Let's Celebrate

DeletedUser17045

The only better feature I find in 2.0 is the farming system.

Other than that, nothing really worries me. I mean, the graphics are fine too on 1.26. And really, an old travelling man offering you goodies? Good, but it's like another market. Either way, I don't really care. I don't play any 1.26 worlds, however, I'm sure others DO CARE! ;)

DeletedUser

The only better feature I find in 2.0 is the farming system.

Other than that, nothing really worries me. I mean, the graphics are fine too on 1.26. And really, an old travelling man offering you goodies? Good, but it's like another market. Either way, I don't really care. I don't play any 1.26 worlds, however, I'm sure others DO CARE! ;)

Well, join lambda go north west.Join Rising Sun!

DeletedUser

Of course it goes quiet. People dont want to shake things up. They live in their alliances saying.. oh look we are cool. We kick butt and lick lollypops.

I treat each world as a totally different game. Each one has its own settings and players. I can understand the want for an upgrade and Gordopolis stated that they MIGHT upgrade the existing worlds but no idea how exactly they will upgrade them.

Sure you built quite an empire in Alpha.. IT WAS THE FIRST WORLD! however the way I see it you joined it with the agreement on how it was to be. Inogames has the clause that they can change the game but that is 100% up to them. I can understand people wanting it to happen but threatening to quit and never play or pay again is a ludicris statement.

Thats like a kid saying to his parent "I hate you and wish you were dead. I will never love you again" when the parent says.. "no Timmy you cannot have a jaguar as a pet" maybe bob down the street got a jaguar and thats why Timmy wants one. ooh its so sleek and lithe. And it eats poodles.

Ac04 might not like me saying this but meh. The game is how it is. Sure they might still upgrade it or they might not but peeing your pants isnt the way to make it happen. State that you would like it and heck.. even ask for a poll to be made for it. But do it maturely... do it politically.

This is of course my thoughts not inogames. I have no inside information on if this is happening or not.

DeletedUser17045

Totally agree.

Fair enough, you have worked hard to build up your "empires" and what not, who says you can't do it again? Obviously it's just you all that want the upgrade. Lazy people. YOUR current "empires" will not be deleted. You can still play a 2.0 world and the original.

DeletedUser

Totally agree.

Fair enough, you have worked hard to build up your "empires" and what not, who says you can't do it again? Obviously it's just you all that want the upgrade. Lazy people. YOUR current "empires" will not be deleted. You can still play a 2.0 world and the original.

Im curious on what rank you are (rank for points and rank for BP) on the world/s you play.

It comes across like you don't realise the amount of work that was put in to make it to the top 50 on a slow world like alpha.

I dont want to have to do it all over again on a seperate world while still trying to maintain my rank on alpha. I worked my butt off to make it to where I am. Like many I put in all the hours I could while getting established while working a full time job and having a daughter. Setting the alarm clock to wake up so I could launch attacks etc... Im not going through all that again.

I was actually looking forward to 2.0 but I guess I'm just over this game.. Any excuse to get out aye.

DeletedUser13539

Of course it goes quiet. People dont want to shake things up. They live in their alliances saying.. oh look we are cool. We kick butt and lick lollypops.

I treat each world as a totally different game. Each one has its own settings and players. I can understand the want for an upgrade and Gordopolis stated that they MIGHT upgrade the existing worlds but no idea how exactly they will upgrade them.

Sure you built quite an empire in Alpha.. IT WAS THE FIRST WORLD! however the way I see it you joined it with the agreement on how it was to be. Inogames has the clause that they can change the game but that is 100% up to them. I can understand people wanting it to happen but threatening to quit and never play or pay again is a ludicris statement.

Thats like a kid saying to his parent "I hate you and wish you were dead. I will never love you again" when the parent says.. "no Timmy you cannot have a jaguar as a pet" maybe bob down the street got a jaguar and thats why Timmy wants one. ooh its so sleek and lithe. And it eats poodles.

Ac04 might not like me saying this but meh. The game is how it is. Sure they might still upgrade it or they might not but peeing your pants isnt the way to make it happen. State that you would like it and heck.. even ask for a poll to be made for it. But do it maturely... do it politically.

This is of course my thoughts not inogames. I have no inside information on if this is happening or not.

Do you think you are talking to players who have not earned their right to be where they are? The ones complaining here are the most active players in Alpha hands down....no lollipop lickers here my friend.

Who cares when they will upgrade....but, and the big but is that they said this a good 6 months ago and we are still waiting.

Who gives a rats a** if it was the first world...others followed shortly thereafter. Threatening to quit is not ludicris, it is real. Try spending a year or more to build, not only friendships, but empires and watch it wither away because of what we thought would come to frutition and has not. Was that all false pretenses?

LMAO, come on now...trying to compare this to any of the child metephors you have listed here is ludicris...it is a game for god's sake. We invested time and money. Why start over when we can have what is already here? Upgrade and we stay and continue to be loyal. Paying and spending another year to get where I currently am and watch the same thing possibly happen again in a year or more is not worth my time.

What we are doing here is mature, open and loud enough for all to hear. Why does everything have to be political, huh? Not all players in this game are over 18 years of age so any of that BS should just be keept out an not taken out of context. No one is peeing their pants. It is what it is. They either hear the voice of their customer's or the customer's go elsewhere, period. Simple business model and practice.

DeletedUser13539

Totally agree.

Wow, okay man....are you a noob?

We do not want to do it again!! That is the point. We want to see an end to the game we are currently playing. That's it, and then we can move on. Close down the server if that is what should happen - or upgrade it finally, but again inno will lose all those who have already stated they will leave because starting from ground zero makes no sense.

No one is lazy here...who has 18 hours a day to play a game? Yeah, you most likely because you are a student or whatever the case may be, but understand this - you can not be effective and successful playing two worlds at the same time. If you can you are either putting your relationship, marriage, school work, Uni, or any number of different factors in jeopardy. I have had good m8's on this World fall out and lose families because they spent too much time on the game. It is a game, period and if you want people to continue playing you need to throw them a bone.

DeletedUser

A bunch of you are trying to speak for the entire world when you are just a dozen or so. A few of you are acting childish imo as well... try talking in private to the head admins to open an in-game poll like they did with morale to get a much better feel from the entire world... not just a few players.

We still have the same game we signed up for, it isn't like they tried CHANGING it for the worse, like they tried to do with morale and all that crap, where we did vote and won against them changing the game we signed up for. We didn't sign up with the mandate that we would get all the updates other worlds get... if we did, a lot of us would of quit a long time ago when morale was attempted to be implemented.

I have faith in Innogames as I have seen what they have done in the past for us. Can they please everyone? Hell no.

I am still enjoying the game, as it is the same as it has been. Do I want an end game added... hell no. Like you are all arguing, we worked hard on these accounts and I will only continue playing on this account I have built. So I hope they don't add an end-type game ever to Alpha so we can play until WE decide we are done. Are some of 2.0 features nice... I don't know for sure.. I have never played a 2.0 world. Do I farm? Never, it is a pain... but I attack actives as my farming routine which is plenty good enough for me. Adding an easy farming routine will just help the builders and pansies imo... adding the wonders... again just giving builders a goal. 2.0 sounds pretty lame from what I have seen. A new god... that I could go possibly for, although I feel I never have enough favor in the 4 gods I have now.

Some things I would rather see than make this a builder's paradise (Which I feel a lot of the people speaking for 2.0 are) ... increase CS max travel time to double, 96 hours, so we can get to other oceans easier when we are in need of new enemies, or if we have members in weak areas that could use major reinforcement. This will help enhance the fighting imo. Enable posting of accounts for trade or giveaways so the large accounts can get new owners keeping the world more active. Change luck to -10 to +10 range or even 5, as the current luck system is retarded and plays way too much of a role in battles. Increase earthquake to be a bit more destructive... defending is way too easy already. Make earthquakes take 3-5 levels away allowing attackers to be more effective.

DeletedUser

I certainly can support the idea that there are players who prefer to have the world remain as is. I also support the idea that an in-game poll would be a novel idea for the administrators.

The point of this thread, and emails, is to generate enough "buzz" to encourage action by the administrators to honor their previous commitment for open communication in regards to their statements indicating a release of 2.0 to Alpha.

DeletedUser5

I will say first off, the Administrators (myself, Gordopolis, Furryicecubes) have no bearing on whether 2.0 comes to Alpha. all we can do is express our views to try to persuade the product manager, and the developers to bring the 2.0 update to Alpha.

DeletedUser1359

I have 2 trains of thought on this topic. Firstly I agree with scholar that we should at least be told in what direction the developers see our world going in

Secondly I agree with Eguzon and Essex. We have played the game for a year in its present format. I see no reason to make massive changes to a game I already enjoy playing.

I don't mind updates and changes to keep the game fresh i.e. city clot ratio's being made a bit smaller, however I don't want a complete over haul

I was not really a fan of the wonder idea and I am quite happy that my alliance isn't spending thousands of resources making a building instead of troops.

Its a big world and it takes along time to save the CP ready to take the next city. If this issue could be addressed then I think all the active players would be happier

DeletedUser

I have to say I agree with the original posters thoughts.

I feel cheated with empty promises of the Heroworld. i have only stuck around the last 3 months as I was anticipating the new features.

I have also bought Gold on this belief that there would be a new version.

Now I;m no Lawyer but I;m pretty sure that if no version 2 is released for alpha there is a false advertising claim to be had.

But sadly most of us will have thrown the towel in by then and they'll get away with it.

It would have been simpler to just say Alpha is getting no updates please join a new world asap so you can take advantage of the new features. to keep us all hanging on is just rude.

I;ve already started a new account on Sigma, but find the pace too quick and it favours school kids or people with no lifes. rather than the slow and methodical approach of Alpha.

I guess it's back to Total War for me.

DeletedUser

I was not really a fan of the wonder idea and I am quite happy that my alliance isn't spending thousands of resources making a building instead of troops.

It was never about building the wonders, it was about preventing others from completing them and therefore in turn increasing aggressions and mergers, forcing people to break into heavily dominated oceans to take a city on a heavily defended island.

What we have now is a nondirectional game play which is why so many are getting bored. Those short term or obscure goals no longer hold the interest they use to.

DeletedUser1359

The idea wasn't about building the wonder but stopping others completeing the wonder before you yet I don't see how it's possible to stop an alliance from building one

A few thousand Bi's in each city on the wonder isle will stop any aggressor. Even the smallest of alliances can probably manage to defend an island in the heart of their alliance

So instead of stopping an alliance it will be a race to see who can construct one first.

Anyway we have blown well off course from the topic here.

All I am saying is I have enjoyed playing the game in this format for over a year and I don't see how wonders or 2.0 will improve gameplay

Players have been leaving this game since day one. I remember DDW and FtD all throwing their toys out and leaving after around 4-5 months into the game. Did the developers care. Of course not. Threatening/leaving the game does not bother the developers one bit.

DeletedUser

I think many people that still like the game the way it is miss an important point. It's not only about the fact that most of us feel betrayed by Innogames' loose promises. It's also not only about the fact that the game has become boring and nearly unmanageable when you reach 40+ cities.

It's about people being unhappy and wanting to quit the game. A quick scroll through our forums and contact with people in other alliances revealed that 40% will quit within a 2-3 months. They also mentioned that 2.0 will save them from quitting. Not because of the new god or the farming system, but because now they have an ending to play for.

The consequences for everyone are huge when one third or more of the people will quit. Do the non-complainers really think the game would be fun with all those gray cities? Hardly anyone to bash anymore? Increased travel distances?

And I didn't even mention the possible snowball-effect of others losing their interest as well as a result of this or friends quitting.

DeletedUser

I don't agree with Richie, EOW have successfully attacked a Wonder Island of Unity and defended the new conquer. By doing this we have seen the disintegration of the Alliance in 62&63.

In fact this has happened on a couple of there Wionder Islands. It;s a great source of BP's once you are in. Stack it with Bir's and accumalate the points.

On another note the difference in ideas about the idea of Wonder Islands is clear in the differnece in mentality of players and Alliances. Those who think it is a positive idea and a catalyst for agression are winners and those ti want to stack their isalnds with Bir's will be the losers.

If you feel a couple of thouand Bri's can't be beaten then you don;t have the organisation to get your Alliance to summon several thousand LS to beat them.

As Cocote knows EOW are not afraid to lose 10s of thousand of LS against cities. As long as the Bp are rising.

I just hope he lets us know when he is leaving so we can finally take his F***ing cities!!!

Alpha will be a duller palce if he does leave.

DeletedUser

As Cocote knows EOW are not afraid to lose 10s of thousand of LS against cities.
I think you mean SQUANDER rather than lose, but the end is the same.

But there is more than one way to remove a defence.
Why go at an armed wall when you can dig under and make it collapse?

It adds an element of strategy back into the game.
5000 biremes in 20 cities leaves a lot of other cities as open targets.

Wonders don't go up in days or weeks (so we are lead to believe) so working your way through an ocean to take just a single city from their weakest member on that isle is possible.

DeletedUser

I see alot of people saying "we still have the same game; nothing was changed". and I think that's the point. If Inno, when unveiling the new roadmaps, had indicated, right from the start, that Alpha and other 1.26.x worlds would never get the new upgrades, then that is one thing. At that point, Alpha players could decide whether they wanted to move on to a new world (when it was opening), or whether they would stay w/ their Empires on Alpha.

But that is not what Inno did; you guys led us all on for a long period of time. NOBODY from Inno came out and said "1.26.x will not get the updates". we were given an ambiguous date in the future, but again, the CUSTOMERS were told this feature would EVENTUALLY come in. so people took wonder islands; and people made plans. some people probably bought more gold coins in anticipation. And now, after the new worlds have it, to come out and say "well actually we don't see how that's even possible, it's unlikely the new features will come to Alpha now" is just a bunch of crap. Why can't we, the customers, get a straight answer about roadmaps and features? I think that is what most people are upset about - not the fact that it isn't coming to these specific worlds, but the fact that we were all led to believe for months upon months that it was. Alliance's wasted time and resources conquering anchors on wonder islands, all for nothing. How about this Inno, be straight with your oldest customers JUST ONCE and tell us all whether or not the features will happen, and if yes, tell us WHEN that will be - no more ambiguous "out in the future" maybes, be responsible and make a commitment to your customers. that is what we are asking for.

Last edited by a moderator: