skype (some pretty messed up chat in there for sure). Hope to play with them in another world one day.

For now Im gonna sim it out in VM for a few days and try and work out what direction I am heading in.

Lacking sanity was awesome and if we still had our originals we would still be top of the food chain ;)

DeletedUser24626

LS fell apart internally through VM. Seeing 15 blue dots next to 31 players was pretty depressing.

No one ran either. When you play with a group of people who left due to new born babies, new jobs, time contraints, illness you dont want to join another alliance. It bums you out and you dont really know what direction to head in.

Eventually one of the leaders migrated to the rim and the other is still in VM so we did our best to keep the remaining 10 players going but when morale gets that low its pointless almost to carry on. COnsidering we couldnt rustle up enough bireme between us to hld down a seige :(

Anyway it was fun and I enjoyed chatting to the guys on skype (some pretty messed up chat in there for sure). Hope to play with them in another world one day.

For now Im gonna sim it out in VM for a few days and try and work out what direction I am heading in.

Lacking sanity was awesome and if we still had our originals we would still be top of the food chain ;)

It does make the ability to play as a team and coordinate properly, if you have several members spending most of their time in VM, very difficult. This same scenario had happened to ATeam, there were over 300 cities in VM and right on the border with LS/SoD. Fortunately their close allies LoD stuck to their side during the long process of slowly taking inactive's while they popped out of VM. Eventually some members came back to either hand accounts to new players, that wanted to join this world. Or were persuaded to login and clear cities for our members so we could take them cities over quickly. During this process we lost a several inactive cities to LS/Boom/DT/SoD, but instead of crying foul. We became more determined to overcome this hardship, with hard work, we worked our way through the daunting task of dealing with our internal strife.

So in my opinion LS failed due to lack of support from their allies during a hard time. Then with the extra pressure from the enemies of LS, most members of LS. Just didn't see a point in trying to keep fighting back.

So my hats off to any member of LS, that did not spend weeks in vm, during this entire servers life, upto this point.

DeletedUser34939

So there's a lot of speculation and rumors going around about the downfall of LS. I decided I'd make an official statement to set the record straight.

Big Bad and I had played together previously and when we saw the settings for this world we contacted each other on skype almost simultaneously about starting up on it. We'd both been in alliances previously where 8 or 9 people acted as the backbone for 80 other players so we decided that we would start an alliance and only invite those backbone players to join us.

We started on thebes with 8 players and picked up 4 or 5 more before protection ended. We stayed at about 12 players for the first month or so of the server and were highly successful. 12 players capable of handling themselves without alliance support literally decimated an entire ocean. The downside to our extreme agressiveness is that many players in our area walked away from the server before their cities even hit 3k points, as a result we ignored many of these small abandoned cities in favor of taking larger cities and expanding our borders. This left us spread thin over a large area.

After about a month we merged with an alliance on the southern border of 44 and took in oliver, halfenbred, thebageldeli, and several other players who were great additions to the team. With these new players we spread even further across 44, however the majority of our power ran in a right angle down the border of 44/54 an then 44/45 with very few cities in the center of 44.

By this point we were sitting at about 20 members, we were the #1 in abp, #1 overall fighters, and #3 rank behind DT and Butter (who both had full rosters leaving us #1 in points per member).

Butter declared war on SoD, we spent a few days building troops on our eastern front before blitzing across the border. We all know butter collapsed too easily, and from the outside it may seem like we didn't deserve the win but anyone in our joint war room at the time or on the butter side of the battle can tell you it wouldn't have taken much longer if they had fought it out. We opened up with extremely well prepared and coordinated attacks, smashed the majority of their offense, completely drained the majority of their caves and we were already landing CS faster than they could respond to them. It was a brilliant little war and LS/SoD definitely deserve the credit for breaking Butter - we had several players who took the day off of school/work in order to remain online and fighting for the first 24 hours of the conflict - that is serious dedication.

We then absorbed some butter players, most of which turned out to be good additions, however this is when the first wave of VM hit us as well. A few of our guys entered VM which was ok because we had a temporary ceasefire with LoD/Ateam. By the time the LoD/Ateam ceasefire expired we had something like 8 players in VM, then one of them pops out of VM, launches everything he has at LoD/Ateam while the majority of us are asleep, and announces in the forum that he's leaving the game (the original Indox account holder).

War starts with LoD/Ateam despite the fact that we'd just asked everyone to hold their fire until more folks come out of VM. That original Indox dude me off royally with that move... The rest is history. people left VM, entered VM, At no point since the LoD/Ateam war started have I had a full 20 members playing. At one point I noticed that my top 4 players had the point equivilent of the #9 ranked alliance, but 4 out of my top 5 were in VM, at another point 7 of my top 10 were all in VM. When the LoD/Ateam fight started we also had a huge membership turnover, Indox, Arzaac, jason pflug, turtleacus all switched account holders, Sanjames was hospitalized and left, LiM caught dengue fever and left, Norfolk left... we took in the top of another small alliance from north 44 in hopes they could support the southern front but that didn't work out very well for us.

To say that LS had "internal problems" gives the wrong idea, we didn't. I don't think a group of players has ever gotten along better or had more fun playing with each other than we LSers. One of the things that made us strongest was also our undoing: we're all a bunch of successful old timers. Not just in the game but in real life, during the few months this server was open we had 3 players have children, countless got better jobs or promotions, and the troop speed + conquest became more than some could handle with so many life changes going on. Again I don't blame anyone for this, I'm happy for each and every one of the players who had to leave or take extended VM because of real world personal growth.

I stayed active and out of VM but I felt the strain on my life too with school, work, and kids to deal with on top of playing grepo 20 hours a day. Personally I plan on continuing to play grepo and I'm waiting for a no moral revolt world to open up so that I can plan and still get my sleep at night. If anyone out there is reading this and nodding their head realizing that they can't play grepo like they did in college anymore feel free to PM me, would love to have some more reliable old timers come join us on a nice revolt world :)

So there's a lil insight into LS. Remember the names of the players who played there and when you see them on another server do your best to recruit them. Top notch players and all around great guys.

Special thanks and acknowledgement to swali - who contrary to popular belief does NOT kill his own troops for BP, the man is just a beast, to Makodemus - you couldn't find a more genuine guy out there, he really gives his all to the alliance, to frank, wooly, turtle, jake, oliver, halfy, the original smine, don, mako303, rob, ryan, and everyone else who kept our skype chat so active and alive and whose work put our alliance at the top of the food chain. Everyone, recognize the Big Bad for the pimp-monster-grepo-master he is, just don't give him your cell number. Natty, ingrid, dawson, and everyone else we dragged over to take accounts, thanks for trying to keep the dream alive.

DeletedUser24626

LS ended the Border Nap officially, it was big bad's decision period. ATeam/LoD were ok keeping the Nap intact, but LS leadership was getting hassled from its members about having no where to expand and get bp. Thus when cease fire expired big bad told us LS wasn't going to keep the Nap intact. So of course their members then attacked us less than 24hrs after we were told there was no more Nap.

DeletedUser

Regardless of how your story checks out (I don't care to look into it) You sound genuine man. Sounds like you have a great group of guys you got together. Good to hear stories like this. Wish you all the best!

DeletedUser34939

LS ended the Border Nap officially, it was big bad's decision period. ATeam/LoD were ok keeping the Nap intact, but LS leadership was getting hassled from its members about having no where to expand and get bp. Thus when cease fire expired big bad told us LS wasn't going to keep the Nap intact. So of course their members then attacked us less than 24hrs after we were told there was no more Nap

We decided to let the NAP expire because DT/BOOM were taking it way too hard and we liked the idea of the 3 super pacts fighting for the core, we didn't want to see them wiped out too early. Members were told not to start attacking LoD/Ateam before we were ready to get the fight started (meaning we got the vacant accounts filled and some members got back from VM) but Indox came back from VM, didn't read the messages and went ballistic firing everything he had at LoD/Ateam cities - then fire was returned and the war was started.

Before I made the decision to abandon the core and let what was left of LS scatter to the winds the only other viable option on the table was entering a pact with BOOM/DoW against LoD/Ateam and I didn't really like the idea of 4 of the top alliances ganging up on 1 (plus Ateam but there's so little left of them I can't really count it).

I think what we have left in the core now balances out to a fair fight, DoW/BOOM vs LoD/Ateam. Synd doing their thing on the north side of the core but aren't in much of a position to have an effect in the big fight besides having most of their power and leadership in VM at the moment.

P.S. Sorry for the incredibly long post up top there. After I originally read this thread I meant to make a new thread titled "LS, a brief history" but instead apparently I replied to this thread. I guess it all worked out anyway, just wanted to explain my novel.

DeletedUser

P.S. Sorry for the incredibly long post up top there. After I originally read this thread I meant to make a new thread titled "LS, a brief history" but instead apparently I replied to this thread. I guess it all worked out anyway, just wanted to explain my novel.

Its cool glad my little thread is getting some posts now, made good reading to see whats actually going off in the world of thebes :p

DeletedUser

So there's a lot of speculation and rumors going around about the downfall of LS. I decided I'd make an official statement to set the record straight.

Big Bad and I had played together previously and when we saw the settings for this world we contacted each other on skype almost simultaneously about starting up on it. We'd both been in alliances previously where 8 or 9 people acted as the backbone for 80 other players so we decided that we would start an alliance and only invite those backbone players to join us.

We started on thebes with 8 players and picked up 4 or 5 more before protection ended. We stayed at about 12 players for the first month or so of the server and were highly successful. 12 players capable of handling themselves without alliance support literally decimated an entire ocean. The downside to our extreme agressiveness is that many players in our area walked away from the server before their cities even hit 3k points, as a result we ignored many of these small abandoned cities in favor of taking larger cities and expanding our borders. This left us spread thin over a large area.

After about a month we merged with an alliance on the southern border of 44 and took in oliver, halfenbred, thebageldeli, and several other players who were great additions to the team. With these new players we spread even further across 44, however the majority of our power ran in a right angle down the border of 44/54 an then 44/45 with very few cities in the center of 44.

By this point we were sitting at about 20 members, we were the #1 in abp, #1 overall fighters, and #3 rank behind DT and Butter (who both had full rosters leaving us #1 in points per member).

Butter declared war on SoD, we spent a few days building troops on our eastern front before blitzing across the border. We all know butter collapsed too easily, and from the outside it may seem like we didn't deserve the win but anyone in our joint war room at the time or on the butter side of the battle can tell you it wouldn't have taken much longer if they had fought it out. We opened up with extremely well prepared and coordinated attacks, smashed the majority of their offense, completely drained the majority of their caves and we were already landing CS faster than they could respond to them. It was a brilliant little war and LS/SoD definitely deserve the credit for breaking Butter - we had several players who took the day off of school/work in order to remain online and fighting for the first 24 hours of the conflict - that is serious dedication.

We then absorbed some butter players, most of which turned out to be good additions, however this is when the first wave of VM hit us as well. A few of our guys entered VM which was ok because we had a temporary ceasefire with LoD/Ateam. By the time the LoD/Ateam ceasefire expired we had something like 8 players in VM, then one of them pops out of VM, launches everything he has at LoD/Ateam while the majority of us are asleep, and announces in the forum that he's leaving the game (the original Indox account holder).

War starts with LoD/Ateam despite the fact that we'd just asked everyone to hold their fire until more folks come out of VM. That original Indox dude me off royally with that move... The rest is history. people left VM, entered VM, At no point since the LoD/Ateam war started have I had a full 20 members playing. At one point I noticed that my top 4 players had the point equivilent of the #9 ranked alliance, but 4 out of my top 5 were in VM, at another point 7 of my top 10 were all in VM. When the LoD/Ateam fight started we also had a huge membership turnover, Indox, Arzaac, jason pflug, turtleacus all switched account holders, Sanjames was hospitalized and left, LiM caught dengue fever and left, Norfolk left... we took in the top of another small alliance from north 44 in hopes they could support the southern front but that didn't work out very well for us.

To say that LS had "internal problems" gives the wrong idea, we didn't. I don't think a group of players has ever gotten along better or had more fun playing with each other than we LSers. One of the things that made us strongest was also our undoing: we're all a bunch of successful old timers. Not just in the game but in real life, during the few months this server was open we had 3 players have children, countless got better jobs or promotions, and the troop speed + conquest became more than some could handle with so many life changes going on. Again I don't blame anyone for this, I'm happy for each and every one of the players who had to leave or take extended VM because of real world personal growth.

I stayed active and out of VM but I felt the strain on my life too with school, work, and kids to deal with on top of playing grepo 20 hours a day. Personally I plan on continuing to play grepo and I'm waiting for a no moral revolt world to open up so that I can plan and still get my sleep at night. If anyone out there is reading this and nodding their head realizing that they can't play grepo like they did in college anymore feel free to PM me, would love to have some more reliable old timers come join us on a nice revolt world :)

So there's a lil insight into LS. Remember the names of the players who played there and when you see them on another server do your best to recruit them. Top notch players and all around great guys.

Special thanks and acknowledgement to swali - who contrary to popular belief does NOT kill his own troops for BP, the man is just a beast, to Makodemus - you couldn't find a more genuine guy out there, he really gives his all to the alliance, to frank, wooly, turtle, jake, oliver, halfy, the original smine, don, mako303, rob, ryan, and everyone else who kept our skype chat so active and alive and whose work put our alliance at the top of the food chain. Everyone, recognize the Big Bad for the pimp-monster-grepo-master he is, just don't give him your cell number. Natty, ingrid, dawson, and everyone else we dragged over to take accounts, thanks for trying to keep the dream alive.

Sad to see you guys leave.

I have one thing for you though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDD7egEN2k

Ateam had something very similar, they were about to be broken but we stuck together and see where we are now.

But nevertheless, it's ok. you guys were great opponent. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

breaking my boycott of this forum to say thank you to Mojo, Big Bad, Frank, Maco and their team for a great few month of playing together. It's been a lot of fun. You guys were great sport and I really appreciate your effort to balance the world. Hope to see you guys on the new speed 3 serevr. I enjoyed playing with you....

...unlike those LOD losers :supermad:

DeletedUser

Good luck to you guys, it was pleasure fighting you. Hope to see many of you in the future.